Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brainstorming: What can a Bot do to improve your day ?  (Read 441 times)
CryptoMonitorBot (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Crypto Monitoring Bot is life =)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:09:08 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2017, 08:05:05 PM by CryptoMonitorBot

Hi Everyone,

As you might know, I'm the founder of CryptoMonitor | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321383.0

I'm looking to upgrade the bot with new ideas and projects.
I have already a few ideas in mind (you will find them in the roadmap) but I would like some more representative ideas.

Each person have a different perspective of the Crypto world and that would be great to know what can be do to improve it.
I guess there's a lot of developers around here and your advise can be useful.

So, what can a program / bot do to improve your day ?

Best regards!

Ian

CryptoMonitor.tech 🔹 Telegram Bot 🔹 Alerts 🔹 MultiConverter 🔹 BittrexTicker 🔹 Wallet checker
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:45:52 PM

I had a few suggestions for your bot and it would help me if it provided the following responses:

1) Would it be possible for the bot to draw a chart from a particular date rate that I input and display the price in a line chart with a link to view it?
2) It would also be helpful to know the current mempool transactions for Bitcoin, possibly the number of unconfirmed transactions by just asking the bot and similarly the ability to ask the bot the current fastest and cheapest fee to pay to get my transaction confirmed quicker even before I make it.
3) Be alterted when the mempool transaction reaches a low number. By being alterted I mean would allow me to set it.

I know this isn't more of a price related request, but something simliar would help keep me alerted about the unconfirmed transactions situation.
CryptoMonitorBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 07:57:41 PM

I had a few suggestions for your bot and it would help me if it provided the following responses:

1) Would it be possible for the bot to draw a chart from a particular date rate that I input and display the price in a line chart with a link to view it?
2) It would also be helpful to know the current mempool transactions for Bitcoin, possibly the number of unconfirmed transactions by just asking the bot and similarly the ability to ask the bot the current fastest and cheapest fee to pay to get my transaction confirmed quicker even before I make it.
3) Be alterted when the mempool transaction reaches a low number. By being alterted I mean would allow me to set it.

1) Yes it would be possible.
The bot can send a picture. The data are available, so the only complicated part is find a chart generator that provide a nice chart.
The link seems also something doable.

2) By mempool, do you mean the actual number of unconfirmed transactions ?
If so, now the bot supports /unconfirmed command, which gives to the total Unconfirmed bitcoin transactions.
I will integrate this command to the Inline command menu.

How can we calculate the lowest fee to quickly proceed a transaction ?  Huh

3) Also, I can log this number and provide target alerts, that's something I can do! Good idea my friend!

I know this isn't more of a price related request, but something simliar would help keep me alerted about the unconfirmed transactions situation.

Actually this is exactly the kind of things I was looking for. I want to provide a very useful tool, globally, and that needs multiple points of view.

Cheers!

CryptoMonitor.tech 🔹 Telegram Bot 🔹 Alerts 🔹 MultiConverter 🔹 BittrexTicker 🔹 Wallet checker
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:54:38 AM

In what aspects of life are you refering to? if you mean, on work time, there are a lot of things that a bot can do in order to improve the job or making it much more easier.
I know a guy who developed a bot in order to make his work almost useless, and he sold that bot to the company in where he was working for, he made a lot of money from that and now almost all the companies that are working with those kind of instruments have that bot.
All those jobs who are working with humans are going to be replaced by those kind of machines soon.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CryptoMonitorBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 10:48:53 AM

In what aspects of life are you refering to?

I'm referring to everything about Crypto currencies.
Wether you are a trader, an investor, or just a crypto enthusiast.

The point is to make your life easier by monitoring assets and trending and providing tools.

Like xrdpx said, provide a 1 key option to calculate the optimal BTC transaction fee is a good example.

olympuslabsbc

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:21:32 PM

Does your bot give end-of-day summaries? If not that could be useful!
CryptoMonitorBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

Does your bot give end-of-day summaries? If not that could be useful!

Could you be more specific about what you mean by summaries ?

xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:42:27 PM

1) Yes it would be possible.
The bot can send a picture. The data are available, so the only complicated part is find a chart generator that provide a nice chart.
The link seems also something doable.

2) By mempool, do you mean the actual number of unconfirmed transactions ?
If so, now the bot supports /unconfirmed command, which gives to the total Unconfirmed bitcoin transactions.
I will integrate this command to the Inline command menu.

How can we calculate the lowest fee to quickly proceed a transaction ?  Huh

3) Also, I can log this number and provide target alerts, that's something I can do! Good idea my friend!

Actually this is exactly the kind of things I was looking for. I want to provide a very useful tool, globally, and that needs multiple points of view.

Cheers!

For the fee's I'd suggest you to look into the developer API for Bitcoin fee's by Earn.com (https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/api). All you'll need to do is to read their JSON file https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/api/v1/fees/recommended to fetch the fastest fee. You could then set polling to poll for every 10-15 minutes to check for updates to the JSON values.

For the charts, I have been working on a project of my own where in I would take the user's input for the from and to date ranges, and then replace the API URL from coindesk's API with those values to display the chart using vuechartJS (basically Chart.js, for example: https://api.coindesk.com/v1/bpi/historical/close.json?start=2013-09-01&end=2013-09-05). You can probably also make use of google charts if needed.

I'm glad you have considered by inputs, let me know if you need to know anything else on how to fetch the above data from JSON and create interactive charts. I'll be glad to help.
CryptoMonitorBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 08:18:15 PM by CryptoMonitorBot

For the fee's I'd suggest you to look into the developer API for Bitcoin fee's by Earn.com (https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/api). All you'll need to do is to read their JSON file https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/api/v1/fees/recommended to fetch the fastest fee. You could then set polling to poll for every 10-15 minutes to check for updates to the JSON values.

Done Smiley

/txfees

Command will provide the Bitcoin Recommended Transaction Fees
Thanks for the suggestion and technical advise.

For the chart I will keep that in mind for some futures developments.
For the moment I need more people using the bot, so heavy dev will worth it  Smiley

Here is the Roadmap
Which already includes the 2 new commands following your suggestion.

Cheers!

CryptoMonitorBot (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 09:05:05 PM

Just did it!

https://cryptomonitor.tech/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Crypto-Trendings.png

Trendings function with notification system almost ready!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: