Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:12:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is exchange?  (Read 2936 times)
Matt_theodore

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:22:27 AM

Best to avoid leaving anything on exchanges long term. If you want to buy and hold, it's best to keep it in a wallet. Obviously if you trade frequently, it going to be most efficient to leave in on an exchange ready to buy/sell when the market is right.  
_Dawid_

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:29:06 AM

It mainly depends on xchange how safe really is, but you can easy check it out. For sure the exchanges are not the banks, so your money are much more not protected. You should check if it is truth but i heard that few exchanges just stolen their user's money. So as I say people with huge amount of money should veryfied exchanges, don't dolh there a lot of money etc.
John Wick

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:38:25 AM

Best to avoid leaving anything on exchanges long term. If you want to buy and hold, it's best to keep it in a wallet. Obviously if you trade frequently, it going to be most efficient to leave in on an exchange ready to buy/sell when the market is right.  

We sometimes need money and we can't simply wait forever. That's why we need exchanges. It's not only for professional traders. Once we get on the platforms, we try to make the best decission, to sell or to buy, or maybe, to hold it for longer term.
WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:39:16 AM

It looks like sooner or later most of the exchanges either get hacked or the owner runs away with the coins. I would not call that safe.
daniel08

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:54:43 AM

I usually transfer my coins in exchanges when i am about to sell them , i do not stored them in exchanges because it can be hacked at any time . But in my own wallet cannot because i have my private key in me.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:17:03 AM

According  my experience never trust any exchanger because we can't guarante they will be still existence. If you have a lot money just save them on desktop wallet. The famous  exchanger on the past BTC-E can be scammed too. So beware guys.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:23:56 AM

exchange can be used only for trading only because the security is more important. it would be nice if you keep the coins in the wallet offline to avoid hackers and crime.

udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 02:39:16 AM

Hi,

Every exchange adding a new btc, eth, token address on the exchange website.
I think they need some private key to set the transaction on this websites.

So is this private key stored in a normal database?
And is this safe?

Myethwallet is the safe wallet because private key with us. In centralized exchnages like polo and bitrex have private key with database. If a hacker hack then thiernwill be a problem..

You keep your coins in exchnages thats no issue but dont keep long time . Send to a safe wallet. Coinbase

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:56:25 AM

Depends on what you mean by Safe.  Centralized exchanges don't offer Private keys to their  users.
The features you described are unique only to decentralized exchanges such as BitShares and Etherdelta.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:13:25 AM

Hi,

And is this safe?

of course they have some private key for each coins and i think they are stored in another database that will not the same with the normal database. they will make sure that the private key is safe from the attacker and they will protection to that key. i don't think that the exchanges will let the attacker can stolen the private keys because they want to make sure their business can run for a long time. and if we don't have to store any coins with them, we can move our coins into other wallet so it will be more secure and only we that know the coins.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:33:37 AM

don't keep a lot of coins in exchanges
Yes your right. Because not all the time time the exchanges is good. Sometimes they are hack. So just. Careful always.
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:56:01 AM

Nothing is safe on the exchage.Hackers usually wont try to attack wallets as they know that that is impossible.They only attack exchanges to rob some.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:10:30 AM

some exchanges put your wallet in a cold storage. if you want to keep your money on an exchange for better protection you should use 2-factor authenticator and IP whitelist in an exchange and use a strong password.
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:13:45 AM

Nothing is safe on the exchage.Hackers usually wont try to attack wallets as they know that that is impossible.They only attack exchanges to rob some.
Hacking wallet is not entirely impossible, you simply trying to fish some credentials data from the user you target, and you will have the access to their wallet just if it's not desktop wallet or offline wallet.
But I must agree, exchanges often get hacked by hacker, they find it easier to hack an exchange than wallets.
Babyjamz3026

Activity: 361

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:45:14 AM

Hi,

And is this safe?

I think its not safe anyway to keep your coins in exchange for a long period of time. You can keep it there but not for long instead for awhile only mate so that you won't regret if ever there's an instances you didn't expect to be happen.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:56:43 AM

As far as I know of, exchange transfer coins between cold and hot storage. But you shouldn’t rely on an exchange to store your coins, it should be for trading purpose only. You do not control the private keys of the wallet and you never know when the exchange will be hacked.
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:57:35 AM

Usually, the exchanges will use two-factor authentication and this is very safe. The private key is also quite secure because it's a randomly generated sequence and only you know.

magiccarpett

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:11:31 AM

Hi,

And is this safe?

exchanges were hacked a lot of time. just set up 2FA authentication. if u not going to trade then transfer coins to a safer wallet.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:15:08 AM

There are a few kinds of exchanges. One is the centralise exchange. Even reputatable centralise exchange is also risky. It can face attack or law issue.
windsee

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:39:02 AM

Always keep your coins in your own wallet. Ideally, you should also keep your private key in offline storage. e.g. multiple USBs
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: