Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripped off by a pool?  (Read 6453 times)
gene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 08:26:01 AM

If you have not been paid by a pool server, post here. As of now, I have not seen any money from slush's pool for work which began on 17 Dec.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jib

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 09:46:15 AM

You've complained about this in the other thread persistently. slush has responded, and described that he's implementing a new accounting system and having to process old payments manually. Multiple other people have said they've been paid, and he's showed evidence of many other payments.

I don't think it was necessary for you to create a new thread just to repeat the same accusations. I suggest you drop this issue for a couple more days and give him a chance to fix his system.
mestar

Activity: 407

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 10:17:16 AM

I, too, have not seen any money from him. Contributed from 17th as well.

There is something fishy going on there, he posts lists of people that contributed, that list adds to 50, which is obviously wrong since there are some people that contributed and are not on those lists.

Also, did he manage to get to 2.4 khashes (now 4) with only 5 people, as shown in one payment list?

jib

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 10:18:10 AM

he posts lists of people that contributed, that list adds to 50, which is obviously wrong since there are some people that contributed and are not on those lists.

Or maybe those lists are for different blocks to the ones that the people complaining contributed to?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 10:23:17 AM

It's really insane to think he would go to all this work building a site and a reputation to throw it away for <1000BTC. It's so obvious that it isn't malicious, just give him time.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
mestar

Activity: 407

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 10:31:58 AM

Or maybe those lists are for different blocks to the ones that the people complaining contributed to?

Maybe.  However, I worked since the pool had 5 lists solved, and he already posted 7 of those lists, and I'm not on any one of those.  ( I counted them by hand in the long thread, careful to not include quoted duplicates). This can't be explained by the new accounting old accounting.

Enky1974

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 10:33:36 AM

It's really insane to think he would go to all this work building a site and a reputation to throw it away for <1000BTC. It's so obvious that it isn't malicious, just give him time.
Yep, absolutely, but you know, by the law or large numbers there's always someone who never stops complaining:)

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 10:52:35 AM

This can't be explained by the new accounting old accounting.

Actually it can. slush has said that new blocks are being paid now (in the new system) but there are some older blocks (in the old system) which are still waiting.
gene (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 11:46:06 AM

This can't be explained by the new accounting old accounting.

Actually it can. slush has said that new blocks are being paid now (in the new system) but there are some older blocks (in the old system) which are still waiting.

Slush has offered several excuses, some more incoherent than others. Specifically, the argument that blocks take time to mature (and contrary to what many posters seem to think, most of the "complainers" understand this well) is becoming stale as more and more of the blocks, as listed on his own site, are maturing. With each passing day, it is becoming painfully clear that he is either incompetent or dishonest -- perhaps some degree of both.

Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 11:52:48 AM

Ok, just to make the situation clear, please post the amounts outstanding and which blocks they were generated in (if you know). So we can actually try to solve the mistery. If Slush would please confirm the amounts and blocks?

Then we can start figuring out which blocks already matured (and are therefore eligible for payout) and which will have to mature first.

I'm guessing this is not the case, but sub cent amounts will not be payed out, since it'll be seen as a DOS attempt by the network and thus swallowed whole as transaction fees.

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
gene (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 12:12:19 PM

Ok, just to make the situation clear, please post the amounts outstanding and which blocks they were generated in (if you know). So we can actually try to solve the mistery. If Slush would please confirm the amounts and blocks?

Then we can start figuring out which blocks already matured (and are therefore eligible for payout) and which will have to mature first.

I'm guessing this is not the case, but sub cent amounts will not be payed out, since it'll be seen as a DOS attempt by the network and thus swallowed whole as transaction fees.

My balance is a few orders of magnitude greater than the threshold and has been since 18 Dec. I have no way of knowing to which blocks my work corresponds, but according to the information on slush's website, blocks 98425 (solved 2010-12-19 18:21:26) and earlier have all matured as of now. My work went to solving several of those blocks. That should suffice to show that something is seriously wrong.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 12:24:24 PM

Gene will be payed out in next round.

Cdecker, I agree there was some misconception in payment before. I din't say system worked perfectly. I believe they care about their 0.6 bitcoins. But I 10x said "ok, I know about it, I'm working to make it better". I already made it better and explained why I cannot send money from old blocks instantly. So I don't know what to say more.

Guys, I completely reworked system to be more fair. Again, it was pure technical issue, that I did not expect more than block for a day or two.

No, I cannot send this, because old system did not register relation user-block-reward, only user-reward. When block was found, reward was rised and shares deleted. So I cannot tell for those old blocks, who should be paid for which block. Sorry. New system is better, I store all information for later stats.

All remaining payments (reward>=threshold) will be processed when next block become mature. There is much more in rewards on site, but few users trust me and their's send threshold is very high, so I don't need to pay off them yet.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 12:33:02 PM

Some people will owe you a nice apology when they get paid...

Enky1974

Activity: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 12:33:44 PM

No, I cannot send this, because old system did not register relation user-block-reward, only user-reward. When block was found, reward was rised and shares deleted. So I cannot tell for those old blocks, who should be paid for which block. Sorry. New system is better, I store all information for later stats.

All remaining payments (reward>=threshold) will be processed when next block become mature. There is much more in rewards on site, but few users trust me and their's send threshold is very high, so I don't need to pay off them yet.
Thanks for the explanation, now it's all very clear. Keep Up the good work.

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 12:43:05 PM

I certainly do not see why. If anything, it seems that the people complaining have accelerated action. Also, I still haven't seen any money. You seem to have a bizarre concept of gratitude and when it is merited.

The entire payment scheme remains opaque.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 12:56:34 PM

I certainly do not see why. If anything, it seems that the people complaining have accelerated action. Also, I still haven't seen any money. You seem to have a bizarre concept of gratitude and when it is merited.

Yes, sorry, I think it's the other way around, I think slush should apologize to you for being so slow in fixing the free service he's providing to you.
I'm sure he didn't find annoying and insulting at all to get called a scammer by someone whining because his 4.53 BTC didn't arrive fast enough. He's probably even thankful to you for helping him get up and do some work.

Cdecker

Activity: 489
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 01:21:14 PM

Cdecker, I agree there was some misconception in payment before. I din't say system worked perfectly. I believe they care about their 0.6 bitcoins. But I 10x said "ok, I know about it, I'm working to make it better". I already made it better and explained why I cannot send money from old blocks instantly. So I don't know what to say more.
I'm glad that it has been cleared now, I really love your Pool and it works like a charm (for me). Just wanted to get everything on track and stop some whiners from influencing too many Cheesy

Want to see what developers are chatting about? http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/
Bitcoin-OTC Rating
gene (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 01:35:29 PM

Yes, sorry, I think it's the other way around, I think slush should apologize to you for being so slow in fixing the free service he's providing to you.
This is correct. In a position of accepting trust, the burden of proof is on him to show he is capable and trustworthy. I will correct you on one point; the service has not been free for some.

I'm sure he didn't find annoying and insulting at all to get called a scammer by someone whining because his 4.53 BTC didn't arrive fast enough. He's probably even thankful to you for helping him get up and do some work.
I'm not terribly concerned with what he finds annoying or insulting. Either you take the burden of proof seriously and are immediately clear with explanations or you accept the fact that people will ask tough questions. He voluntarily accepted the role, after all. It disturbs me that so many here are willing to accept the situation as is (i.e., cavalier attitudes toward trust and reputation), especially in the context of a critical phase of the development of a distributed currency.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 03:35:14 PM

Check slush's thread. He now says that everyone has been paid.

NOW... gene. Now would be the time to flip your lid if you don't have your coins.

Send 1.43 to 1HVjPVMwJFeu8nhwR8vi5MySSkYjQ6mAWt for geneabernathy

genjix
Legendary
expert

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 05:29:21 PM

lol? all this over 2 BTC. You must be really hard on cash...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: