Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Length of Ethernet cable messing up blades?  (Read 597 times)
J_Dubbs (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:47:01 AM

I can't have cabled running across the middle of my living room so I got a 100ft Ethernet cable. My blades were working great all afternoon, now I get "clean_jobs=false" and they won't pickup any work. Anyone know what gives here??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
J_Dubbs (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

I can't have cabled running across the middle of my living room so I got a 100ft Ethernet cable. My blades were working great all afternoon, now I get "clean_jobs=false" and they won't pickup any work. Anyone know what gives here??

And now using the cable I had before I'm still getting the same error. Man, everything was working perfectly for several hours, wtf.

All I can think is by swapping the cable and shutting down the proxy won't let go of some jobs. Just like when I start mining it takes time for the server to ramp up my hash rate, maybe it takes time to dump jobs. I dunno, this forum has been seldom helpful unfortunately. If I have any luck I'll post back, plan right now is to just stop, shut down everything, and drink a beer- this blows.
J_Dubbs (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:51:28 AM

And now using the cable I had before I'm still getting the same error. Man, everything was working perfectly for several hours, wtf.

All I can think is by swapping the cable and shutting down the proxy won't let go of some jobs. Just like when I start mining it takes time for the server to ramp up my hash rate, maybe it takes time to dump jobs. I dunno, this forum has been seldom helpful unfortunately. If I have any luck I'll post back, plan right now is to just stop, shut down everything, and drink a beer- this blows.

Decided to run a crossover cable to my switch and bypass the router, now it works. Whatever the issue my router/switch was having problems with the additional cable, and then it was tripped into "clean jobs = false" with the shorter cable that worked earlier. Anyways, found a workaround using less cable, I'll go with it and be happy.
durjoy

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:16:42 PM

thank you for posting updates. I have sorted mine by switching off  wifi.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: