Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it profitable to start a FAUCETHUB Bitcoin faucet?  (Read 588 times)
yasmikash (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:49:33 PM

I have approximately 0.14 BTC in my wallet and I'm hoping to start a FaucetHUB Bitcoin faucet.
I want to know that is it profitable if I create a Bitcoin faucet?
I'm not expecting a high profit, but can I able to get enough profit excluding the total payment amount in a mount?
There are many experienced faucet owner in this forum, I want to know their experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coin_curious

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:25:18 AM

if you find a way do let me know.

280k alexa rank after 3 months running faucet. up to 20k claims a day. and just 2 days of bots and a whole month of profit + more is gone.

while the profit was maybe 100-200 satoshi in the first place you need to pay for hosting.

pay less and people dont return. pay more you need to earn more with shortners and those do not always pay.

◄ freebcc.org ►
Coins4Days

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:46:30 AM

I have approximately 0.14 BTC in my wallet and I'm hoping to start a FaucetHUB Bitcoin faucet.
I want to know that is it profitable if I create a Bitcoin faucet?
I'm not expecting a high profit, but can I able to get enough profit excluding the total payment amount in a mount?
There are many experienced faucet owner in this forum, I want to know their experience.

Running a faucet is fun. Competing to gain loyal users who keep coming back to your faucet is fun. It's more than just plastering a site with ads and hoping you make more than you give out. Find relevant ads that pay per click, for example, and if those ads shown are ads your faucet users want to see, they will click them, and you will get paid. A lot of ad networks pay garbage CPM for faucets, especially when you first start out. Alexa rank means everything. If you use a faucet script that is widely used by other people, that will immediately put a cap on your earnings. You want to be different and unique. Let the faucet be the main gateway to user entry of your website. How can you keep them on there? The longer they stay on your website, the more you will make. The more pages they scroll through, the more banners they see, and the chances of them clicking a banner are higher. There is definitely an art to the whole thing. I love it, personally.

if you find a way do let me know.

280k alexa rank after 3 months running faucet. up to 20k claims a day. and just 2 days of bots and a whole month of profit + more is gone.

while the profit was maybe 100-200 satoshi in the first place you need to pay for hosting.

pay less and people dont return. pay more you need to earn more with shortners and those do not always pay.

What anti-bot measures do you have in place? That's terrible! Your alexa ranking is very nice, by the way.  And yes, this goes for you too OP, be prepared to have money tied up. The money you earn doesn't automatically appear in your wallet. You need to meet all of the minimum payment thresholds.

Bitcoin Dragon

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:40:05 AM

No your better to do an altcoin with low transaction fees eg. BLK and make the actual rewards competitive/better in equivalent BTC terms and do something somewhat unqiue.
Then screw faucethub, go alone. You'll do better that way.
Kema

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:34:58 AM

It's doable, but if I knew exactly how I'd be doing it myself. Lol
You usually end up in a catch 22. To attract traffic you raise reward, how are you going to pay for the rewards? Ads only generate money if you have lots of traffic, and you won't in the beginning. It ends up being a crap shoot, you might make it or you might end up on your face.
If you play it safe, risks are lower but you have a hard time getting lift-off since rewards aren't high enough to make people take notice. Even harder to make any money from ads...
It is possible to do it but you need to find the right formula. If you figure it out, please let me know.  Grin

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
alamin99

Activity: 1078
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:47:02 AM

Start trading with your 0.14 BTC, make 1 BTC within few months. Wink
nkbit

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:11:03 AM

Running a faucet is fun. Competing to gain loyal users who keep coming back to your faucet is fun. It's more than just plastering a site with ads and hoping you make more than you give out. Find relevant ads that pay per click, for example, and if those ads shown are ads your faucet users want to see, they will click them, and you will get paid. A lot of ad networks pay garbage CPM for faucets, especially when you first start out. Alexa rank means everything. If you use a faucet script that is widely used by other people, that will immediately put a cap on your earnings. You want to be different and unique. Let the faucet be the main gateway to user entry of your website. How can you keep them on there? The longer they stay on your website, the more you will make. The more pages they scroll through, the more banners they see, and the chances of them clicking a banner are higher. There is definitely an art to the whole thing. I love it, personally.

I like your way of thinking, that way I started a bitcoin faucet too! But to tell the truth it is difficult to have a profit nowdays. The price of bitcoin has increased to much and you have to calculate hosting costs and loses from ad networks that don't pay. But still it is a nice game to play with strategies that will give you profit. Practically I think that if you are persistent and have web developing knowledge, you can gain. Smiley
tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:17:01 AM

answer is simple:  no
if you paying only few satoshis/claim, nobody will claim = no profit
if you paying high rewards, you will bankrupt soon
only thing to get in few cents profit is to add shorteners, mining stuff (coinhive) , and popunders to the page, that users hates (all of these)
maybe if you create something unique (like my web in my signature) , you can be at zero included hosting provider costs, i am doing that for fun. Giving out 100% of BTC ad netwroks income, and saving $$$ income for hosting.

The trick to have success is : invest some cash, advertise your page  , if you are able to get 1000+ active users, you can think (dream) about some little profit + acceptance of better ad networks
Kema

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:27:10 AM

Is 1000+ users a good measure of success? I'm honestly curious since I have little to no clue about how much traffic or how many users faucets usually have?

tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:37:30 AM

Is 1000+ users a good measure of success? I'm honestly curious since I have little to no clue about how much traffic or how many users faucets usually have?

more users = more unique ad views = higher income.. still better than 3-4 users non stop claiming (and most of ad networks pays for unique views) .  Also popunderswith 1000+ popups / 30 mins can give you great funds for your faucet.
You can check number of users in faucethub - top faucets, there is column for that..
nkbit

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:53:44 AM

The main purpose is to achieve a profitable impression... in every impression the satoshis you gain from ads to be bigger than claim. Then you don't care about how many visitors they come, of course the more they come the bigger is profit. Then you want loyal members. But to have profitable impression, you have to be in good ad networks and that depends on your Alexa rank (mostly as I have seen) and then the script you use to be unique, customised. So in the beginning, it depends how much you can afford to lose, until you come to that position... Wink
Coins4Days

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:47:28 PM

Kind of. If you have over 1,000 daily claimers, it means your faucet has gained some reputation and you have loyal claimers who think it's worth revisiting your faucet. However, in the end, that does not matter if you are not making more than you are giving away. If you want to give away the same amount that reputable faucets do in order to gain some claimers, you will lose money in the beginning. Ad networks will not accept new websites. As your faucet ages and your Alexa rank increases, you will gain access to better networks and better advertising rates. If you can support your faucet until you get to that stage, your chances of survival are a lot higher.

I like your way of thinking, that way I started a bitcoin faucet too! But to tell the truth it is difficult to have a profit nowdays. The price of bitcoin has increased to much and you have to calculate hosting costs and loses from ad networks that don't pay. But still it is a nice game to play with strategies that will give you profit. Practically I think that if you are persistent and have web developing knowledge, you can gain. Smiley

I agree that it is difficult to profit nowadays. Back in 2015, I had a faucet that would give away 100-400 satoshi an hour. With today's bitcoin price, I would go bankrupt extremely quickly. The faucet I run now with a friend of mine, we have 200-250 claims a day. That is 8,000 - 10,000 satoshi a day given out on our faucet. At this rate, for every 1,000 impressions, we need to earn $3-$4 in revenue in order to profit. We are not there yet though because this faucet is new and is not on any good ad networks. If you can monetize your faucet with more than just advertising, you have a significant chance of surviving in the end. Dice games, lotteries, PTC walls, stuff like that. This is where having lots of users would be an advantage because they are engaging more with your site.

mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:49:37 PM

The answers might vary, but I'd go with yes.
Just do it differently than anyone does it, market it ("have capital") and don't expect any ROI for 2-4 months.
Play with rewards/formulas, see what's the minimum amount you can give, but still get your users back every day. Then simply keep increasing rewards, so your users promote your faucets to earn referral commission.
It's pretty simple actually, but most of people complicate it because they tried it and didn't do it right.

If you don't have coding skills, lay back, find a coin that you believe it'll go up in the future then buy and hold.
Don't trade, you'll lose your shirt. Don't invest in ponzi/pyramid schemes, you'll lose your pants.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:20:31 PM

if oyu are not good in coding stop dreaming about profit with a normal faucet script witch every second faucet is using .
learn webdevelopment or invest in a coder otherwas you wont have sucess!

regards
speedup-faucet.com

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 10:05:06 PM

It is possible to profit from running a faucet with a little patient.
In my case I start off my website with faucet listing/rotator for about 2 months.
During the 2 months I've gain some alexa ranking and got my site approved by some ad networks (e.g. coinzilla, cointraffic).
Only then I start to run my first bitcoin faucet and has now expanded to 3 faucets (bitcoin, dogecoin and litecoin).

With the above method, you won't make a big lost from the beginning of time just need to get some penny from small advertisement and referral earnings to cover the web hosting cost.

But as mexicantarget and felicita have mentioned, without coding skills it is quite unlikely that you can get profit just by running a normal faucet.

http://speedup-faucet.com/faucet - Bitcoin Faucet    ====  http://speedup-faucet.com/doge - Dogecoin Faucet
http://speedup-faucet.com/lite       - Litecoin Faucet  ====  http://speedup-faucet.com/lite    - Ethereum Faucet
sumair7230

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 07:58:01 PM

The best faucet wins try to be unique

check out my faucets

deadsats,com
deadsats.com/blk
deadsats.com/btx

http://Coinsteacher.com a simple blog for simple readers .
Kema

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 11:19:04 PM

People talk about unique, unique how?
I’ll start testing a completely new faucet script in a couple of days, but to the casual observer it won’t look much different at all.
Faster, stronger and better, but how unique can you make a faucet looks wise really? The most noticeable difference will probably be the campaign I’ll be running, lol. (Considering paying double bonus rewards or something, for a limited time while I’m trying out the new script...)
Personally I like simplicity and try to make it very straight forward to claim from my faucets.

Coins4Days

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 01:12:32 AM

People talk about unique, unique how?
I’ll start testing a completely new faucet script in a couple of days, but to the casual observer it won’t look much different at all.
Faster, stronger and better, but how unique can you make a faucet looks wise really? The most noticeable difference will probably be the campaign I’ll be running, lol. (Considering paying double bonus rewards or something, for a limited time while I’m trying out the new script...)
Personally I like simplicity and try to make it very straight forward to claim from my faucets.
Having a unique website opens more doors in the advertising world. If you use a script that 496 other people use, your chances of being accepted into higher-paying ad networks are significantly lower than if you use a script 4 other people use. If you have a unique looking site, you have the potential to profit more per impression compared to an "off the shelf" type faucet. If you are running a huge faucet with lots of traffic, you won't last long if you have low CPM/CPC/CPA paying ads.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: