Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin entering colleges and universities| DISCUSSION |  (Read 517 times)
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 04:51:24 PM

Video analysis : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dipy7IwXu4&t=0s

*Make sure to subscribe if you enjoy it

Question: How long do you think it will be until crypto currency classes are offered in colleges and Universities?

We even saw a beta test in australia where a university is giving away ethereum to its students. These sorts of ventures are very promising and will allow other countries and schools to adapt and try it out. These tests look to be going very smoothly and more and more people are going to peak interest when some more gains are being made.

We are even seeing elite schools like MIT which has a bitcoin club and is distributing $500k in bitcoin around the school and in programs.

Bitcoin is such a interesting technology and we will see in the future that crypto economics will be taught and fundamental crypto currency technology will be seen in middle schools and high schools throughout the country and world. As more money is made within the industry and since it is such a revolutionary and disruptive technology we will see more people getting into the field. The use of bitcoin training websites are growing, and since the age of open source projects is increasing we will see better ways to implement this system of teaching and learning. We are starting to connect minds across the world in a easy economy and so it is only a matter of time before we start to see this “brain disease” as the Anges Founder said in an interview. We are now seeing pop ups everywhere in the industry and so some investments made in the educational sector of crypto currency will certainly pay off as more people enter the space.

As more jobs arise from crypto currency, and as more “start ups” appear it will be more apparent that we need more teachers and professors giving classes on it. This can also give universities and colleges a competitive advantage in the recruiting process. Prospect students are going to be thirsty for cryptocurrency knowledge and experience and so I can see this grow in colleges and be a advertising and marketing point for them.

Positivebetting
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fattyforhire

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:39:19 PM

And all this information really confirms that bitcoin is serious, that this is not a bubble as many consider. In order to carry out manipulations with bitcoin, you need literacy, knowledge, and the more of them, the better. I myself would have enjoyed the training in such an educational institution.
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:55:17 PM

I've seen in some news (sorry, don't have the link) that in some universities they already have subjects dedicated to Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. But I think that at least for now there's not enough space in the education system. My bet is that cryptocurrency principles will be taught in many universities soon, but probably just as a part of a more general course... for example within cryptography classes.

D.Anand

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:02:04 PM

Blockhain as a course, already in a few colleges.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 08:35:18 PM

I've seen in some news (sorry, don't have the link) that in some universities they already have subjects dedicated to Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. But I think that at least for now there's not enough space in the education system. My bet is that cryptocurrency principles will be taught in many universities soon, but probably just as a part of a more general course... for example within cryptography classes.

Interesting, I will need to do more research then. I didn't know some places already had it in there system. I know there are training websites etc but I wasn't aware of any colleges or universities.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 10:07:51 PM

Is anyone taking a bitcoin or blockchain related course? Since the thread, a lot of colleges have started creating sample courses. If you aren't taking a course in school, how are you learning about cryptocurrency? Are you just doing research or taking a class online?

Positivebetting
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:59:10 PM

Yes, there are already some educational institutions where they talk about bitcoin and blockchain. That's very good. Over time, it will be taught more actively, as young people will really be more and more interested in technology.
arnelandvik

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 12:40:14 AM

I believe that such universities may contribute to the development of cryptocurrency. However, in this case, the question of the decentralization would finally cease to be discussed, and the privacy would have sunk into oblivion  Roll Eyes
Rkss4

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:02:57 AM

Day by day bitcoin becoming more popular among young generations, they are involving themselves in bitcoin as their daily purposes, shopping, travelling, education, building management, entertainment etc. So I believe bitcoin in university and colleges education.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
Loubap

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:06:12 PM

VERY SOON!
There is a project CampusCoin,  it will  facilitate the integration of a cryptocurrency on campuses across the globe, with academic information on blockchain , ATM at universities. It will be huge.
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:16:08 AM

Bitcoin entering colleges and universities could mean a good development to the over all development of bitcoin .
Getting college and universities students aware and accustomed to the usecase and potentials of bitcoin will drive up adoption rate of bitcoin exponentially.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:44:51 PM

With MIT introducing it to their students we will see the future crypto superstars develop new blockchain projects. Still waiting for other big start ups like EOS and their multi billion dollar product to develop, but they might be able to create something bigger

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2019, 12:56:55 AM

We haven't really been seeing a lot of advancements in this area since I posted the thread. Anyone care to add their input?

Positivebetting
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 10:07:35 AM

I am sure that will bring new people to come into the bitcoin world, and I think that people could learn so many things about bitcoin. I believe that many smart people from the college will interest to the blockchain and bitcoin at the same time and they will spend their time to learn more about bitcoin. They will contribute to the blockchain, especially if they have a skill in programming because they can support bitcoin and the other coin to be better than now. Besides that, now many young people are aware of the new technology, and they have a big curiosity about one thing, and they will search that thing until they understand the details.

I hope that it will happen soon, so we will see the adoption process will come from the university besides the public.
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 10:27:57 AM

Its good concept and probably it will take time to adopt. Its always good to see that universities are into this story but for the moment think that only high ranked universities  and schools can do this even as a test. Many dont like this idea but from point of view its good step forward and hopefully we will see it sooner then later. In general I support this idea and even it could be good for some future generation to pay scholarship directly with bitcoin or even ethereum. Hopefully we will see this in some near time to more then just beta or some test phase.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 17, 2019, 01:10:09 PM

Just like others said, there are already educational institutions that are offering blockchain courses, and for sure bitcoin would be included in such discussions. Grin

I would just like to share the post of my fellow Filipino who made this thread on our local board. This is a list of colleges and universities which offer blockchain courses in the Philippines. Here's the link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5145563.0
(Credits to the owner of the thread: asu; hope you don't mind me sharing your thread)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 11:45:53 AM

I know someone who discusses blockchain to IT graduating students in a certain school. I don't personally know him but just saw it on his social media account.

But it would really be great if blockchain technology and crypocurrency would be taught in college, not only for IT or any related courses, but also with other course program to educate them about the technological advancement. They can also benefit from it not only IT students. Since in the future, technology will continue to advance and giving everyone a knowledge about it can make them be aware of the development of technologies.

rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 02:12:39 PM

Blockhain as a course, already in a few colleges.
Yes, but not Crypto Currency As is(such as Courses focused on Bitcoin , ETH, and other Crypto Currencies). I guess, Universities will not focus on offering courses related to Crypto Currencies , it will still be discussed as an examples but not the main topic, I have seen a Blockchain course for Beginner but it only focuses on the benefits of blockchain, blockchain essentials and the existing platforms for Blockchain Solutions, Bitcoin was discussed but a sample that is not  related to Blockain for business. As far as i remember Bitcoin was mentioned that Blockchain was first seen on the birth of Bitcoin, i maybe wrong with the wordings.
You can check the course here: https://cognitiveclass.ai/courses/blockchain-course/ , I'm not sure if the lesson was already updated.
Sexaphiliac
Copper Member

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 03:38:29 PM

The encouragement of crypto-education and awareness in tertiary institutions is a welcome one. Even in Africa, proj3cts like Luno encourage such by creating meetups and seminars on campuses in order to ensure that students become aware of the blockchain space and the opportunities that exist. This will further aid its widespread adoption as youths are more welcoming to technological innovations.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 05:31:03 PM

Idea in general is good. At least for educational purpose of the entire educational facility. For example in my town local university added some optional subject for IT that are blockchain and bitcoin related. This may good for some future generation of student to see that modern technologies can be learn. My concern is what and how will they teach them if someone take this as optional subject.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: