Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:49:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinGator Complete BTC to PayPal Business | Includes Everthing!  (Read 2094 times)
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:58:20 PM

Here's what you get:

- the domain COINGATOR.COM
- all HTML and Code
- FTP and MYSQL access to site and code
- paid access to original developer

We had tremendous success operating CoinGator for the limited time it is was in operation. Sales were growing daily and the feedback was excellent. See this feedback thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212375.0

However we determined that the cost to operate legally in the US was going to (at minimum) $250K in regulatory/licensing costs. This made continuing operations cost prohibitive. As you can see from my signature I have moved on to other projects. In the coming hours I will be updating this post with screenshots from the website. So please stay tuned for the updates.

Auction Rules:

1. Auction will run until I think the highest bid is a fair price.
2. Escrow is fine however I request we use John K.
3. Payment/bids must be made in BTC.
4. Minimum bid is 1 BTC.

Please don't anyone derail the thread and let's have a nice fun auction.

Bidding starts....now!
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:59:48 PM

Correction: I'll be adding screenshots in the form of replies. I didn't realize editing the OP in this forum was disallowed.  Smiley
buyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:09:36 PM

There is something else that hat come with the offer, liability.  When buying a company you take on any and all liability.  I recently read a paper presented by the American Bar Association that said something really suprising to me.

If I move into a location where a somekindofcompany was and even if I have no relationship with somekindofcompany and that firm had, let's say, a tax burden.  Well guess who becomes liable for that tax burden?  Unbelievable that it's the new company?  It may seem crazy but it is true. 

As an unlicensed MSB selling or buying bitcoin is illegal.  Sorry, MicroGuy, but taking on this company exposes the buyer to potential criminal liability.

You could not pay me $50,000 to take the company off your hands now that you have apparently broken federal law. 

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 01:17:27 PM

I'm sure there's lots of folks that could use the code/scripts. It would then just be a matter of rebranding under a new name.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 01:39:09 PM

Here's a couple of screenshots. There is also an admin panel for order processing.

http://www.coingator.com/img/screen1.png
http://www.coingator.com/img/screen2.png

Thank you.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 01:46:38 PM

I'm sure there's lots of folks that could use the code/scripts. It would then just be a matter of rebranding under a new name.

I'm also under the impression that the law is likely different for different countries, so while operating the business in the US might be illegal without the proper licensing, operating it elsewhere is probably fine.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:44:29 PM

I'm also under the impression that the law is likely different for different countries, so while operating the business in the US might be illegal without the proper licensing, operating it elsewhere is probably fine.

You could prob run this cheap and legal out of Malta, Badbados, Virgin Island etc. Hell, you could prob pick up a cheap 'gambling license' for any of those territories and run it under.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:13:58 PM

Here's what you get:

- all HTML and Code

We had tremendous success operating CoinGator for the limited time it is was in operation. Sales were growing daily and the feedback was excellent. See this feedback thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212375.0

However we determined that the cost to operate legally in the US was going to (at minimum) $250K in regulatory/licensing costs. This made continuing operations cost prohibitive. As you can see from my signature I have moved on to other projects. In the coming hours I will be updating this post with screenshots from the website. So please stay tuned for the updates.

Auction Rules:

4. Minimum bid is 1 BTC.

Bidding starts....now!

when does the auction end?
Celegrom

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:15:47 PM

1. What does paid access to the original developer mean? Do we pay or have you already paid for a certain amount of time?
2. Who pays for the server hosting and how much is it currently costing you?
3. Can we move it to our own dedicated server?
4. How did you estimate the legal costs for the US?

Celegrom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:20:18 PM

5. Why didn't you try to raise the funds to pay for all of the legal fees?
(Sorry would not let me edit my post)

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:25:40 PM

1. What does paid access to the original developer mean? Do we pay or have you already paid for a certain amount of time?

To answer this for him (at least regarding legal fees) it was estimated at $250k for the US.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:29:27 PM

1. This means if you want mods done, you will have access to the original developer. His rates are very reasonable. No charge for small changes. I will make arrangements for him to provide 1 hour to be included in this sale as an added bonus.

2. The site is currently hosted on an in-house dedicated server. You will need to arrange for your own hosting.

3. Yes. The winning bidder gets full and complete ownership rights to the entire business.

4. That is the deposit required by http://www.meracord.com/ which provide turn-key compliance services.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:32:15 PM

5. Why didn't you try to raise the funds to pay for all of the legal fees?
(Sorry would not let me edit my post)

Because those fees are still not entirely known. Our estimate of $250,000 if a best-case scenario and only includes the deposit. There will be other costs and requirements and a full review of your companies financials by Medicord before application approval. There reason we abandoned the project is because we did not have access to sufficient capital.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:47:06 PM

Here's what you get:

- all HTML and Code

Auction Rules:

4. Minimum bid is 1 BTC.

Bidding starts....now!

when does the auction end?
repeating since i didnt get a response
Celegrom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:56:29 PM

Ill start the bid: 1BTC

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:45:27 PM

The auctions ends when I determine the highest bid is fair. But just as a hint, I won't be letting this auction wrong very long.  Smiley
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:02:09 PM

The auctions ends when I determine the highest bid is fair. But just as a hint, I won't be letting this auction wrong very long.  Smiley

okay well in that case i have no intent to bid
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:03:18 PM

okay well in that case i have no intent to bid

Okay. Thanks for updating me.  Shocked
bitdominion

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:09:26 PM

Is the business tied contractually to Meracord? ...or anyone else for that matter? I would be interested in another vendor.

Is the original developer or anyone else on the team utilizing the code to create something similar?

~Jord
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 11:13:59 PM

Is the business tied contractually to Meracord? ...or anyone else for that matter? I would be interested in another vendor.

Is the original developer or anyone else on the team utilizing the code to create something similar?

~Jord

No, there is no contract with Meracord. And no, the developer will not be sharing the code. This will be yours exclusively.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: