Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This shit needs to STOP imo.  (Read 800 times)
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:07:24 PM

Copy pasted from reddit:

(And i totally agree!)

days and days in suspense of this hardfork. Watching ur alts bleed to death. ICO's tanking.

And now the fork is not cancelled....no.... suspended. THIS ALTBLEED BTC PUMP NEEDS TO STOP! IT just plain fn SUCKS!

China sucked, now these shit fn forks all the time. Pump and dumps. Bitcoin just went from 7900+ to 7400- In a matter of minutes!

Reddit:

So.... this was just a cash grab and a shitton of insider Trading?
Step 1: buy BTC after BTG fork at a low.
Step 2: announce contentious hard fork for "free coins"
Step 3: hold BTC and watch price skyrocket and alts bleed.
Step 4: start dumping BTC around 7k and accumulate cheap alts.
Step 5: announce cancellation of fork.
Step 6: watch alts peak and sell at +30-50% profit off alts, and get back into BTC.
Step 7: start planning the next fork.

masterbt

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:15:37 PM

This is a continuous trend. As long as price increases there are more fork will happen and it will be big hit or miss.

||
My Idea Helped You, GIFT BTC
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:18:17 PM

People are giving way too much weight to these forks. The forks will not destroy bitcoin. They will simply shake away the weak hands and allow bitcoin to consolidate for its next uptrend. As I have said repeatedly, bitcoin always bounces back from media fear-mongering.
tj4dmx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:19:32 PM

Yes,it goes on and on till 1 satoshi could be exchanged for $1 !!
kicktracer011

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:21:50 PM

The amount of changes right now are detrimental to bitcoin imho.

I am an amateur in BTC and it was all very confusing when they started the split. Took me a while to get read up on that.
sylance

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:38:44 PM

Yea, Bitcoin has been a test of patience and stamina.  Between China and all these forks it's been near impossible to predict day to day trends.  I use a trading bot and it's been a huge up and down ride.  I've decided to put 10% into trading and 90% into buy-n-forget into a few coins I plan to hold for years: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, DeepOnion.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Bonanzacoin (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:18:33 PM

Also, people that bought Segwit2x futures just got wiped out. "you know what, we cancel the fork"

"YOU KNOW WHAT?, FUCK YOU!"

FUCK (THE CENTRALISATION OF) BITCOIN
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:20:36 PM

Understandable so. But I don't think it was intentional. Probably the devs saw something important and thought it was security risk.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:22:10 PM

Also, people that bought Segwit2x futures just got wiped out. "you know what, we cancel the fork"

Are you mining or running a node?
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:26:32 PM

Some people that try to do a fork are probably legitimately trying to come up with a better version of Bitcoin. Others like this Segwit fork are just trying to take control and piggyback on the success of Bitcoin.

I think that based on the 9 years of Bitcoin’s history of surviving when most people criticized and dismissed it, BTC will remain as the real Bitcoin. These forks are going to produce altcoins, but it will be hard to supplant Bitcoin as the leader. The best chance of a coin having a greater market cap is just a new altcoin that builds up a track record like Etherium.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:29:00 PM

it's a free market running free doing its best to screw as many people as possible. i'm kinda impressed it's not even more disgusting than it has been over the years and i think we're gonna discover some truly appalling things about how the exchanges have been operating when they're wiped out by bigger and better operations.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:33:21 PM

Copy pasted from reddit:

(And i totally agree!)

days and days in suspense of this hardfork. Watching ur alts bleed to death. ICO's tanking.

And now the fork is not cancelled....no.... suspended. THIS ALTBLEED BTC PUMP NEEDS TO STOP! IT just plain fn SUCKS!

China sucked, now these shit fn forks all the time. Pump and dumps. Bitcoin just went from 7900+ to 7400- In a matter of minutes!

Reddit:

So.... this was just a cash grab and a shitton of insider Trading?
Step 1: buy BTC after BTG fork at a low.
Step 2: announce contentious hard fork for "free coins"
Step 3: hold BTC and watch price skyrocket and alts bleed.
Step 4: start dumping BTC around 7k and accumulate cheap alts.
Step 5: announce cancellation of fork.
Step 6: watch alts peak and sell at +30-50% profit off alts, and get back into BTC.
Step 7: start planning the next fork.

This is what i thought too Smiley.  Mostly they knew people reaction on certain event.  Those who know the flow and ride it can easily get rich with this scheme.  Oh well nothing to do with this but ride and get the share of profit.  It would only be a waste and most will look at us a crybaby if we whine about this.  Sad but true.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:51:07 PM

You should already be used to the volatility of bitcoin and, in fact, all the crypts. I even think that taking into account the great importance of the latest news, the price of bitcoin remained fairly stable, staying in a similar range to the previous days despite the erratic behavior of a few hours ago.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:53:30 PM

I don't see how the cancellation of the fork is a bad thing for bitcoin, it shows how the dominant chain is the lasting one and therefore does nothing to harm its reputation. the price shouldn't fluctuate by much.
warboat

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:59:38 PM

That is good, because futures trading is just gambling on a number and they need to be punished.
Hopefully this will put a dent on Fork betting.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:03:59 PM

The reason that alts are falling is because most of them are scams or junk.
The king of the alts, ETH keeps getting hacked. It was pumped up due to massive scam icos which are being made illegal around the world now.

It’s good that bitcoin is regaining its dominance, most of its competitors are junk.
Pixie.Star*

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:04:26 PM

I'd be happy if they would just put an end to this constant hard fork madness. The constant focus on this is just ridiculous.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:07:43 PM

You should know that this kind of actions in the market will never stop, dump/pump will always exist because everybody wants to make money, and those who have larger amounts of altcoins/bitcoins are always going to do whatever they want, i mean, if they want to pump a small ico, they can do it, because they probably have more funds than the whole project.
but yes, this was a little bit dissesperating, i have never expected to see that they were going to do this, oh my god, it needs to stop now, but it is impossible.

Hello
warboat

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:06:32 PM

Some people that try to do a fork are probably legitimately trying to come up with a better version of Bitcoin. Others like this Segwit fork are just trying to take control and piggyback on the success of Bitcoin.

I think that based on the 9 years of Bitcoin’s history of surviving when most people criticized and dismissed it, BTC will remain as the real Bitcoin. These forks are going to produce altcoins, but it will be hard to supplant Bitcoin as the leader. The best chance of a coin having a greater market cap is just a new altcoin that builds up a track record like Etherium.

Etherium is not a good example right about now with the Parity bug causing millions to be frozen and needing a fork to unlock it.
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:27:23 PM

And now that the whole thing with ethereum has been hacked, it means that everybody can be really exposed to everything and we can be easily hacked by anyone, this is very shady, but it can really happen and a lot of people are trying to do it now that they have the opportunity to do it.
Some people are becoming evil because everybody is dissesperate for money, and they are trying to do anything in order to get it by the easy way, like those dump and pumps groups.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████