Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:06:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x cancellation discussion  (Read 2223 times)
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:39:32 AM

It's good news as it will send BTC even higher. It shows that BTC is the one an king of kings.

Yes, Good News indeed. Bitcoin will be more higher in price now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lorya

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:46:13 AM

It's good news as it will send BTC even higher. It shows that BTC is the one an king of kings.

Bitcoin can continue its course quietly without risk of breakage.  Smiley

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:48:31 AM

NOW, there is consensus (for the near future) thus......the only thing in BTC's way now is no longer 'internal' strife of a major note

but just the usual , adoption and real world FUD

I expect the Alts bucket to fill up for a bit ....catch up ..and then hopefully, btc will pump to 10-11k as folk state by say March 1st 2018

Actually, I think there is more drama incoming. Just wait until the Bitcoin Cash guys start their marketing push. They're already giving us a taste, with Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, Calvin Ayre, Kim Dotcom, Craig Wright/Jon Matonis and others shilling for them.

Now that 2X is out of the way and the CEOs that backed it are probably feeling salty, BCH is the obvious answer for them. The chart looks healthy, too, as much as I hate to say it. My guess is that the next major FUD/attack/competition will come from that angle.

ZaynDale

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:54:47 AM

Segwit2x aims for better scalability of Bitcoin like increasing blocksize capacity. But they didn't close the issue, they just cancel the implementation of the fork and that's decision happened when they're approaching to the block that was going to full. They're still pushing the fork because this debate was started around May this year and they're still pushing it but the exact date still unknown.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ZaynDale

Activity: 238

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:58:59 AM

Everytime there's hard forks the Bitcoin value will even being pumped so analysts said that the role of creating a fork is to increase Bitcoin's value, well, they were right. Segwit2x is canceled or not Bitcoin will continue to rise because people wanted to invest more and a lot of people also are gaining profits on trading cryptocurrencies.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:03:58 AM

Video analysis : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XlstCRTLM

It will be very interesting to see how the price of bitcoin is affected, I know a lot of people that bought into bitcoin because they wanted the "free coin". It is currently up around 2% however the news is so new that people are likely still analysis it. I know I am personally glad they didn't go through with it, and am very happy with the way the crypto currency community is involved. I like the idea that the community/miners/investors etc can reject it.

What are your thoughts on it?

You can vote if you were for or against it here : https://twitter.com/cryptoassetnews/status/928439080714670080

I am really taken back by their decision to suddenly cancel it, I was aware that the segwit2x was not getting much support but that would lead to cancellation is a surprise, last night post the cancellation it shot up and then it's settled lower, now I feel there will be selling as people who brought for free coins shall sell it, however I feel price could boom also as people would now move into it with more freedom and without worry of fork.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:48:11 AM

Segwit2 cancellation has made so much noise in the bitcoin community. Especially that the cancellation has made a good push to the value of bitcoin, now geqring towards the 8,000 mark. but i think everything is designed to get the attention of everyone on bitcoin. And their strategy is doing a real good job. The btc balue will continue going up.

MarkusIsaiah

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:52:45 AM

I don't disagree with Segwit2x but i am thankful that it was cancelled and that is a good move on the developers because there is no point pushing segwit2x if it is not stable and lots of bugs. It will just bring down BTC price and there will be more fork that will happen in the future without solving the problem.
Bestcoin-fan

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:16:18 AM

I am so much happy the 2xers have heeded the voice of reason and abandoned their insane venture!

2 Mb blocks may be discussed, anybody can create their own 2+ mb altcoin, etc.
But 2x fork was not supposed to be a fair altcoin! It had been going to forcibly seize the Bitcoin. That was one of the worst attacks against the Bitcoin.

But the merciful Lord has saved the Bitcoin, and all of us (Bitcoin holders) as well!

And now I think, maybe those 2xers are not so bad, as anyone can be mistaken, the most important thing is to have the courage, honesty and wisdom to admit that you were not quite right.

Donate BTC: 1EeAXetny8pdoAZ4gyhDwnoMUxoTNGyKSz
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:01:32 AM

NOW, there is consensus (for the near future) thus......the only thing in BTC's way now is no longer 'internal' strife of a major note

but just the usual , adoption and real world FUD

I expect the Alts bucket to fill up for a bit ....catch up ..and then hopefully, btc will pump to 10-11k as folk state by say March 1st 2018

Actually, I think there is more drama incoming. Just wait until the Bitcoin Cash guys start their marketing push. They're already giving us a taste, with Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, Calvin Ayre, Kim Dotcom, Craig Wright/Jon Matonis and others shilling for them.

Now that 2X is out of the way and the CEOs that backed it are probably feeling salty, BCH is the obvious answer for them. The chart looks healthy, too, as much as I hate to say it. My guess is that the next major FUD/attack/competition will come from that angle.

I think BCH will just be a fork....of Bitcoin. In fact, I see many forks's of this type....why make an ICO? (soon to be regulated or illegal) why make an ALT coin from scratch and start out with it as a penny and years to gain price? .... why start any coins with a new protocol or hardware like x11 when you can just make a snapshot and jump your coin off the bitcoin fork..

By forking of Bitcoin, using Bitcoin Gold as an example of how not to do something like this prudently, your vaporware (IMHO) ALT coin fork, like Bitcoin Gold, hits the world in $ and not just cents per coin.....

why would you make an ALT coin today in any other manner..then just fork off Bitcoin?

Thus, BCH will be the first Bitcoin ALT fork of many, many to come...like it or not ...but won't replace BTC any of them...

anyway, how I see it panning out

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
roshanface123

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:16:25 AM

Even i am happy with the decision most of the coins in my portfolio even though very less i recently started trading it was in loss everyday checking whole portfolio was in red . Now am glad that some of my holdings are showing green . Hope soon Bitcoin price will decrease will reach 5K arround . So that i can recover my bitcoin investment .
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:35:55 AM

Even i am happy with the decision most of the coins in my portfolio even though very less i recently started trading it was in loss everyday checking whole portfolio was in red . Now am glad that some of my holdings are showing green . Hope soon Bitcoin price will decrease will reach 5K arround . So that i can recover my bitcoin investment .

They are showing green because you cut your losses, sold, and think it's all blank now?Cheesy Sorry, but past deeds don't disappear. If you sold at a loss you sold at a loss, that's all. I'm happy that it got cancelled as it wasn't ready and had not enough support. They knew it and got out. Give it a few days and we'll go up again.

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 03:22:28 PM

Video analysis : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XlstCRTLM

It will be very interesting to see how the price of bitcoin is affected, I know a lot of people that bought into bitcoin because they wanted the "free coin". It is currently up around 2% however the news is so new that people are likely still analysis it. I know I am personally glad they didn't go through with it, and am very happy with the way the crypto currency community is involved. I like the idea that the community/miners/investors etc can reject it.

What are your thoughts on it?

You can vote if you were for or against it here : https://twitter.com/cryptoassetnews/status/928439080714670080

I am really taken back by their decision to suddenly cancel it, I was aware that the segwit2x was not getting much support but that would lead to cancellation is a surprise, last night post the cancellation it shot up and then it's settled lower, now I feel there will be selling as people who brought for free coins shall sell it, however I feel price could boom also as people would now move into it with more freedom and without worry of fork.

I just like the fact that peoples opinions were able to play a role, and it is not dominated by 1 person.

Positivebetting
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:26:13 AM

Apparently the main forces are the Whales (large Chinese mining pools, they also own more bitcoins) and the bitcoin core, plus whales are still actively speculating on this, it has canceled already a bunch of times! 100% speculation! But the fact that it can not happen in any way suggests that most likely they can not reach consensus in any way!!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: