Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:09:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin SegWit2x Fork [B2X] Got Cancelled  (Read 2969 times)
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:13:27 PM

I think this is going to help altcoins and new ICO as people are going to be more inclined to invest into them. But the price of Bitcoin is still very high.
KillyGon

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:16:31 PM

this issue true or not
if true and segwit2x cancel, when can realized segwit2, or cancel and never segwit2x again
iam hear if segwit2x can delay and release in may 2018
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:20:26 PM

Hard to know how this will affect the market, the price has remained steady for BTC, on one side it takes away many risks and brings more confidence and stability but its hard to know if it will drop much due to money flowing back into alts.

The other thing to watch is the price of BCH, will it become stronger and continue to grow in price as an alternative to 2x with 8mb block size, lower fees and faster transaction.  Undecided

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:56:48 AM

I just read something on twitter that there is another team that lay claim to the 30% hash rate that say they are going forward with SegWit2x, I just believe someone somewhere will push through this, it now depend on exchanges to list them.
Ish_Rox

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:14:24 AM

Yes.It is true.However, I heard this news early in the morning. "SegWit2X Suspending plans for the upcoming 2MB upgrade."
I hate this news.Because I bought some bitcoins to get segwit×2 coin and free money.Finally It's only a daydream.
😐
eXpl0sive (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:17:08 AM

Yes.It is true.However, I heard this news early in the morning. "SegWit2X Suspending plans for the upcoming 2MB upgrade."
I hate this news.Because I bought some bitcoins to get segwit×2 coin and free money.Finally It's only a daydream.

You did well. Just HODL onto your bitcoins and you'll be fine. B2X was a short-term profit but bad for Bitcoin ecosystem as whole, it was an attack on the very principles on which Bitcoin is built. Not that's suspended, the faith is restored in Bitcoin and there will be no stopping. You're on the right side, just wait and watch.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kelly19

Activity: 80

Proof-of-Asset Protocol

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:32:45 AM

Every encryptcurrency enthusiast has the same concerns, because some people's interests, if they divide BTC, are likely to lead to the demise of BTC, which everyone is not willing to see.
engrshu

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:53:40 AM

I think this is going to help altcoins and new ICO as people are going to be more inclined to invest into them. But the price of Bitcoin is still very high.

It will surely help altcoins, and that's good news for us. But because alts are quite high, there is a huge chance that investors will choose altcoins over btc, and might lead to the dip of value of btc. But I think the descention of the value will not occur that long, for sure btc will become high again.

[
DanWalker

Activity: 1946
Merit: 546

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:46:12 AM

There can be uncertainty at the market because of this news. I hope BTC dominance rate will reduce so alts would rise once again.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:15:29 PM

There can be uncertainty at the market because of this news. I hope BTC dominance rate will reduce so alts would rise once again.
If you look up the charts, they already have started rising again. Quite a few alts have jumped in price quite a lot just today, so it's safe to assume that the bull markets will be starting again now.
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:22:59 PM

I guess it was the  best thing that's happened so far, some may agree.
But i like to see the positive that a change might bring to Bitcoin and to the traders.
Bitcoin would drop in value then gain value again, depending on the adaptation of the Coin.
I wonder what forks 2018 will bring, if any!
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:25:24 PM

If Segwit2x is cancelled does that mean that Bitcoin Silver is cancelled too. Will there be a fork in December or is it all left for 2k18 now?
It's all good news i guess for now.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:30:48 PM

Digusting Coinbase tricksters are trying to maintain uncertainty until the last second:

https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/928476503062462464

We are actively monitoring today’s update on Bitcoin Segwit2x and will provide an update in the coming days.

Unbelievable. Even after everyone backs out they still give some half assed reply. Maybe some of these idiots are holding segwit2x futures.
MyLucky7

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:35:51 PM

this issue true or not
if true and segwit2x cancel, when can realized segwit2, or cancel and never segwit2x again
iam hear if segwit2x can delay and release in may 2018

The cancellation is true.

There is no release plan in may 2018.
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:43:26 PM

They still believe scaling is necessary. The plans are suspended, not canceled.

As fees rise on the blockchain, we believe it will eventually become obvious that on-chain capacity increases are necessary. When that happens, we hope the community will come together and find a solution, possibly with a blocksize increase. Until then, we are suspending our plans for the upcoming 2MB upgrade.

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-November/000685.html

Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:24:58 PM

If Segwit2x is cancelled does that mean that Bitcoin Silver is cancelled too. Will there be a fork in December or is it all left for 2k18 now?
It's all good news i guess for now.

i don't think silver will be cancelled

llbrunoll

Activity: 96

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:08:10 PM

They still believe scaling is necessary. The plans are suspended, not canceled.

As fees rise on the blockchain, we believe it will eventually become obvious that on-chain capacity increases are necessary. When that happens, we hope the community will come together and find a solution, possibly with a blocksize increase. Until then, we are suspending our plans for the upcoming 2MB upgrade.

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-segwit2x/2017-November/000685.html

That is why it is still trading. It is not canceled. B2X will keep trading. It is alive.
joshmontford

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:18:09 PM

now bitcoin price is going up and down like crazy. price is stabilizing, which is nice. we will see how will it look like in a day or two.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3664

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 07:31:25 PM

it is bad news for newbie that want to make some money from hold bitcoin and who want to add more bitcoins (like me  Grin) because all think price will down more than 1,000$ after new fork happen but now price will down with small price and will correct it fast (less than 1 week ) then back to rise to the Galaxy  .
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 07:35:16 PM

That's a great news! Faith in humanity restored. Divided BTC community found a way out of this madness. Long live crypto!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: