Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get free Segwit2x for BTC holders  (Read 235 times)
Paulbounce (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:18:39 PM

Hello everyone.

I`m a newbie to CC so please bare with me. If you hold a small amount of BTC my understanding is you get an the same amount of Segwit2x when the fork has been implemented.

The trading platform I use has not stated it`s stance regarding this. I`m just about to transfer my BTC to a paper wallet, so my question is this. Will I still be able to claim the Segwit2x at a later date using a paper wallet as offline storage on the day of the fork.

Thanks in advance.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:26:09 PM

Yes. As long as you exclusively control the private keys of the wallet you are using, you can at anytime import those private keys to a B2X wallet and claim your B2X.
Which trading platform are you using? I know Bittrex stated yesterday that they will be crediting their users with B2X when the fork occurs.
Paulbounce (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:42:23 PM

Thanks Emoclaw. I`m on Kraken but not a word from them. The exchange seems to have been down for most of day too.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:17:00 PM

Hello everyone.

I`m a newbie to CC so please bare with me. If you hold a small amount of BTC my understanding is you get an the same amount of Segwit2x when the fork has been implemented.

The trading platform I use has not stated it`s stance regarding this. I`m just about to transfer my BTC to a paper wallet, so my question is this. Will I still be able to claim the Segwit2x at a later date using a paper wallet as offline storage on the day of the fork.

Thanks in advance.
Yes you can still claim it as long as you have the private key, manually claim it by importing your private key to a wallet that supports Segwit2x or wait for announcement on how you can do it. If you don't want to manually get your free B2X just store them temporarily to an exchange that will support it like Bitfinex and HitBTC they will automatically credit B2X coins to your account.
I`m on Kraken but not a word from them. The exchange seems to have been down for most of day too.
Kraken still not making any public announcement regarding Segwit2x hard fork until today. But I think they will not support Segwit2x because they did not signed for Bitcoin New York Agreement.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:19:46 PM

Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance.
Yes you will be able to claim your coins through a paper wallet but that is really much of a tedious task. You need to have a working segwit2x software wallet in your system along with all its files. Most easy way is to shift it to an exchange which is supporting it openly it wont take much fees and it will be easy to trade these coins if you want to. Moreover you would be among the first ones to get it.
tryer12

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:24:11 PM

Make sure you control your private keys in order to obtain your B2X coins.
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:28:53 PM

Yes. As long as you exclusively control the private keys of the wallet you are using, you can at anytime import those private keys to a B2X wallet and claim your B2X.
Which trading platform are you using? I know Bittrex stated yesterday that they will be crediting their users with B2X when the fork occurs.

Well nice hearing that news, and thanks by the way for the information. Yes you should probably secure your private keys for this coming fork, and aside from that you can have a part from it once you deposited to some exchanges also that supports this upcoming segwit, it might be risky but anyway just try.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
coindetective

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:29:29 PM

I suggest you set up a wallet on your PC, for example Electrum or Exodus. Then password protect it and move your coins to that wallet. After that, wait until SegWit2x fork takes place in just under 8 days.

Once that snapshot passes, I m sure there will be clear instructions on how to claim SegWit2x. However, if i were you, I would not expect much of that 2x coin.

Frank0209

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:39:45 PM

There are a lot of web wallets and exchanges, like Coinbase, Xapo, Bitfinex, HitBTC...., are going to support the upcoming hardfork so if you're a newbie I think it's better for you to keep your Bitcoin on these web wallets or exchanges to claim free B2X after the hardfork. There are also some off wallets going to support the hardfork but it's a little bit more difficult to claim B2X in these wallet cause you have to export your wallet privatekey then import them back when the hardfork is over.
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:55:27 PM

Yes, you are able to receive the 2x coins if your BTC is in the paper wallet at the time of fork. However please be careful when claiming the 2x coin with your private key. Look for a reliable wallet before claiming.
swaptaker

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:57:17 PM

There are a lot of web wallets and exchanges, like Coinbase, Xapo, Bitfinex, HitBTC...., are going to support the upcoming hardfork so if you're a newbie I think it's better for you to keep your Bitcoin on these web wallets or exchanges to claim free B2X after the hardfork. There are also some off wallets going to support the hardfork but it's a little bit more difficult to claim B2X in these wallet cause you have to export your wallet privatekey then import them back when the hardfork is over.

Correct I think. Bittrex and HitBTC will definitely support upcoming B2X fork.

It's enough to store your bitcoins in those exchanges wallets. They will give you B2X with 1:1 ratio you as you have bitcoins in your account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: