Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:39:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will SegWit2x lead to Bitcoin price decline by End of November?  (Read 320 times)
CoinPowerProject (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:04:57 PM

Analysts including Woo and Tom Lee of Fundstrat have emphasized for many months that the SegWIt2x hard fork scheduled to be executed on November 16 could very likely lead to a major price correction, as a small portion of bitcoin investors who have allocated their funds from alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins) to bitcoin with the sole purpose of obtaining the newly created SegWit2x coins or B2X reallocate their funds back to altcoins.

What do you think about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:14:49 PM

Yeah definitely after split of a bitcoin price start decreasing but this time price will not decrease too much, it willl be in between 5800$ to 6000$.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:32:04 PM

After every fork, there is always a sharp decline in Bitcoin price. This is because before the fork, people were acquiring more bitcoins so as benefit from the fork. Then after the fork, all the money thrown into Bitcoin is gradually pulled out into other alts.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:35:13 PM

Analysts including Woo and Tom Lee of Fundstrat have emphasized for many months that the SegWIt2x hard fork scheduled to be executed on November 16 could very likely lead to a major price correction, as a small portion of bitcoin investors who have allocated their funds from alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins) to bitcoin with the sole purpose of obtaining the newly created SegWit2x coins or B2X reallocate their funds back to altcoins.

I really do hope for that, because i want to invest a more serious amount of money in btc (yeah, fucking late)

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:35:59 PM

It a normal thing and even us normal investors would really assume that thing to happen which we did already actually see on those past forks which people accumulate bitcoin as much as they can which would really affect bitcoins price and later on theres a correction but it ends up always on recovering its price and do reach out new ATH instead of a hard dump on which those most analyst do criticize for. Expect always the unexpected and this thing is really just normal for bitcoin since it do have volatile price.
tulakill

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:44:17 PM

Whales wear it up. or what's the plot? I do not believe in bitcoin. and the whales did not move. There will definitely be a trap. let's see . if bitcoin down 4k. I will sell the house. and buy bitcoin Shocked Shocked
johnson4218

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:46:54 PM

if bitcoin down 4k. do not hesitate. That is the only chance. and will not happen again. bitcoin will fly away. and if possible. Please buy now. whales will make the price. It will be very difficult for us. hope
buytheeffinD

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:01:53 PM

if bitcoin down 4k. do not hesitate. That is the only chance. and will not happen again. bitcoin will fly away. and if possible. Please buy now. whales will make the price. It will be very difficult for us. hope

I think a correction was coming always but to go to 4k may be a little low estimate for my range. It is possible for sure but look at what has happened since Segwit2x cancellation news broke. BTC has gone up 10% today this

has no sign of slowing down makes you wonder what is driving this surge up despite the cancel...

Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:23:12 PM

Each chain-split where the new chain gain some support always lead to price decline to the current chain, so i would say bitcoin price will be decline a bit for few weeks after SegWit2x hard fork and chain-split.
But this was already proved wrong from bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold fork we have this year.

Both of the splitted chain fails to gain support from both miners and users so it hadn't affected bitcoin's price. However it is also true that if bitcoin2x will get majority of miner's support than bitcoin price can decline significantly.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:26:55 PM

I think not,people probably dump the segwit coin and go on with bitcoin
BTC price will decline because people will back to invest in other altcoin once again
CoinPowerProject (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:21:30 AM

I really do hope for that, because i want to invest a more serious amount of money in btc (yeah, fucking late)
[/quote]

It is not late to invest to btc, the price will move down to 3.000 , this is some price as was all summer time (around 2700 - 2900 )
CoinPowerProject (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:27:30 AM

Each chain-split where the new chain gain some support always lead to price decline to the current chain, so i would say bitcoin price will be decline a bit for few weeks after SegWit2x hard fork and chain-split.
But this was already proved wrong from bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold fork we have this year.

Both of the splitted chain fails to gain support from both miners and users so it hadn't affected bitcoin's price. However it is also true that if bitcoin2x will get majority of miner's support than bitcoin price can decline significantly.

Now the situation change and Bitcoin Cash has real chance to be "right" Bitcoin, number one. SegWit2x waiting us in the near future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: