Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:02:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Increase in value or decrease?  (Read 739 times)
migueltiu (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:39:57 PM

Hi guys, i'm just a newbie here. I've been curious on how the value of bitcoins increase and decrease through time. Is it because of the investors coming in for bitcoin? Are there ways that we can predict this? If yes, how? And in addition, what do they mean by forks? Are forks bad? My friend told me to sell my bitcoins before forks happen. Should I follow this?

I'm sorry for giving a lot of questions since i've been very interested in bitcoins and I really want to try to put an investment on this. I've been reading a lot about bitcoins and i've seen records from 2013 $7 bitcoins to now, $7000btc
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:44:34 PM

In my opinion the fork is always bad. Any money likes stability and predictability. This bitcoin can't provide. Many people may disagree because after every fork they get free coins. But I think that it is a very small compensation for the loss of image. To sell your bitcoins you need now if you need money urgently. In the future it will rise in price.
migueltiu (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:46:23 PM

In my opinion the fork is always bad. Any money likes stability and predictability. This bitcoin can't provide. Many people may disagree because after every fork they get free coins. But I think that it is a very small compensation for the loss of image. To sell your bitcoins you need now if you need money urgently. In the future it will rise in price.
Hi thanks for your response. May I know, when you meant "They get free coins". Who gets free coins? And how?
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:02:10 PM

Hi thanks for your response. May I know, when you meant "They get free coins". Who gets free coins? And how?
You can understand that as long as there is bitcoin in your wallet, you can get new COINS for free after the 16th.You don't need any operations.Depending on the announcement of the exchanges, the COINS stored in coinbass can be divided into COINS.

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:48:20 PM

A hardfork occurs when what used to be the same currency, starts following two separate set of rules -- one being the old set of rules (in the case of November, BTC), the other following a new set of rules (in the case of November, B2X).

Ignoring the hardforks that happened earlier this year, for the sake of example, up until the November SegWit2x fork, there's only BTC.

Once the SegWit2x hardfork occurs, you'll have both BTC and the equivalent amount of B2X -- ie. for every 1 BTC you hold, you now also have 1 B2X. Two separate currencies, that can be traded for each other -- ie. you can use your BTC to increase your B2X holdings and vice versa.

Keep in mind to actually have access to your B2X you need to either hold BTC in a wallet of your own -- ie. a wallet where you have access to the private keys -- or hold the BTC on an exchange that supports B2X. However the latter option puts you at the mercy of the respective exchange.

That's the postive aspect. The hardfork could still go awfully wrong, with both BTC and B2X losing significant value, so there's a certain amount of risk involved.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:17:07 PM

Hi guys, i'm just a newbie here. I've been curious on how the value of bitcoins increase and decrease through time. Is it because of the investors coming in for bitcoin? Are there ways that we can predict this? If yes, how? And in addition, what do they mean by forks? Are forks bad? My friend told me to sell my bitcoins before forks happen. Should I follow this?

I'm sorry for giving a lot of questions since i've been very interested in bitcoins and I really want to try to put an investment on this. I've been reading a lot about bitcoins and i've seen records from 2013 $7 bitcoins to now, $7000btc
The value of the bitcoin is both increasing and decreasing.Base on my opinion the fork is always bad. Any money likes stability and predictability. This bitcoin can't provide. Many people may disagree because after every fork they get free coins. But I think that it is a very small compensation for the loss of image. To sell your bitcoins you need now if you need money urgently. In the future it will rise in price. It is essential for you to invest in bitcoin.
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:27:55 PM

You were right advised by a friend. Because this is the safest way to survive the separation of bitcoins. Withdraw money in $. And then if bitcoin falls in price, and he definitely falls, just buy it and wait again when he grows up Wink
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Of course is increasing, but we can see a stabilisation in the price after the upcoming fork
And i think that bitcoin can only grow and grow up
Maybe in the start of 2018 we can see a price like 10.000$ per BTC
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 12:45:03 PM

Its not just the investors. Every person that uses bitcoin is involved and participated on the state of bitcoin's price. Because once the market cap decreases, bitcoin price will start to rise. Holders of bitcoin is one major cause of it then when they do panic selling bitcoin price will start to fall.

See everybody has to do with bitcoin prices, maybe small or not they are part of it.
aisyah88

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:49:28 PM

it is clear all want increase not decrease ... but we have to be professional in bitcoin any increase there must be decrease and do not forget us to be discouraged ... keep and keep spirit....
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:55:26 PM

It increased a lot because of the forks, and you can not deny it. Without bitcoin cash, the price could still be below $2800 because this is how it happened.
It went from $2500 to $3700 in just three days, and then with the other fork of bitcoin gold, it went from $4000 to $6000 in a few days, and with the segwitx2 fork, there was a lot of speculations about it and the price touched more than seven thousand dollars, but then there was a huge mess with this.
There are a lot of things that makes the difference on the price.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Laya Varghese

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:50:10 AM

It's value increase or decrease like everything else it's valued increase with the increase in the number of buyers and decrease with increase in the number of sellers.that depends on the many factors underneath.you can see it's value getting doubled from the last year with increasing number of users and it's going to go even higher in the future with more people Getting aware and willing to invest in it.
chilanx

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:01:10 AM

bitcoin is unstable currency,it is always increase and decreases.bitcoin cost is very high and it gives profits.we can not expect the bitcoin price.now it is very fine.
just a man

Activity: 266

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:12:18 AM

bitcoin is unstable currency,it is always increase and decreases.bitcoin cost is very high and it gives profits.we can not expect the bitcoin price.now it is very fine.
Looking at the price of Bitcoin from when it first began, the price of Bitcoin is only increasing. It will stay that way until the price goes down to zero or negative value.

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 09:14:16 AM

Bitcoin has a strong track record now. It may dip slightly but then it always bounces back higher and higher.

Its probably going to continue to just increase for at least another 5 to 10 years.

Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:21:56 AM

Bitcoins value still fluctuates so it is not stable. But I think this year the value of the coin will increase. Because even though it fluctuates so fast, it still ends up as high as the months past by.

ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:24:36 AM

When bitcoin fork, it is splits right? So that means that the forked new coin is separated to the original coin.

That also means that if you have a number of original bitcoin in your pocket, for example, 10 of them, that means you can also have the same number of new coins which is 10.
ReindeerOnMe

Activity: 245
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:26:45 AM

When bitcoin fork, it is splits right? So that means that the forked new coin is separated to the original coin.

That also means that if you have a number of original bitcoin in your wallet, for example, 10 of them, that means you can also have the same number of new coins which is 10.
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:30:16 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency uncontrolled by any one.So,its price either increases or decreases with increase or decrease in demand.But there are also some outer factors which some times decides the price.Factors like china banning bitcoin,forks to happen also affect bitcoin price.Its really hard to predict bitcoin price.But earlier before hard forks,people used to sell their bitcoins because of fear of price fall,but nowaays price increases before hard forks since people buy more bitcoins to get free coins after hard forks.
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:35:28 AM

Bitcoin is a good investment, but you need to remember that is a cryptocurrency, so the price can be unstable, and remember that is a long-time investment
And as we can see the price is growing up again
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: