Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:15:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 GPU mining rig, issue with PSU  (Read 210 times)
Klcibones (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:26:21 PM

Hello all,

As you can imagine I'm a newbie here, and I'm building my 12 GPU mining rig, I started with 4 Nvidia and once I make it work and was stable for a month I decided to upgrade.
I find myself with 2 issues at the moment.

PSU:
I have 3 psu 2 800w and 1 1000W
On the 800 I have connected 4 rx580 each.
On the 1000 I have the 4 GTX 1070 and the motherboard.

I'm using the trick of the clip to turn on the psu at the moment but waiting for the add2psu to arrive.

Now the issue is that when I put 8 gpu to work all seems fine... no issues.

However when I start mining with 12 GPU after a while like 10 to 20 minutes 1 GPU crush, and stop mining after a few minutes that this happen the PSU crush too, and of course the whole system crush.

The weird thing is that the GPU that crush is connected to the other PSU and not the one that crush...

I have tried swapping pcie connectors, I have tried swapping GPU, I have tried swapping the usb connectors, but it's always the gpu7 that crushes.

Now I think it could be a motherboard issue, but I don't understand why the PSU crushes too, it really makes no sense.

As I can't mine just 1 coin using claymore's mining, I'm mining eth with 4 Nvidia and then I have another claymore open mining ubiq and siacoin with the amd.
I have tried shifting also This, but the result is the same.

Any ideas?

I will be very greatful for the help Smiley
Thanks!
BitcoinDiamond

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:48:12 PM

Questions:

What's your RAM and Virtual memory?

I think you have a few problems.

My guess is that you shouldn't have three separate PSUs as this can trip the mobo. That and the power you have doesn't sound like you have enough power. I have 4/5 GPU's to 1200W normally to be on the safe side.

And there may be an issue with your GPUs because you have both NVIDIA and AMD GPUs which are completely different. Not saying that they won't work together but they can cause issues.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: