Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Unitus could be the next Vertcoin  (Read 334 times)
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:30:28 PM

In the land of Cryptocurrency, there are tons of coins and projects, many completely undervalued, Unitus is one of them. Before we talk about Unitus and the fact it’s radically undervalued, let’s look at Vertcoin and why it rose from .02 cents on Jan 10th 2017, to the $3.65 mark we see today.

One of the main things that attracted me to Vertcoin back in 2014 was it’s dedication to miners and it’s Proof of Work system. To mine Vertcoin, you really just need a decent graphics card, an internet connection and somewhat basic computer for the most part. Vertcoin has a lot of interesting features, but their main one was having fair distribution without a premine, ICO or airdrop and giving their blockchain 100% to the miners for POW. Also they’re ASIC resistant for the most part which gives 1 lad with a graphics card a better chance to mine some VTC then an ASIC warehouse somewhere in the depths of the Amazon mining all the coins.
Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not comparing Vertcoin to Unitus, Vertcoin undoubtedly has a lot more money, features, devs and big community behind it, but when I look at Unitus, I see the early days of Vertcoin, and I’ll explain.

Unitus also has Fair Distribution, no pre-mine, no dev tax, and gives miners the ability to mine 100% POW to their blockchain. Unitus is not a “new” coin, it’s been around since 2015 and has for the most part kept itself under the radar, which is actually good sometimes. The biggest thing I’ve seen in Unitus is overall growth, having been a lurker for years now, they have an active dev team and community behind the project, plus Unitus has some interesting features that most other PoW projects do not.

Unitus is a Multi-Algo blockchain project which means as a miner, you can choose 5 different Algorithms to mine with and for the advanced miners, this allows them to use X11, Skein, Lyra2v2, Yescrypt, and Argon2d. Basically whatever works the best for their graphics card and CPU. This gives the miners an extra boost of hash, which means more coins at the end of the day. Algorithms are very picky and run differently on each computer/gpu/cpu, so having options like this is very helpful. To be honest 99% of all coins and blockchain projects don’t have this.

An example of this is Nvidia vs AMD vs CPU. Argon2d is a new CPU Algo, while I prefer Skein on my Nvidia GPU another miner could prefer X11 on their AMD GPU. Basically having options like this shows that the dev team cares, and POW coins have proven to be the most profitable long term holds compared to POS and Tokens, so utilizing these options is a huge benefit for the miners.
Another feature that’s interesting is their Merge Mining.

A quote from the dev team says this: What is merge mining?

Merge mining is what sets Unitus apart from many other cryptocurrencies. It allows us to essentially get free hashrate to secure the network, with no additional workload for miners. The miner does nothing extra. He just works away looking for those good hashes. The brains of the operation is in the pool, but the result is the same work for the miner with higher rewards, coins coming from both wallets, and network security for Unitus at no extra cost.

Coins that you can currently merge mine with Unitus:

Adzcoin (ADZ)
ArcticCoin (ARC)
Artex (ATX)
AuroraCoin (AUR)
Beach (SAND)
Beonpush (BOPS)
Bitcoin Planet (BTPL)
Bolivar (BOLI)
Bows (BSC)
CannabisCoin (CANN)
Centurion (CNT)
Coexist (COXST)
Coino (CNO)
CopyPasta (CTRLV)
Dash (DASH)
Digibyte (DGB)
Eryllium (ERY)
Fal (FAL)
GlobalBoost-Y (BSTY)
Granite (GRN)
Happy (HPC)
Influxcoin (INFX)
Join (J-x-11)
Kash (KASH)
Kurrent (KURT)
Linked (LXC)
Marijuana (MAR)
Marx (MARX)
Mavrodi (MMM)
Mind (MND)
Monetary Unit (MUE)
Myriad (XMY)
Ofw (OFW)
OGN (OGN)
Ozzie (OZC)
PIZZA (PIZZA)
Prime-XI (PXI)
Seven (SEV)
StartCoin (START)
Vault (VLTC)
Verge (XVG)
VertCoin (VTC)
VirtaPlus (XVP)

So.. Right now Unitus is trading for around 0.01 cents as of Nov 7, 2017. The total circulating supply of Unitus is 46,785,866 UIS. 46.7 Million UIS is not a lot considering many other blockchain projects have circulating supplies in the hundreds of millions to billions. What makes Bitcoin rare and valuable is it’s limited total supply of 21 million coins with it’s validating Proof of Work system. So when I look at Unitus being valued at 1 cent, it almost blows my mind. Unitus is under the radar for such an exceptional POW project, and to be completely honest, it won’t be for long.

Full Article at Medium: https://medium.com/@cryptkeeperofficial/why-unitus-could-be-the-next-vertcoin-8327867b23f1

**Disclaimer** I was not paid for this article and wrote it because it’s a project I’ve been watching for a while now, and I believe it has tremendous potential in my undead personal opinion. I’m also not a financial advisor, so do your own bloody homework when it comes to investing and don’t be an idiot.

If you found this article helpful at all, please feel free to donate via Bitcoin or Unitus:

BTC: 1NpkSsjqpFtMRDjz6XRgpxHi8BFfTy9auR
Unitus: UYWo2hu7qAwTQ1qSqYM1A1bGdPQ9XYtrbz

Official Unitus Links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/UnitusCoin
Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1121974.0
Coinmarketcap: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/unitus/

BTC: 1PP5r4YnGNXo4TFpCX4TKgSjrh9qRmWocn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:57:20 PM

Vertcoin was $10  for a short time in 2014. It is very easy to always pick the lowest point as a reference point, but or some people. It meant holding several years. Same did happen to Litecoin (ATh at 49$ in 2013). Vertcoin is still a baby when it comes to market acceptance. Calling Unitus the next VTC is a bit premature.  I do hope VTC will grow to the next no 1 mining coin. Like ETH is right now.
cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:14:43 PM

Vertcoin was $10  for a short time in 2014. It is very easy to always pick the lowest point as a reference point, but or some people. It meant holding several years. Same did happen to Litecoin (ATh at 49$ in 2013). Vertcoin is still a baby when it comes to market acceptance. Calling Unitus the next VTC is a bit premature.  I do hope VTC will grow to the next no 1 mining coin. Like ETH is right now.

Vertcoin was $10 on Feb 5th 2014 for barely 1 day. Look what I'm trying to reference is that Unitus is a highly undervalued POW project, just as Vertcoin was and still is. As major manufacturers like AMD, Nividia bring out better GPU's, and mining specific GPUS, mining will only increase especially as the popularity of Bitcoin continues to progress mainstream.

As a miner myself, I've mined every alt under the sun, even the ones infested with viruses that last for a week then disappear, (yes I have many comps and honey badger doesn't give a fuck) but what I'm trying to say is what I see in Unitus is continued growth, and from a development perspective as well as community perspective. Unitus is a brilliant POW project and it's a bloody cent as of today. So, not trying to create FOMO here, just think it's worth pointing out a good project when I see one.

cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:43:43 PM

And for the record, VTC will continue to grow, if it's following in LTC's footsteps, we should see it hit $10-$15 next year if not higher.

cryptkeeper1979 (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:52:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcTQ35V9aQQ

LamboMoonYacht

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:07:20 PM

Couldn't you say the same things about Myriad? Myriad also has the advantage of being on one of the biggest exchanges already (Bittrex), whereas Unitus is only on Cryptopia.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: