Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a joke? Parity Tech full list of affected adresses which are frozen.  (Read 719 times)
dennyd999 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:53:50 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 12:15:52 AM by dennyd999

Ok , guys.

Polkadot ICO wallet was screwed up and aprox. $150M is probably frozen forever.  Exactly 485.331 ETH + there are plenty other adresses which are affected

FROZEN ADRESSES LIST

https://gist.github.com/banteg/f61d256d12158b8c344d7889266f43b5

It is unbelivable Gavin Wood and company loosed all founds ($150M) just in 2 week.  

This is not the first time. I was never involved before, but now my money is in that frozen/unoperable wallet of Polkadot ICO.
I am affected too, by serious errors of Parity Tech. I belive Parity will find some solution, but it seriously harm reptation of Parity. Even they not directly involved in Polkadot Network development.

Gavin motherfucker Wood you screwed yourself now bro. Is it instant Karma for not so recent multisig wallet , when $35M was hacked? Man, man,man...

I hope REFUND for participants will be granted soon.

Angry

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cicada1033

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:59:46 AM

Dude, seriously this is bad. I see iconomi is affected too. It would be a wonder if polkadot and iconomi wouldn't bleed alot in the comming days.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:16:04 AM

A newbie fucked you all up for good didn't he? Vita the fucking lik was talking about how unsecure Bitcoin addresses are etc, now what he has to say

About his buddy screwing $150 million dollars? how could you kill a library with a command in a smart contract? I'm going to kill every scam and shit

Ico contracts with that kill() command now.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:39:47 AM

I wonder if they can be held liable for this mess.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
Delicat

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:43:18 AM

not sure how it plays out, but if polkadot can run without the 150m, then why would they need to raise so much fund in the first place? or this is a norm in crypto right now that the ICO need to be big to success (for collect money).
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:44:32 AM

Ok , guys.

Polkadot ICO wallet was screwed up and aprox. $150M is probably frozen forever.  Exactly 485.331 ETH + there are plenty other adresses which are affected

FROZEN ADRESSES LIST

It is unbelivable Gavin Wood and company loosed all founds ($150M) just in 2 week.  

This is not the first time. I was never involved before, but now my money is in that frozen/unoperable wallet of Polkadot ICO.
I am affected too, by serious errors of Parity Tech. I belive Parity will find some solution, but it seriously harm reptation of Parity. Even they not directly involved in Polkadot Network development.

Gavin motherfucker Wood you screwed yourself now bro. Is it instant Karma for not so recent multisig wallet , when $35M was hacked? Man, man,man...

Angry

This why i was using the hardware wallet rather than put my amount into the trash wallet just like parity, Those are frozen the funds just like a scammer. But what do you mean about your money already frozen in the polkadot address? Did you participate in the crowdsale? If you are and you must get your coin and the only loser was the polkadot developer itself.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:47:38 AM

Thanks to devops199 for that kill command. Seeing the total ETH of polkadot has
Code:
306276.272251399926202 ETH 
that's really a pain in the ass. I read that the only way solution is now a hard fork.

Dude, seriously this is bad. I see iconomi is affected too. It would be a wonder if polkadot and iconomi wouldn't bleed alot in the comming days.

This is a serious thing, I was planning to use coinomi the other day and then this happens. I feel too bad for this situation a newbie that has done everything to collapse at this moment. LOL!

Devops199 is now scared of any liable that people can file against him.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:48:45 AM

This is huge, Gav has no way to clean this mess, he is done, both parity and polka. Do they have any QA or bug bounty at all? There is no way to 'fix' this unfortunately, and I hope Vitalik wont fork anything, he has ETH reputation to run...

imtav

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:52:20 AM

Ok , guys.

FROZEN ADRESSES LIST

Angry

This why i was using the hardware wallet rather than put my amount into the trash wallet just like parity, Those are frozen the funds just like a scammer. But what do you mean about your money already frozen in the polkadot address? Did you participate in the crowdsale? If you are and you must get your coin and the only loser was the polkadot developer itself.

But the point still exists, if this ICO is still able to follow through, even with all the funds lost... Makes you wonder why they'd need to raise so much capital in the first place.
imtav

Activity: 79

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:54:46 AM

Code:
that's really a pain in the ass. I read that the only way solution is now a hard fork.

This is a serious thing, I was planning to use coinomi the other day and then this happens. I feel too bad for this situation a newbie that has done everything to collapse at this moment. LOL!

I don't think Devops199 can or should be held liable.  Parity should be, if anyone.  Like he said in an interview, if a bank has a big red button that says 'lock vault forever' someone will come along and push it one day.  I blame the bank for having that button, whether intentional or not.  Parity should have done a better job protecting funds.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:57:58 AM

Code:

I don't think Devops199 can or should be held liable.  Parity should be, if anyone.  Like he said in an interview, if a bank has a big red button that says 'lock vault forever' someone will come along and push it one day.  I blame the bank for having that button, whether intentional or not.  Parity should have done a better job protecting funds.

He's too afraid now even a single chat for interview he don't want to show up anymore. I know it's painful for him to have this mess that affected a lot of people and as well as big companies. But you are right, the problem is why that button isn't even there. There should be some administrator power coming from any of them just to access that button. He's a crazy man now many are blaming him for this mess, everyone's going to feel depression on this.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:30:36 AM

What would be different if they fork Eth? anyone who dumped their coins will regret and cry, old chain will remain with 306K less Eth but the new chain

Will not. I doubt if the hash power splits Eth for a human error and a major flaw in the code.
hgmarral

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:55:47 AM

It is a very significant amount of money locked up, will be very interesting to see what is decided upon as a course of action - reputation is very much at stake. This won't be the last major hack either, however what is interesting to compare is the amount of money stolen this year from phishing http://fortune.com/2017/08/28/ethereum-cryptocurrency-stolen-bitcoin/
hanlieuiypm9832

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:09:55 AM

This is huge, Gav has no way to clean this mess, he is done, both parity and polka. Do they have any QA or bug bounty at all? There is no way to 'fix' this unfortunately, and I hope Vitalik wont fork anything, he has ETH reputation to run...
That is terrible, I am not a technical guy and I just want to know, what is the reason that caused this problem? I can understand since the wallet key should be kept in the user and does that means the key is lost?

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████