Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:02:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Increase in value or decrease?  (Read 739 times)
migueltiu (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:39:57 PM

Hi guys, i'm just a newbie here. I've been curious on how the value of bitcoins increase and decrease through time. Is it because of the investors coming in for bitcoin? Are there ways that we can predict this? If yes, how? And in addition, what do they mean by forks? Are forks bad? My friend told me to sell my bitcoins before forks happen. Should I follow this?

I'm sorry for giving a lot of questions since i've been very interested in bitcoins and I really want to try to put an investment on this. I've been reading a lot about bitcoins and i've seen records from 2013 $7 bitcoins to now, $7000btc
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:44:34 PM

In my opinion the fork is always bad. Any money likes stability and predictability. This bitcoin can't provide. Many people may disagree because after every fork they get free coins. But I think that it is a very small compensation for the loss of image. To sell your bitcoins you need now if you need money urgently. In the future it will rise in price.
migueltiu (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:46:23 PM

In my opinion the fork is always bad. Any money likes stability and predictability. This bitcoin can't provide. Many people may disagree because after every fork they get free coins. But I think that it is a very small compensation for the loss of image. To sell your bitcoins you need now if you need money urgently. In the future it will rise in price.
Hi thanks for your response. May I know, when you meant "They get free coins". Who gets free coins? And how?
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:02:10 PM

Hi thanks for your response. May I know, when you meant "They get free coins". Who gets free coins? And how?
You can understand that as long as there is bitcoin in your wallet, you can get new COINS for free after the 16th.You don't need any operations.Depending on the announcement of the exchanges, the COINS stored in coinbass can be divided into COINS.

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:48:20 PM

A hardfork occurs when what used to be the same currency, starts following two separate set of rules -- one being the old set of rules (in the case of November, BTC), the other following a new set of rules (in the case of November, B2X).

Ignoring the hardforks that happened earlier this year, for the sake of example, up until the November SegWit2x fork, there's only BTC.

Once the SegWit2x hardfork occurs, you'll have both BTC and the equivalent amount of B2X -- ie. for every 1 BTC you hold, you now also have 1 B2X. Two separate currencies, that can be traded for each other -- ie. you can use your BTC to increase your B2X holdings and vice versa.

Keep in mind to actually have access to your B2X you need to either hold BTC in a wallet of your own -- ie. a wallet where you have access to the private keys -- or hold the BTC on an exchange that supports B2X. However the latter option puts you at the mercy of the respective exchange.

That's the postive aspect. The hardfork could still go awfully wrong, with both BTC and B2X losing significant value, so there's a certain amount of risk involved.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:17:07 PM

Hi guys, i'm just a newbie here. I've been curious on how the value of bitcoins increase and decrease through time. Is it because of the investors coming in for bitcoin? Are there ways that we can predict this? If yes, how? And in addition, what do they mean by forks? Are forks bad? My friend told me to sell my bitcoins before forks happen. Should I follow this?

I'm sorry for giving a lot of questions since i've been very interested in bitcoins and I really want to try to put an investment on this. I've been reading a lot about bitcoins and i've seen records from 2013 $7 bitcoins to now, $7000btc
The value of the bitcoin is both increasing and decreasing.Base on my opinion the fork is always bad. Any money likes stability and predictability. This bitcoin can't provide. Many people may disagree because after every fork they get free coins. But I think that it is a very small compensation for the loss of image. To sell your bitcoins you need now if you need money urgently. In the future it will rise in price. It is essential for you to invest in bitcoin.
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:27:55 PM

You were right advised by a friend. Because this is the safest way to survive the separation of bitcoins. Withdraw money in $. And then if bitcoin falls in price, and he definitely falls, just buy it and wait again when he grows up Wink
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Of course is increasing, but we can see a stabilisation in the price after the upcoming fork
And i think that bitcoin can only grow and grow up
Maybe in the start of 2018 we can see a price like 10.000$ per BTC
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 12:45:03 PM

Its not just the investors. Every person that uses bitcoin is involved and participated on the state of bitcoin's price. Because once the market cap decreases, bitcoin price will start to rise. Holders of bitcoin is one major cause of it then when they do panic selling bitcoin price will start to fall.

See everybody has to do with bitcoin prices, maybe small or not they are part of it.
aisyah88

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:49:28 PM

it is clear all want increase not decrease ... but we have to be professional in bitcoin any increase there must be decrease and do not forget us to be discouraged ... keep and keep spirit....
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:55:26 PM

It increased a lot because of the forks, and you can not deny it. Without bitcoin cash, the price could still be below $2800 because this is how it happened.
It went from $2500 to $3700 in just three days, and then with the other fork of bitcoin gold, it went from $4000 to $6000 in a few days, and with the segwitx2 fork, there was a lot of speculations about it and the price touched more than seven thousand dollars, but then there was a huge mess with this.
There are a lot of things that makes the difference on the price.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Laya Varghese

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:50:10 AM

It's value increase or decrease like everything else it's valued increase with the increase in the number of buyers and decrease with increase in the number of sellers.that depends on the many factors underneath.you can see it's value getting doubled from the last year with increasing number of users and it's going to go even higher in the future with more people Getting aware and willing to invest in it.
chilanx

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:01:10 AM

bitcoin is unstable currency,it is always increase and decreases.bitcoin cost is very high and it gives profits.we can not expect the bitcoin price.now it is very fine.
just a man

Activity: 266

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:12:18 AM

bitcoin is unstable currency,it is always increase and decreases.bitcoin cost is very high and it gives profits.we can not expect the bitcoin price.now it is very fine.
Looking at the price of Bitcoin from when it first began, the price of Bitcoin is only increasing. It will stay that way until the price goes down to zero or negative value.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:14:16 AM

Bitcoin has a strong track record now. It may dip slightly but then it always bounces back higher and higher.

Its probably going to continue to just increase for at least another 5 to 10 years.

Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:21:56 AM

Bitcoins value still fluctuates so it is not stable. But I think this year the value of the coin will increase. Because even though it fluctuates so fast, it still ends up as high as the months past by.

ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:24:36 AM

When bitcoin fork, it is splits right? So that means that the forked new coin is separated to the original coin.

That also means that if you have a number of original bitcoin in your pocket, for example, 10 of them, that means you can also have the same number of new coins which is 10.
ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:26:45 AM

When bitcoin fork, it is splits right? So that means that the forked new coin is separated to the original coin.

That also means that if you have a number of original bitcoin in your wallet, for example, 10 of them, that means you can also have the same number of new coins which is 10.
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:30:16 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency uncontrolled by any one.So,its price either increases or decreases with increase or decrease in demand.But there are also some outer factors which some times decides the price.Factors like china banning bitcoin,forks to happen also affect bitcoin price.Its really hard to predict bitcoin price.But earlier before hard forks,people used to sell their bitcoins because of fear of price fall,but nowaays price increases before hard forks since people buy more bitcoins to get free coins after hard forks.
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:35:28 AM

Bitcoin is a good investment, but you need to remember that is a cryptocurrency, so the price can be unstable, and remember that is a long-time investment
And as we can see the price is growing up again
RahulRana

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:47:34 AM

The value of the best BTC is more than other currency. They may be any typy of currency rates may be included or decrease time to time. So Bitcoin value may be increase or decrease any time.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:27:45 AM

Yeah for me the bitcoin price is also depend on us, and investors and also to those who sell, form is about the price of bitcoin when splitting. Just like what happen before when bitcoin cash came up. Bitcoin split ita price because of it and a lot of us makes panic selling thats why bitcoin price decrease but it recovers immediately.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:55:33 PM

Bitcoin is in the form of inflation. Sometimes, the value of bitcoin increases, somehow it decreases.
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 03:57:33 PM

This digital currency is unstable just like the other currency.sometimes we see that the price of dollar have been rising or falling down.same thing is happening here
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:59:08 PM

It will always increase, what is the value of forever... billions and much more.

And its gone.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:20:39 PM

You were given a lot of opinions already, so I will just add a few things that haven't really been mentioned yet. Again, like all the other users, this is just my opinion and nothing else. I will talk about forks, and I will say that I don't agree that forks are necessarily bad. They are needed, since it's the only way to create new updates or make any changes to bitcoin.

Some of those changes might be necessary and supported by the community, and in this case you will just have an update of the coin. This is what usually happens with ethereum, at least for now.

Other forks are created because some developers have different views on how to solve some of the problems bitcoin has. The bcash fork was an example of this. On these forks, both parties think they have the best solution, and normally compete directly with the main chain.

There are also some forks that work more like an airdrop. This was the case of bgold. They created something different from bitcoin, but they don't really want to compete with bitcoin. It's suppose to be just an altcoin.

I'm ok with forks, as long as they don't put the network at risk, because they are a way to evolve bitcoin. Also you get free coins, and you can decide if you want to support both chains, or just dump one coin and buy the other.

The free coins you get, are normally the reason that makes the price of bitcoin go higher every time a fork occurs. So I don't really agree with your friend. You should hold the coins or buy more, before the fork happens, because the price will rise. You can then sell some for profit, but never sell all of your coins, unless you no longer support the coin that just forked, otherwise you will be sending wrong signals to the market.

I think most of your other questions have already been answered, and like I said, I just wanted to add my opinion on forks, because we will definitely have many more to come, and most users still panic a little every time a forks happens, and I don't think that is healthy for bitcoin.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 04:22:30 PM

Cryptocurrency is a community driven asset so we can expect movements of price every second and that's what make Bitcoin very volatile because it has the largest community among cryptocurrencies on the market today. As what I have observed Bitcoin experienced a deep downfall but still and quickly manage to bounce back and try to look at it's price now something like nearly to hit eight thousand dollars and I gues it will before year ends and that awesome. I don't think if we can predict on it but the best thing we can do this time is to go with the flow. For me forks is not that bad but sometimes could lead to confusion by newbies. In my opinion I love it when fork will likely to happen because of three advantages, first, Altcoins will bleed so perfect time to buy some good stuff, second BTC price will skyrocket and third we can get free coins equivalent to the BTC we have stored on our wallets with private keys. Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Gulayman

Activity: 173

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:25:57 PM

The price of bitcoins will continue to increase. Especially now it is more widely known and many countries make it legal.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:27:40 PM

The value of bitcoin mostly increase through time, and for fork i think that is better to keep bitcoin u ll get free coins even in that period btc value decrease, after short time btc again increase his value.
Shannykhan44

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:29:26 PM

It's value increase or decrease like everything else it's value increase with increase in number of buyers and decrease with increase in number of sellers. Huh :-\that depends on the many factors underneath.you can see it's value getting doubled from the last year with increasing number of users and it's going to go even higher in the future with more people Getting aware and willing to invest in it. Wink Kiss
bitcoinhunter1221

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:45:53 PM

I maybe new here in cryptocurrency but maybe most of us here noticed that bitcoin is again rising up. And forks are always bad for coins. All you have to the is to buy these bitcoin while they are still low and then wait for its gigantic price rise again.
PORN_coin

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:48:40 PM

definitely bitcoin is one of the best investment tools now, regardless of the change in volume
skyflakes88

Activity: 124

▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:34:04 PM

what are you doing is really good because you are researching about the investment that you took for me this forks are just drama so whales can buy cheap coins from the market and accumulate huge volume that will be sold when the price of bitcoin is really high you can see this in bitcoin price movements when you see a huge green candle bars soon be followed by long red candles..

dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:40:29 PM

bitcoin should not be compared to gold. You can mine more gold every day. We probably haven't found 1% of all gold on earth, so gold is doomed to be a failure. Bitcoin, well, there are only 21 million coins ever... this meens the price will explode (up)
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:01:14 PM

Bitcoin is in the form of inflation. Sometimes, the value of bitcoin increases, somehow it decreases.
As we all see the reality thing about bitcoin price is unstable. It has its own volatility. It has the ability to chance any minute. As we cannot predict its price value when to rise or down, it is better to wait if its price will full down and it is the best opportunity to buy then hold it for the meantime and when the price bounce back to a higher price then go for sell. Then vise versa. All traders wait for this kind of event.  They buy when the price is low and sell when the price is high.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:18:54 PM

Unlike other investments the volatility factor is quite high in bitcoin, it's profits are exceptionally high but so are the risks in the drop in price. Once it's market cap increases the problem of fluctuations would reduce. If they price decreases it would be wise to hold it as it will gain it's value back.
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:54:51 PM

I think that bitcoin can only grow and grow up. Maybe in the start of 2018 we can see a price like 11.000$ per BTC
bear100

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:05:47 PM

Bitcoin is about to fly to the moon in price  Wink
As institutional investors become more aware of BTC and more companies start to use Bitcoin as payment method.
Analytics says BTC gonna be 10,000$ before 2017 ends. And there are no reasons not to believe them.
jech1028

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:08:05 PM

Bitcoin is still an infant he has no where to go but to grow and grow and grow. . He will increase in price for the following days and weeks. most specially now that financial crisis is very near. just my one cent opinion
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:17:03 PM

Bitcoin is still an infant he has no where to go but to grow and grow and grow. . He will increase in price for the following days and weeks. most specially now that financial crisis is very near. just my one cent opinion
Well it is now rising and it value is increasing maybe it will continue to rise because many people had interest on it because it is really intersting the people who believe  in bitcoin is really the responsible of bitcoins popularity and maybe it is also because many investors appriciate on botcoin because it is said to be a  simple kind of getting profit.
priyankg3

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:52:31 PM

right now prices is increasing and increasing, i dont think so it will be decreasing, some corrections happen but it doesnt mean that bitcoin decreases, it always come with full speed
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:57:39 AM

In the last year bitkoyn has grown very sharply in price, almost tenfold. Its price is determined by the ratio of supply and demand to it. Before the fork of bitcoin, it should not be sold. On the contrary, many in this period of time invest in it, so that when bifurcated, get a new free coin, which, as a rule, has a decent value in comparison with the altcoyins. This coin appears, if bitkoyn at the time of the fork will be stored in your wallet and created automatically by the number equal to bitkoyu.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: