Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:48:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ETF 2018?  (Read 606 times)
Chrismeister

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:17:42 PM

Yes, but if the SEC decides to regulate the whole cryptocurrencies then it all will go to the hell, it is probably going to be listed on the etf's list in a few months from now, but i dont think that it is going to be by the beggininf of 2018, or not even in summer.
We only have to wait until it happen, but it is not going to be soon.. But it would be very nice, i can just imagine a bitcoin who is worth more than 15 thousand dollars, omg, that is crazy.

Actually it's all possible, because I once thought it was insane that someone for Bitcoin would pay $ 5,000, and today even $ 7,000. So, among the lovers of crypto currency, there are a lot of madmen.

I had the same thing you know. I remember buying coins from 600 to 500 to even 220 dollar. Now it's many times more then then. Crazy right.
Now if the ETF succeeds this time, it depend if there is more regulation though, we could see the price grow enormously. To real crazy heights.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:03:41 AM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-07/bitcoin-etfs-are-likely-to-follow-futures-cboe-president-says

The guy interviewed in that video in the link is apparently an ETF expert, whatever that means. But he says he thinks Bitcoin ETF's should follow about 6 months after the futures market starts up, so by summer 2018. Said he thinks an ETF could get $10 billion after the first couple months. So we're talking about ETFs coming in and taking maybe half a million bitcoin off the table. That'd be HUGE!

That is correct. The argument given by the SEC so far is that they cannot allow an ETF on an unregulated underlying. That argument will fly out of the window if you have Bitcoin futures which are regulated. You can then have an ETF based on Bitcoin futures.

That's quite an interesting thought actually.

Nonetheless it would be kind of funny if a Bitcoin ETF still gets denied after a Bitcoin futures ETF has been approved. But I guess even the SEC would see the stupidity in that.
I think that bitcoin futures will definitely give bitcoin more legitimacy in the Wall Street/financial world, but I doubt that the futures will be enough for the SEC to approve an ETF if they're concerned about regulation.  Since futures are just a derivative, they don't add any regulation to bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: