Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:16:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When ICO rush will stop?  (Read 1218 times)
cottagecoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:32:27 AM

Hi, everyone!
I became familiar with ICO world only 3 months ago, now I see how many new projects have appeared during that period.
I think the amount is enormous, so many different projects even with repeating ideas!
When do think will this rush stop and why? Huh
samatillanow

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:34:49 AM

probably with regulators coming down and threatening projects. combine that with some other bad news and people will flee the space starting a bear market.
hookcoin

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:05:57 AM

Certainly so. ICO projects that come quickly and leave no impression on investors will have to stop quickly. There are currently too many ICO projects but not much success. Investors are more cautious with the ICO.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:09:10 AM

Regulators already came down on ICOs without much avail, so I don't see much changing on that front.

The ICO rush will stop once people stop throwing their money at overvalued projects of questionable viability which I don't think will stop anytime soon. The market definitely has cooled down a bit, but it seems to be rather easy to just pump out worthless vaporware ICOs, so this "business model" could stay profitable for quite a while still.
keiser9000

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:37:48 AM

Many people call ICOs a bubble - the next as compared to .com bubble back in 2000.
And what you need to compare - are the figures involved.  Right now as we speak ICO rush attrackted too few money.  Anything can change quite fast - so try to investigate how  much it was in 2000 when .com bubble collapsed - and add inflation and plus the news travels much faster today than it did in 2000.

Fun is guaranteed for sure.
cottagecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:47:17 AM

Many people call ICOs a bubble - the next as compared to .com bubble back in 2000.
And what you need to compare - are the figures involved.  Right now as we speak ICO rush attrackted too few money.  Anything can change quite fast - so try to investigate how  much it was in 2000 when .com bubble collapsed - and add inflation and plus the news travels much faster today than it did in 2000.

Fun is guaranteed for sure.

Haha! I like your comment about fun!
cottagecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:48:30 AM

Regulators already came down on ICOs without much avail, so I don't see much changing on that front.

The ICO rush will stop once people stop throwing their money at overvalued projects of questionable viability which I don't think will stop anytime soon. The market definitely has cooled down a bit, but it seems to be rather easy to just pump out worthless vaporware ICOs, so this "business model" could stay profitable for quite a while still.

I think people will stop creating so many icos when their expenses will not be covered by investments!
cottagecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:49:26 AM

Certainly so. ICO projects that come quickly and leave no impression on investors will have to stop quickly. There are currently too many ICO projects but not much success. Investors are more cautious with the ICO.

Yes, and invest less and less!
But I think ICO is still a good way to promote someone's business!
BitcoinDiamond

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:53:46 AM

China has cracked down on it, most countries will follow suit. That and most people are slowly and surely not buying into as much as they first did.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:00:29 AM

Hi, everyone!
I became familiar with ICO world only 3 months ago, now I see how many new projects have appeared during that period.
I think the amount is enormous, so many different projects even with repeating ideas!

That projects that have same and repeating ideas will not success and no one interested on it. In the future, ICO will be more and more with a new, fresh and great idea. Project that have them will survive. On the other hand, repeating and same project will stuck and dead by itself in the end.
cottagecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:24:20 AM

Hi, everyone!

That projects that have same and repeating ideas will not success and no one interested on it. In the future, ICO will be more and more with a new, fresh and great idea. Project that have them will survive. On the other hand, repeating and same project will stuck and dead by itself in the end.

Yes, I agree that the ideas repeat
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:24:41 AM

Hi, everyone!
ICO industry is very wide and has a lot of potentials I think we still have along ways to go before it gets stop or maybe never stop because the whole world is full of ideas. ICO projects may come to an end maybe when governments start to clamdown on them. Though the ICO projects market is full of scams but it is still very good to invest in.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:50:45 AM

imho ICOs are a great thing. the model of funding a project / startup is a revolution to the financial world, BUT as it is not regulated at all yet and there are many vaporware projects or even scammers who betray investors (or just people who call themselves like that) for their money. this will definitely come to an end sooner or later when regulators step in, but this doesnt mean that the ICO rush has to stop, it just will be restructured for the good and be more secure for investors. ICO's are here and this crowdfunding model cant just be swiped away as something like this does not exist. even with some bad regulators, it will still find its ways im sure of that!
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:17:15 PM

Hi, everyone!

I dont think the rush will stop, if anything it is just starting!
Blockchain technology is in its infancy and is becoming more
and more used.

The technologies proposed or ICO's IMO are not moving fast
enough with development which leaves an opportunity for a
rival to enter the market with an updated version.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:37:30 PM

Hi, everyone!
I see IT's like being a member of a exclusive club and they have their own money to buy goods or services from it, so the market will still face ICO;s for pe period of time and regulation won't stop ICO's, perhaps they wont be as often like now but they don't ban them.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:33:24 PM

Hi, everyone!

When ICO rush and stop,because of some circumstances,maybe that ICO is lack of investor or lack of propaganda in social blogs.sometimes the coin offerings stop because of segwit hardfork comes thats affect the platform exchange of digital currency.the different project and repeating ideas is always done by ICO campaign because this is the best  strategy,they always work in making investment.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
cottagecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:07:28 PM

imho ICOs are a great thing. the model of funding a project / startup is a revolution to the financial world, BUT as it is not regulated at all yet and there are many vaporware projects or even scammers who betray investors (or just people who call themselves like that) for their money. this will definitely come to an end sooner or later when regulators step in, but this doesnt mean that the ICO rush has to stop, it just will be restructured for the good and be more secure for investors. ICO's are here and this crowdfunding model cant just be swiped away as something like this does not exist. even with some bad regulators, it will still find its ways im sure of that!

There's a hope in your words, that ICO market will become more structured and organized!
cottagecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:21:22 PM

Hi, everyone!

I dont think the rush will stop, if anything it is just starting!
Blockchain technology is in its infancy and is becoming more
and more used.

The technologies proposed or ICO's IMO are not moving fast
enough with development which leaves an opportunity for a
rival to enter the market with an updated version.

You have an interesting point of view, probably you're right that it's just starting!
willmunte

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:33:32 PM

Hi, everyone!
When developers want to make a profit, they are willing to reuse any idea, and investors do not care that they only care about the profit they can make.
cottagecoin (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:35:35 PM

China has cracked down on it, most countries will follow suit. That and most people are slowly and surely not buying into as much as they first did.

What about South Korea? also banned?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: