Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:33:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoin rig  (Read 571 times)
ayayay (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:02:27 PM

I'm thinking of buying a litecoin rig but not sure how long this will be profitable- any development on an asic type litecoin miner or something like it?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain-based credit card payments for legal marijuana. ▬▬
...GREENMED.IO... ❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  slack  ❱❱❱ ......PRE-ICO | September4th, 2017
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tanderso418

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:11:47 PM

Hello ayayay

Before purchasing a rig you should look at these two links.

Use this link for determining hashing power of the rig.
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison

A this one to determine profitability based on hashing power.
http://www.litecoinminingcalculator.com/

To my knowledge there is no current Litecoin asic development only a few forum posts of people claiming to have working LTC asics which I'm fairly confident are fake.

One thing you may want to note is that MT-Gox has stated that they will be adding LTC on their trading platform within the next few months.
sunniestsolomin

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:36:06 PM

Yeah, no one has a LTC ASIC.
chirale

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 11:26:46 PM

Hello!
I have also recently started mining LTC with GPU in light of the increasing difficulty in mining BTC!
Once you get the rig running have a look at some litecoin pools, I am currently using www.wemineltc.com. I am quite happy with them, but there are plenty around and check which one will suits you most!

good luck!

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 11:29:57 PM

if you need help with deciding what parts you need or any other help pm me  Smiley   ( don't always have time to look threw all replies to posts)

if your wondering why you  should listen to what I have to say I have 21 rigs with a total of 83 7950 gpus  Grin

truelitecoin

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:32:47 AM

There are no functional Scrypt ASICS that I'm currently aware of. There are some groups working on Scrypt FPGA mining hardware. You can find more info about this and more on reddit at /r/truelitecoin
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:45:25 AM

Even if a group came up with a Scrypt hashing ASIC device there is not much chance they would be able to mass-market them without giving you a chance to re-evaluate your hardware investments.

In any case you can always re-sell the GPU's for almost their purchase cost on eBay because primarily they are made for gamers (obviously). In my experience you can sell most of the 5xxx 6xxx and 7xxx cards for only a small loss from the RRP you paid, or if you got them second hand on eBay and it was a good deal you should be able to sell the card for just as much.

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
dnyce

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:46:27 AM

Once you're up and running I would make use of any p2p pool. I got burned by a few of the standard pools, and since then I've stuck with what works. P2Pool.org has been good to me.

Also, GPUs are still great for Litecoin mining. No mention of Asics yet as no one has deemed it profitable enough to turn their focus away from BTC.
eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 10:24:24 AM

Even if ASICS ever come out it will take at least another year or two. Litecoin for now will only be reasonably profitable if you mine and hoard teh coins until the value increases several folds. Difficulty has more than tripled in the space of 3 month now for LTC.

Alternatively, check out eMunie - this new crypto currency is still under beta testing, but when launched it will not need GPUs to earn money.

Cryptomaker

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:36:21 PM

ASICS will be ages.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: