Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x is DEAD! Now Core can go full steam ahead: GO GO GO!  (Read 358 times)
OtisG (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:44:28 PM

Looking forward to what Core delivers next in the short term and over the next year to make off chain scaling a reality.
OtisG
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:52:58 PM

This is just the 1294th thread about this today OP.
Next time have a look around the forum sections first before you create a thread  Tongue
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:17:26 PM

firstly segwit2x was dead as a upgrade proposal back in august.. even back then everyone with sense knew it was an altcoin..

Looking forward to what Core delivers next in the short term and over the next year to make off chain scaling a reality.
^
proof centralisation has occured and that some people are actually excited by it (facepalm)

core have not used bitcoin consensus in the last few years, and stupid people think its a good thing.
i do hope they sell off and run back to fiat before their ignorance stalls bitcoin upgrades further

now all thats left is waiting another couple years for the legagy block(baseblock) to have another attempt to actually have more utility via more tx's..
meanwhile idiots can put their funds into dual signed addresses and no longer have full control of their funds under false pretence of it being 'better'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 11:24:50 PM

OtisG

Now that's some good news that I'd love to hear and confirm.
As I said a few days ago, I've always been in favor of applying segwit as a whole to the bitcoin network as it was only supposed to get us better. I'm talking about a faster network with lower transaction fees.

But at that time it never came across my mind that it might come as a hard fork. And when I realized it, it really upset me. I wanted it be as an "upgrade" to bitcoin itself or as they call it a "soft" fork. Other than that wouldn't really be good.

Since, a lot of people are in favor of it, a lot would've actually invested in it and left btc behind. Which means they'd clearly be doing damage to btc itself and I think the idea from the beginning was to improve.

Although scaling is an issue, but this wasn't the right suggestion as a solution to it in the first place.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:45:30 PM

As I said a few days ago, I've always been in favor of applying segwit as a whole to the bitcoin network as it was only supposed to get us better. I'm talking about a faster network with lower transaction fees.

But at that time it never came across my mind that it might come as a hard fork. And when I realized it, it really upset me.

segwit has been active for months. the funny part is that the mining pools themselves are afraid to use it.
check out their block reward addresses.. yep not segwit addresses.
btcc and slush were the two main mouth piece advertisers of how much they loved segwit.. and yet, still use legacy addresses for their rewards.

although the pools were arm twisted/paid off into accepting segwit earlier this year due to the subterfuge that it was part of deal to then also upgrade the base block.. now the baseblock has not got the 2x upgrade, we are not really in much of a better legacy position than 2015

even gmaxwell himself cant even get himself to change his own donation address to a segwit address
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11425
Bitcoin address:    17F6gfDfTXpUdT9g2o3eqSmmwnUsPRokPB

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:59:00 PM

Now Core can go full steam ahead.

To where??? Community already divided. Censorship still happening.

Lemmings off the cliff??

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Hunt_777

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

He who controls the money, controls the game...

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:07:34 AM

Hey guys, how about we create our voting here in the forum about the Segwit2x. Someone should create it for us to know if Bitcointalk forum agrees or not. This can shade light in our stand about this move. Anyone agrees with it? hehe. If someone create the voting, please post the link here for us to vote...
bitPico

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:16:19 AM

But at that time it never came across my mind that it might come as a hard fork. And when I realized it, it really upset me.

segwit has been active for months. the funny part is that the mining pools themselves are afraid to use it.
check out their block reward addresses.. yep not segwit addresses.
btcc and slush were the two main mouth piece advertisers of how much they loved segwit.. and yet, still use legacy addresses for their rewards.

although the pools were arm twisted/paid off into accepting segwit earlier this year due to the subterfuge that it was part of deal to then also upgrade the base block.. now the baseblock has not got the 2x upgrade, we are not really in much of a better legacy position than 2015

even gmaxwell himself cant even get himself to change his own donation address to a segwit address
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11425
Bitcoin address:    17F6gfDfTXpUdT9g2o3eqSmmwnUsPRokPB

Miners will mine SegWit2x but yes hardly anybody uses or mines segwit transactions and the block size is still small and Greg Maxwell uses a non-SegWit donation address. Nothing has changed since 2012 except performance and security and UDP satellites relaying block headers. Scalability has been ignored even in regards to LN putting all of the transactions into such tiny base block sizes and if hardly anybody mines SegWit then it will be even worse in regards to congestion (on-chain). Many hurdles ahead.
Yankeestyle

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:02:54 PM

Excavators will mine SegWit2x however yes scarcely anyone uses or mines segwit exchanges and the square size is still little and Greg Maxwell utilizes a non-SegWit gift address. Nothing has changed since 2012 with the exception of execution and security and UDP satellites transferring square headers.
Dummsaus

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:06:36 PM

by the way, BTC has lost about 1000$ in the last week. Keep on dreamin.
Every Hooray, only BTC CORE GO GO GO, is the continuation of this hazardous cryptocurrency battle.
It is the end of thinking, it is the end of a free currency, and a safe heaven for King wannabe's,
and the beginning of total federal control. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: