Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:08:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Newbies should stay away from Faucets  (Read 1029 times)
BitNaija

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:37:14 AM

I do not think like you the faucet is the best place for those who have no money to earn free. You should find the site that supports the best faucets like faucethub.io or faucetsystem
Different stroke for different folks!

I would agree with you. Because it may be he did not get the right site that pays well.
How does the faucethub.io work?

justBorn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:43:55 AM

Currently, im doing faucet. in 2 hours I made 1k satoshi by clicking and solving captca I though you're right. I already stopped now after I red your post. This a huge waste of time. Don't dare to do fauceting guys. Thanks to you.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:45:19 AM

i have started with faucets and i earn quite a bitcoin from the free faucets you may have met the faucet without paying but there are many sites that support you list of pretty good faucets that are epay, faucethub, faucetsystem
Latief

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:48:50 PM

up to you want to play faucet or not. but, faucet is long and more time to get bitcoin.
if you want, just increase your rank and join campaign on this forum
Neptunator

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:50:15 PM

I agree that faucets are waste of time. But, sadly at the beginning I start earning from there. I still remember when I completely confused how to get eth for gas. Then I started to sort best faucets only, especially those which not detect Anti-AdBlock that I used  Grin I commit to not buy at the beginning, so I commit to did it. But now, better considering airdrops and bounty.
Lesiu

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:41:05 PM

Same here. Just wasted time and nothing.
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:47:42 PM

I agree that faucets are waste of time. But, sadly at the beginning I start earning from there. I still remember when I completely confused how to get eth for gas. Then I started to sort best faucets only, especially those which not detect Anti-AdBlock that I used  Grin I commit to not buy at the beginning, so I commit to did it. But now, better considering airdrops and bounty.

I would not think about it and worry about it. This is a precarious land and you may lose a lot of time, which you will definitely use for other Bitcoin investments. Trade, invest and use while you can.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:03:57 PM

I disagree that newbies should stay from faucets. Yes, it's hard to get decent earnings from faucets, some people saying it's waste of time. But faucets is still good for newbies. By using faucets, they become familiar with bitcoin/altcoins, how everything works and etc. Yes, there are many better paying jobs, but many newbies don't have any special skills and it's only way to get their first coins. They also don't have money to buy Bitcoin. After they finally collect bigger amount of btc, they can invest it (in trading for example). Once newbie get enough experience, or realize that faucet earnings is not worth his time, then he stop to use faucets and tries something more serious. But at least for newbies, faucets is a good tool.
P.S. Faucet earnings can be worth your time. You just need little patience and hold faucet earnings in longer period. If Bitcoin price will continue to rise, your Bitcoins will be worth much more Wink

tomos81

Activity: 952
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:27:20 PM

faucets, where you just solving captcha, fighting with lots of popunders is pain in the ass.. you have no fun from that.
But if you find some game with btc earnings (non investment based ones), you can have fun, and as a side-effect you will get some satoshis.
One of these games is in my signature (yes it's my game)..  This is new one, but already paid out 300.000 satoshis (22$), and i have only few players, and game is running few days.  So i agree and disagree with OP, unique faucets that has some story or game, it can be profitable

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:48:37 PM

I see that people does not know my kind of faucet.

It's one of the best rewarding faucet for only few seconds work daily.

But it is not only the best profit for few seconds spent:
It is the way to earn...without popup bombing...
And you have to use your brain.

Generally faucets are programmed to "trap" maximum people.
My faucet is programmed to filter maximum people.
Daily many registrations are cancelled because the registrations rules are not followed.

My kind of faucet is the only one market regulated.
You can say it is a good one or it is a bad one...absolutly zero effect...it's market regulated and you can not go against the market.
You can say it is waste of time or not...no effect...the interest is market regulated.

ConTraX

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:07:33 PM

It's really funny. People are telling faucets are useless since 2015 but they still exist in 2017!!  Wink
And in 2015, the BTC price was around 500 dollars, that time people earned satoshi no matter which ways (I am focusing on faucets Tongue ) they have now 14 times their earnings.Cool

Most important thing, never think of earning lots of money from a site where owner is not even earning much (Unfortunately faucets are currently such type of sites)

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 09:14:22 PM

It's really funny. People are telling faucets are useless since 2015 but they still exist in 2017!!  Wink
And in 2015, the BTC price was around 500 dollars, that time people earned satoshi no matter which ways (I am focusing on faucets Tongue ) they have now 14 times their earnings.Cool

Most important thing, never think of earning lots of money from a site where owner is not even earning much (Unfortunately faucets are currently such type of sites)

I lose with my kind of faucet...but I gain in fun to manage it.

I earn more showing my turtle eggs than with my faucet where I lose...but managing my faucet is for me more interesting than just showing eggs.

Kema

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 09:26:48 PM

It's been said so many times by now. You won't get rich from faucets but its a good way to learn about cryptocurrencies for free. It will not replace a real job but it's better than nothing. And forget about "faucet owners getting rich". Most faucets die fairly quickly because they can't support it on their earnings. Few people are prepared to voluntarily run at a loss for any length of time.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:50:27 PM

So you could sell candies and cigarettes on the streets and convert the profit into BTCs later if it's more profitable for you... People who use faucets don't have anything better to make money from or they are doing this on their free time, not as a full time work. Newbies should try faucet and keep the profit for the future, also they can learn how to deal with Bitcoins and another Crypto-Currencies by using faucets.

Remember, it's not a full time job...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
nkbit

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 11:14:59 PM

I agree with the majority of you guys, dealing with faucets all day is just a waste of time... Sometime I was also a newbie, before I join bitcointalk. Nowdays,  I have a faucet myself.

But wait... Why faucets still exist? Why they have vast traffic? Why more and more faucets are being created?

Because this is my opinion! PERCEPTION is the magic word! Because all people don't think like me (and most of you). Because there are countries all over the world that with 0,5 euro that I earn a day with faucets and this is a joke for me, they LIVE with that income! Because there are people that want to learn about bitcoin without investing anything and have plenty of time all day.

So I think that the conclusion is not to mislead people that they will make a fortune with faucets. I don't support faucets nor I believe I will get rich as a faucet owner. I just broke my arm, get fired and until I am healthy again and find a job, I just tried to make a faucet. That simple. Wink
billysunday2000

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:29:07 PM

Yes Faucets are a big waste of time - I agree. They give you dust.  It will cost more to send the dust than what the dust is worth.  Plus some sites keep the free faucet dust on there website.  You have to work the faucet tons to get enough before you can even send to your wallet.  Big waste of time.
Bitcoin Dragon

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:13:21 AM

99.9% of faucets are garbage including 100% of faucethub.

Freebitcoin and the coinpot ones are not too bad particularly if you are able to do crowdflower tasks and surveys.

I had 4 surveys today and pocketed over 100,000 satoshis from moonbit.
minthit

Activity: 327
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:49:10 AM

Hey don't also forget that faucets also make part of bitcoin transactions, which, i think also contribute to the price of bitcoin. And also if you look back when faucets are profitable, remember the amount of bitcoin you get from claiming is not so different from current claims if you turn them to fiat number. I'm not defending faucet claiming. Yes, it's quite a waste of time especially if you have skills to earn bitcoin from other methods but I just can't accept that it's a total truth. Do you really think people just turn the dusts they get from faucets to fiat immediately? For me, I don't think so. People are not that dumb.Smiley
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:31:57 PM

Faucets is the best way for newbie to start earning and understand about bitcoin, most of the expert start from faucets, and faucets is an easy way to earn for beginner

The earning might not be big, but it can give a lot of lesson and experience for the beginner

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:40:41 PM

Faucets is the best way for newbie to start earning and understand about bitcoin, most of the expert start from faucets, and faucets is an easy way to earn for beginner

The earning might not be big, but it can give a lot of lesson and experience for the beginner

And how long are newbies newbies?
so long they claim faucets?
I believe I will claim so long claiming is possible.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: