Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:22:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Thoughts on  BTB to date?
Never heard of it. I'm indifferent. - 5 (11.4%)
Good, it's a viable Alt with a lot of potential - 10 (22.7%)
Not good, or worth my investment - 29 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to BitBar (BTB)  (Read 3172 times)
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:47:17 PM

bitbar did seem to have potential in the beginning, and the price showed up....that potential & promise was never fulfilled though.

I don't see how we can say that already.
It's still in the top region of CoinChoose, the difficulty adjustment is perfect and fast and the maximum amount ever existing never changed.

I think it's actually good for Bitbar price is dropping so fast and low.
The people who mined many BTB at the start have 2 options: hold at low price and pray or sell quick before dropping lower.

The diff adjustment will make it always (close to) profitable to mine Smiley I don't see why it can't go up again, once.

I will buy a lot of BTB as soon as the price is right for me Smiley

I agree.
Bitbar is far from dead.  The low starting difficulty/high block reward initially is why there are so many to sell.  This is great for those of us that let them sell into our low bids.  Anyone buying at these levels will not regret it.  Bitbar is currently trading at 0.05 on 6/18/2013.  I will come back to this thread in 12 months to prove that I was right.  But in the mean time please panic sell all your bitbar so I can buy more at 0.05.
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:48:36 PM

bitbar did seem to have potential in the beginning, and the price showed up....that potential & promise was never fulfilled though.

It's still in the top region of CoinChoose, the difficulty adjustment is perfect and fast and the maximum amount ever existing never changed.

The people who mined many BTB at the start have 2 options: hold at low price and pray or sell quick before dropping lower.

The diff adjustment will make it always (close to) profitable to mine Smiley I don't see why it can't go up again, once.

I agree.
Bitbar is far from dead.  The low starting difficulty/high block reward initially is why there are so many to sell.  This is great for those of us that let them sell into our low bids.  Anyone buying at these levels will not regret it.  Bitbar is currently trading at 0.05 on 6/18/2013.  I will come back to this thread in 12 months to prove that I was right.  But in the mean time please panic sell all your bitbar so I can buy more at 0.05.

Wasn't bitbar trading at 0.5 one month ago? Come on man, you're on in 12 months. The problem is, I can't prove you're wrong because BTB won't be listed anywhere.
Kyune

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:52:02 PM

Take a look at the "Total Supply" chart of BitBar, and notice how it is sharply vertical during the day 1 instamine, and then levels off to nearly horizontal:

http://cryptometer.org/bitbar_90_day_charts.html.

That's a pretty strong indication that the distribution of the ownership of the coin is inequitable from the start, and no amount of mining is really going to change that.

Compare that (at the same website, follow the links), to the "Total Supply" chart of coins like bitcoin, litecoin, digitalcoin, worldcoin, or any other coin where the Total Supply slope up much more gradually.  Whatever those coins' flaws -- and there may be many -- they don't suffer from the same "almost everything was mined on day 1" problem.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:53:17 PM

Take a look at the "Total Supply" chart of BitBar, and notice how it is sharply vertical during the day 1 instamine, and then levels off to nearly horizontal:

That's a pretty strong indication that the distribution of the ownership of the coin is inequitable from the start, and no amount of mining is really going to change that.

Compare that (at the same website, follow the links), to the "Total Supply" chart of coins like bitcoin, litecoin, digitalcoin, worldcoin, or any other coin where the Total Supply slope up much more gradually.  Whatever those coins' flaws -- and there may be many -- they don't suffer from the same "almost everything was mined on day 1" problem.

+1; exactly.

This is the worst coin released to date. Good ideas, terrible launch

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:10:31 PM

+1; exactly.

This is the worst coin released to date. Good ideas, terrible launch

This is the same for Novacoin no? Correct me if I'm wrong. How is Novacoin doing now?
jbmiller10

Activity: 134

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:43:05 PM

I agree.

BTB has a volume of 4.72919109 on Cryptsy over the last 24 hours. No one is buying bitbars...

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
Shmoopy

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:44:27 PM

When like 70% of the coins (or bars) in circulation are mined in the first day and then 30% are mined over the next 29 days, there's something wrong with the coin.

FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:45:54 PM

Who the hell would want them?

All the early birds stocked up massive amount of BTB while everyone else got measly block rewards.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:46:49 PM

I agree.

BTB has a volume of 4.72919109 on Cryptsy over the last 24 hours. No one is buying bitbars...

Then no one is selling either.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:51:56 PM

I agree.
Bitbar is far from dead.  The low starting difficulty/high block reward initially is why there are so many to sell.  This is great for those of us that let them sell into our low bids.  Anyone buying at these levels will not regret it.  Bitbar is currently trading at 0.05 on 6/18/2013.  I will come back to this thread in 12 months to prove that I was right.  But in the mean time please panic sell all your bitbar so I can buy more at 0.05.

I'm not selling my Unicorns either. Doesn't make them worth anything.

more or less retired.
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:10:45 PM

Would recommend OP changes the poll to allow each user to submit multiple answers...I personally believe it was a combination of the 60 BTB instamine + no intelligible differences from existing chains + all the shills stuffing up the forums with propaganda of "CONSOLIDATE YOUR WEALTH IN BITBAR!!!!!" that made absolutely no sense.

In any case: good riddance BTB.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 09:12:07 PM

I agree.
Bitbar is far from dead.  The low starting difficulty/high block reward initially is why there are so many to sell.  This is great for those of us that let them sell into our low bids.  Anyone buying at these levels will not regret it.  Bitbar is currently trading at 0.05 on 6/18/2013.  I will come back to this thread in 12 months to prove that I was right.  But in the mean time please panic sell all your bitbar so I can buy more at 0.05.

I'm not selling my Unicorns either. Doesn't make them worth anything.

Hmm, makes me wonder how long before someone launches the "UniCoin" Tongue
canoe

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:12:21 PM

I just noticed people were talking about the bitbar chart so I updated that chart.  It's now 47 days instead of 30 days.
Remember: my charts aren't necessarily up to date.  Check the "Last block processed" field at the top of the page to know when the chart was generated.
http://cryptometer.org/bitbar_90_day_charts.html

cryptometer.org Altcoin blockchain charts Donate! --- BTC 1P5QspaqhyHZXnTVPeMxssRXu6ABAovcBg --- LTC LV1xYnfgsH5PPdgNS4EhZsuNyVMdeiafcK
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:18:49 PM

I believe Trucoiin happened to it
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:28:29 PM

I believe Trucoiin happened to it

Lol.. you beat me to it.  Cheesy
GSnak

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 09:42:18 PM

Negative publicity has nothing to do with the long term viability of the coin. If the commentary had been rosy, it still would be worthless. And the six days worth of confirmations is nutty.
krasnyoktyabr

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:11:06 PM

Too much negative publicity about the day 1 insta-mining, caused by 2 or 3 very vocal members. That troll substrata and the other guy, I forget his name.

Insta-mining on day 1 of launch is actually commonplace. However when those insta-mined coins could be worth 0.5 bitcoins each, that's when the tears flow and people start throwing epic tantrums.

That said, the continuous difficulty adjustment means it will always be profitable to mine so long as there is an exchange and just a small amount of demand.

Insta-mineing is commong, but it rarely contributes 25% of the entirety of the coins that will ever be minted.

It was a mixture of the instamine with the steep decrease in blocksize that killed bitbar's value.

Scarcity is not a virtue that is valued in crypto, because there is no such thing as more or less scarce. Just because there are fewer 1.000000 units doesn't mean it is more scarce, it just means that you have to use more decimals. These things are nearly infinitely divisible.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:52:34 PM

A better question is, what happened to TruCoin? He amped up his FGPA BitBar USB Key and we haven't heard anything since.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:57:26 PM

I recommend people should ignore the trolls(bashers and Trucoin).  The Bitbar dev. is active and currently working on an update.  It is currently #1 CoinChoose when adjusted for stales, even above LTC.  BTB has one of the best designed difficulty adjustments and proof of stake blocks so it will never "die".  
lukemarshall (OP)

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:54:21 AM

I edited my original poll and reset it because I felt that it reflected my own thoughts to much, Ecpecially the "to much negativity on the forums" option.

It is now pretty generic left/right/middle of the road.

Its all about what the people want...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: