Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:38:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AIR DROPS  (Read 398 times)
ImNewAnDontKnowWhat2Do (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:47:23 PM

I'm new to the AIR DROP scene. Can someone give a brief synopsis of AIR DROPS and Threads associated with them on here? What are the requirements to view the threads?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodyn

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Airdrops are everywhere in this forum. Have a look in the altcoins section.
ImNewAnDontKnowWhat2Do (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:09:03 PM

There's specific ones I'm looking for, and i get a message that says I don't have access to threads. My question is: How do I acquire access? By posting more? Whats the requirements?
blazsqd

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:45:15 PM

There's specific ones I'm looking for, and i get a message that says I don't have access to threads. My question is: How do I acquire access? By posting more? Whats the requirements?
Where did you find the message you don't have access to threads ? i think every one can joined the airdrop it's free.. but back again how about they rules.
Maybe with post more, then you need a higher rank to get in.
clip123

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:08:50 PM

Check the alts board. They always have something going on and sometimes free. Be careful of the scams and read the posted threads - these have good information to get started.

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
acetouryahey

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:14:37 PM

I'm new to the AIR DROP scene. Can someone give a brief synopsis of AIR DROPS and Threads associated with them on here? What are the requirements to view the threads?

you can directly go to Alternate cryptocurrencies under that go to Announcements (Altcoins) then Tokens. Theirs a lot of Airdrops there. No othere requirements to view other post there is filtered depends of what level you are..as long you have the requirements to join airdrop like. MEW/Metamask/Imtoken eth address, Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, and ect.
peynman

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:24:51 PM

There is no requirement for access on threads like airdrop. And in order to join we must follow all the rules that's all. And there are a lot of airdrops here everywhere.  Smiley
bbymi

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:21:31 AM

If you can post in the threads then you can view them too, i haven't encountered restrictions on viewing threads.  Maybe you mean restricted to join certain airdrops for being a newbie? That i can confirm.  But no need to worry,  there are a lot of airdrops and even bounty campaigns that are newbie-friendly 😊 just need patience and perseverance in going through the alcoin threads

And of course,  better to target  higher rank in forums so as to be able to join more programs
milindabandara

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:30:50 AM

What is the point of arranging a Airdrop in a ICO event?

ICO pre-sale is to collect the funds. Smiley

ICO bounties for the advertising the project and make a buzz among the society. Roll Eyes

But, What is for Airdrops? What do they get from it?  Huh Huh Huh
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:37:09 AM

You need to learn what an airdrop is.

An airdrop can only come from a hard fork...where you are granted coins (for no effort on your part) equal to the number of coins you have on the blockchain that is being forked.

What people most confuse airdrops with are ICOs or compensation. ICOs are the initial offering of coins from a new blockchain (literally, initial coin offering). A lot of people that advertise for new coins get an allotment of those coins as payment for having done the advertising. This is called income...not an airdrop.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:46:29 AM

An airdrop can only come from a hard fork...where you are granted coins (for no effort on your part) equal to the number of coins you have on the blockchain that is being forked.
Incorrect. Not always the case. This may also be a form of airdrop but that's from hard forks. Airdrop is a free giveaway of pre-mined coins by the devs. This is another way of distributing coins/tokens other than ICOs which is the opposite since they sell their tokens. Following that definition, basically, you won't lose anything since it's free and the required thing to do is to just submit your eth address (most of the cases, mew) and they will send free coins there.
tornikejr

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:49:01 AM

So if i want to receive airdropped tokens i must have some amount of ether in my wallet?

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
iamntyagi1*

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:49:05 AM

Airdrops are the free tokens which are distributed for free in return of some social media and other way support to the community.
dillpicklechips

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:51:55 AM

So if i want to receive airdropped tokens i must have some amount of ether in my wallet?
Read my post above regarding what an airdrop is.

Back to your question, no. You can receive your airdrop tokens without ether in your wallet but you need ether to send your airdrop tokens to an exchange which you will sell for bitcoin (for an example).

Airdrops are the free tokens which are distributed for free in return of some social media and other way support to the community.
No. This is called a campaign. Those who are conducting airdrops can hold a campaign to spread the word. You can join here so you can earn more tokens in addition to the airdrop tokens (free tokens) that you received.
mjacer

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:00:08 AM

Airdrops are free tokens given by the developer of the certain project.

But take note that in participating in an airdrop you have to have the following
 - twitter
 - facebook
 - telegram
 - bitcointalk account
 - Ethereum Wallet address (e.g. myetherwallet)
 - email address

Requirement varies dependent on the project.
Some requires all, some eth wallet and email only, some requires twitter follow and retweet etc.

You can see here in the forum many airdrops.
tornikejr

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:21:14 AM

Read my post above regarding what an airdrop is.

Back to your question, no. You can receive your airdrop tokens without ether in your wallet but you need ether to send your airdrop tokens to an exchange which you will sell for bitcoin (for an example).

No. This is called a campaign. Those who are conducting airdrops can hold a campaign to spread the word. You can join here so you can earn more tokens in addition to the airdrop tokens (free tokens) that you received.

Finaly everything is clear for me Smiley) thanks for comprehensive answer.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
JeBro

Activity: 714

Living is easy with eyes closed ...

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:31:51 AM

Is it safe to participate in the airdrops?

dillpicklechips

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:56:31 AM

It is unless they are asking for sensitive information which, for example, will compromise your bitcointalk account. Basically, all they need is your Eth address where they will send the tokens and other requirements in order to qualify and join the airdrop. There's no need to elaborate more. I think you're old enough to know what to give and not.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:17:41 AM

I want to know how many airdrops have people participated and did they got their coins a promised or some of them turned out to be scam? Also after getting the coin do they have any value as being proposed and where they easily salable on major exchanges or not?
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:51:57 AM

Incorrect. Not always the case. This may also be a form of airdrop but that's from hard forks. Airdrop is a free giveaway of pre-mined coins by the devs. This is another way of distributing coins/tokens other than ICOs which is the opposite since they sell their tokens. Following that definition, basically, you won't lose anything since it's free and the required thing to do is to just submit your eth address (most of the cases, mew) and they will send free coins there.

hey dillpicklechips , thanks for the information I also was thinking that Airdrops are just free coin of  any particular project developer giving that coin free for marketing their project and they are collecting the information from the investor's all details either email id,Ether wallet and twitter or telegram ids so that they can also promote well about their project.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: