Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:38:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION! Fake EtherDelta can stole your money!  (Read 694 times)
user1000 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:27:31 AM

ATTENTION!!
Beware scammers!
EtherDelta never sends e-mail!

Not so long time ago I received a letter:
"Your EtherDelta account has been accessed from a new IP address"
There was a fake link in the message.

The fake address different from the original one by a single character, there was a hyphen "-" between the words "ether" and "delta".

The interface of the fake website was 99% match the original. If I was careless I would enter my private key to log in, I think at the same time would have lost all of my ether and tokens. But I was careful. I recalled that I never entered any e-mail addresses on EtherDelta.

How would EtherDelta know my e-mail address if I never provided them?
It was a Scam 100%.

If you ever recieve any e-mail from EtherDelta be sure that it is a Scam. The only authorization on EtherDelta is your private key from your Ethereum wallet. There are no passwords, no e-mail, no usernames, no logins needed to enter EtherDelta.

Always check the website address!
And better save all the important addresses to bookmark and come only from there.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bobbyrari

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:27:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up, would sure be on the look out because I think I got such email.
DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:32:36 AM

Thanks for the news. This problem similar to Slack. They sent email to us trying to steal our account.

dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:34:32 AM

Thanks for the warning, it is so annoying to see so many attempts to steal our ETH and tokens. Previously there are many phishing attempts using the name of myetherwallet, and now we have just seen a new one using etherdelta's name to fool people. I guess they are just the same group of people who want to steal our ETH because people are aware already about phishing MEW and now they move forward using other sites.
We should really take a look carefully on any incoming emails. Always double check on everything we are going to do.

Torr2000

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:43:23 PM

Thanks for that information. Forewarned is forearmed.

I guess we need new type of email - payed email.

Let's  call it "PayMail".

It must be based on Ethereum platform I suppose. Registration is free but mailing to somebody needs paying some small fee. As regular mail requires payment for postage stamps - exactly the same "PayMail" must require a payment for every email sent to each address.

This is the solution of "spam-scam" emails, I believe.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:49:17 PM

nice reminder. the account use already got 23billion dollar with variety of token. so be careful

etherdelta did not know your email
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:06:39 PM

Thanks for the information. I have never had such email since i never use my primary email id at ordinary websites.
Everytime i need to login on myetherwallet or any other wallet that jas sensitive data, i manually type website address.
Users are warned not to click links from email and doublecheck url before entering private keys
StreakW

Activity: 1189
Merit: 107

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:11:28 PM

thank you bro for information, ya etherdelta also warning in their twitter ehterdelta never send anylink
this problem similar with slak, BTW make sure greenbar in etherdelta address

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 02:16:03 PM

thank you bro for information, ya etherdelta also warning in their twitter ehterdelta never send anylink
this problem similar with slak, BTW make sure greenbar in etherdelta address

I received such an email to, and in this phising attack's case, the green padlock symbol (indicating a valid SSL certificate) wouldn't have done you any good.
The fake site also has a valid SSL certificate...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Buntel168

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:03:30 PM

Thanks for the information, this is very useful for etherdelta users like me and other users. Its very important to bookmark etherdelta site  addresses.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SPORTS ICON   │   NFTs WITH THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
[     Telegram     ] [       Twitter       ] [      Discord      ] [    Instagram    ] [      YouTube      ] [      Medium      ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
blockchain-man

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:11:29 PM

Thank you for your warning, In slack of many coin have many scammer PM for you about security myetherwallet but all is scam. I was lost 70$ for scammer
amilla041184

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:14:49 PM

After Myetherwallet now etherdelta, lol, scammers really never get tired finding new way to steal others asset so lets just beware all the times to avoid being one of poor victims.
Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:33:26 PM

Thanks for the awareness. These days so many people try to steal someone's coins. They don't want to sweat. Hate those people.
Imran1271

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

ATTENTION!!
Beware scammers!

Not so long time ago I received a letter:
"Your EtherDelta account has been accessed from a new IP address"
There was a fake link in the message.

The fake address different from the original one by a single character, there was a hyphen "-" between the words "ether" and "delta".

The interface of the fake website was 99% match the original. If I was careless I would enter my private key to log in, I think at the same time would have lost all of my ether and tokens. But I was careful. I recalled that I never entered any e-mail addresses on EtherDelta.

How would EtherDelta know my e-mail address if I never provided them?
It was a Scam 100%.

If you ever recieve any e-mail from EtherDelta be sure that it is a Scam. The only authorization on EtherDelta is your private key from your Ethereum wallet. There are no passwords, no e-mail, no usernames, no logins needed to enter EtherDelta.

Always check the website address!
And better save all the important addresses to bookmark and come only from there.
Thanks for your kind information i am so glad about your suggestion but i have a question regarding etherdelta issue that is how to get me the genuine etherdelta website and what's the visul look this website...?
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:06:35 PM

Thanks for reminding and giving us this important news. Well actually i've been hearing lots of complaints regarding this fake etherdelta, and i guess it should already be taken some immediate actions towards those who attempt to steal. This is alarming and we appreciate you for the concern, and for the awareness of everybody. Hopfully this will be resolved.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:21:02 PM

ATTENTION!!
Beware scammers!

So they moved from myetherwallet to etherdelta. Good job calling their phishing attacks. These scammers never get tired trying to steal our funds from us. So we must always be careful and double check the links we are clicking, the sites we are joining.

Etherdelta also posted a notice on their website about their official url. Maybe this is the reason they did the notice.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:31:19 PM

thank you for this kind reminders mate as we should all knew about this so those scammers wont harmed our investment, as long as we do have some
precaution like this we will be able to protect out coins better to use bookmarks to make sure that you are opening correct url's.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:36:07 PM

thanks for the heads up man. it's unfortunate if this happened to anyone. there should be punishment for this kind of criminal activity.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:55:05 PM

Great job for taking the time to write this brother . Hopefully more people will be informed and avoid falling for the lazy people.
Wish it were possible to Password- protect Private keys. The current method is way to easy to be abused.
risatrakib

Activity: 823
Merit: 500

SquidCoin.cash

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:39:01 PM

Thanks for the post. It will really helps us a lot. Nowadays phising sites are bothering us. If we don't see the site name properly and started to work we can loose all of our money.Though I always enter in my bookmarked real etherdelta site. I think it is the best way to prevent these problems and ignore phising mails.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: