Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing on ICOS is good or bad ?  (Read 2502 times)
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:34:23 AM

Please give your ideas according to your experience.
It depends, but for me its ok to all legit ICO. Keep away on those scams. There are many ICO out there but not all of them are legit or trusted. You should take care and always double check. Check the background.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:36:46 AM

I think investing on ICO is a high risk and high payback investment, I have invested some good projects such as omesigo and made some great profit, also there are some projects not so good as expected for now, such as the sonm. So I think you can invest on them with part of your money, maybe 30% is enough.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:02:35 PM

i can say that everybody is different viewpoint in this case. if you had been chosen a good project and your investment bringed a big profit then of course you will say Investing on ICOS is good and contra
my opinion invest into ICOs is good before you need to research projects which you want to invest. if you cant do this then you should look for topic which will guide how to choose a good ICO in this forum
InsightCryp.to_support

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:07:24 PM

I would have recommended investing in ICO as best if there were not so many SCAMS around! You have to go through a lot of research in order to safely invest your money in any ICO. Some scams seems even more realistic than the genuine ones and that's what I am afraid of the most.  Sad
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:42:00 PM

It actually depends on the investor, but for me investing in an ICO is good because some coin sell very low during ICO and when they get to exchange they go 5X in price.

handy_hotdog

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:14:57 PM

It really depends, the most important thing is research.

There are so many ICO's these days that it can be very easy to get lost. Pick an ICO you like and research their team, the concept, whitepaper and ask a few questions.

Here is a interesting article about ICO's having a working product vs a vision.

https://medium.com/@crowdholding/mvps-pocs-and-ideas-which-icos-should-i-better-invest-in-and-which-will-let-me-down-369bf1ffae2
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:54:22 PM

This depends on the individual because everybody will have different opinions. For some it might be good while for the other it might be bad.
Not all ICOs are good, some there to scam and some just to raise funds. Some ICOs might be good while the other may be of no worth.
You must be wise in choosing an ICO. If the ICO has good value in future and are in the market to solve issues then investing in it might be a good idea.
I agree, when you are investing in ICOs, you are expecting high return. Ico is pretty risky, it has its pros and cons. In the positive side, some of the investors gets rich here because of the high return investments.  The bad thing is maybe you are not one of them because many Ico now are scam,  I am not saying that all are scam but most of it. The good thing about investing in it is because of its transparency, also when you invest you can be a part of community.  The return of investment can be 10x higher or just completely nothing. It is very risky because scammers are everywhere, some use unregulated icos to victimize greedy investors. So it depends on you whether you want to invest or not.
Reevesabalb21

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:30:58 AM

Research is necessary , When you are investing in an ICO make sure every possible and accurate details about the ICO youre about to invest. Read their white paper, their back grounda, goals, achievements, their team is it solid or have a chance to be a bigger project someday. Learn everything. I have known a good ICO

I suggest this one ICO visit https://www.spectivvr.com it is a good project. Invest on it and it will be valued.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:10:40 AM

I think investing on ICO is a high risk and high payback investment, I have invested some good projects such as omesigo and made some great profit, also there are some projects not so good as expected for now, such as the sonm. So I think you can invest on them with part of your money, maybe 30% is enough.

Exactly once. basically the ICo is indeed a place of realization of a plan and if we don't see the plan of what will soon be implemented in the ICO then everything is going to be a loss. An example is a plan, whereby SONM they make do look very impressive and have hopes of getting high. But now it's become a place sonm adverse investments, because the TEAM could not make or keep their promises. they're just busy on the less important affair, so we also have to look at everything very well. Do not carelessly do investment.
ramsdaj28

Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:23:09 AM

Actually, it's good to invest in ICOs as long as you know the right thing you should upon joining to them. In fact, these new ICOs are good opportunities for investors to start their journey in online investment safely, but most people who are joining the ICOs think that this is a fast way to earn money.

The thing here is that, whenever you join an ICO, don't expect too much from it. What I mean is that you should not expect that once you buy coins from these ICOs, you'll immediately earn money. Most of the time, The amount of money you've invested in an ICO is MORE THAN the actual value of the coins you've bought.

What makes these valuable is that when investors hold these coins for longer time and not to sell it immediately after receiving the coins. People should change their mindset from BUY NOW SELL NOW to HOLD.
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:29:59 AM

I agree to that,before investing in any ICO first educate your self and it won't risky to choose what ICO you want to invest,study there roadmap,whitepaper,this is important to gather information of the ICO you choose.
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:32:54 AM

Investing in ICO has a certain meaning and brings a good profit. It's in theory. In practice, there are certain difficulties with the risk of losing their investments. Many of them are either poorly prepared or have signs of fraud and investment either being lost or, at best, coming back. Therefore, before investing, you need to carefully read the information about the investment object and make decisions independently. On the other hand, this is a very profitable investment with a successfully completed project.
lion1987

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 08:37:52 AM

After my personal experience, it is very hard to find a good ico. I've participated in 4 icos so far. one of them is in hindsight 100% a scam, at the second I am not sure at the moment in which direction it will develop.

The 3rd ICO has been very successful for me so far and I expect a lot more the next months.
the coin of my last ico is still not listed on any exchange, but there too i expect a lot in the future. I have a personal relationship with this project so I'm not just looking at the value of the coin

nonik

Activity: 367

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:41:03 AM

I think it all depends on your carefulness in reading and studying a project, much needed precision, and most important is you must be very confident and not hesitant in investment, because in investing there will be losses and profits.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:53:45 AM

Investing in ICO is good in couple of ways. ICOs give the opportunity to get coins at low initial prices but that is not always the case. Some coins have high initial prices also. The main purpose of ICO is to fulfill the requirement of funds a project need, Projects need funds to operate, to bring their innovative ideas and solutions into reality and when the project becomes successful through ICO. Coin become successful and ultimately benefits the most to investor. People make ICO successful and ICO makes coin successful.

Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:54:24 AM

It depends if you know how to handle it. Because not all investment will grow..
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:57:36 AM

Yes, it is always good to invest ICO but you need to do lot of research before investing because it is not good without researching about the company. How the community is reacting to the project we have analyse everything.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:01:19 AM

Yes, it is always good to invest ICO but you need to do lot of research before investing because it is not good without researching about the company. How the community is reacting to the project we have analyse everything.
It is always good to invest as long you had verify already that the Ico you joined is legit and worth it. Because there are a lot of Icos these days that are scam so it is necessary for checking first before investing.
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:38:09 AM

The Good about ICO

Virtual currencies first emerged about 10 years ago and do not have necessarily physical form,unlike fiat currency such as coins and notes.Examples of virtual currencies are Bitcoin and Ethereum's ether.They are not issued by any government,and are not legal tender.This means that they can be used to pay for goods or services only if someone is willing to accept them as a mode of payment.
People can buy digital currencies like bitcoin using cash.Or they can "mine" for bitcoins,by solving complex mathematical problems.As digital currencies grow in popularity,there use has expanded.Today,bitcoin for example can be used to pay for music downloads or clothing and for meals in a small number of restaurant.
ICOs have exploded in popularity over the past year and even reality TV star Paris Hilton is endorsing a digital company's ICO launch.

The Bad about ICO

In an ICO,token holders have fewer rights.
TMSP Law Corp joint managing partner Stefanie Yuen Thio noted:"The white paper (or business proposal) is often badly drafted,provides very little clarity.The underlying investment,the investors right and risks are not well spelt out.
The lack oversight over ICOs has attracted criminals,with some estimates showing about 10 per cent of all ICO funds being stolen by thieves.Phishing scams and hacking are common,and new investors are particularly vulnerable as they may not know the most secure way to store there tokens.
macchiato

Merit: 103

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:47:49 AM

We can't really say which is good or bad because every investment don't have the exact same results. There is no assurance of gaining profit when you invest at something, all investors should know that. Equally, it is not guaranteed that ICO will be the best place for your money BUT it could be, if by any chance, the ICO you chose is not a scam and is successful.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: