Bitcoin Forum
December 18, 2017, 11:08:03 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Length of Ethernet cable messing up blades?  (Read 527 times)
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:47:01 AM

I can't have cabled running across the middle of my living room so I got a 100ft Ethernet cable. My blades were working great all afternoon, now I get "clean_jobs=false" and they won't pickup any work. Anyone know what gives here??
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
J_Dubbs

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:59:52 AM

I can't have cabled running across the middle of my living room so I got a 100ft Ethernet cable. My blades were working great all afternoon, now I get "clean_jobs=false" and they won't pickup any work. Anyone know what gives here??

And now using the cable I had before I'm still getting the same error. Man, everything was working perfectly for several hours, wtf.

All I can think is by swapping the cable and shutting down the proxy won't let go of some jobs. Just like when I start mining it takes time for the server to ramp up my hash rate, maybe it takes time to dump jobs. I dunno, this forum has been seldom helpful unfortunately. If I have any luck I'll post back, plan right now is to just stop, shut down everything, and drink a beer- this blows.
J_Dubbs

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:51:28 AM

And now using the cable I had before I'm still getting the same error. Man, everything was working perfectly for several hours, wtf.

All I can think is by swapping the cable and shutting down the proxy won't let go of some jobs. Just like when I start mining it takes time for the server to ramp up my hash rate, maybe it takes time to dump jobs. I dunno, this forum has been seldom helpful unfortunately. If I have any luck I'll post back, plan right now is to just stop, shut down everything, and drink a beer- this blows.

Decided to run a crossover cable to my switch and bypass the router, now it works. Whatever the issue my router/switch was having problems with the additional cable, and then it was tripped into "clean jobs = false" with the shorter cable that worked earlier. Anyways, found a workaround using less cable, I'll go with it and be happy.
durjoy

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:16:42 PM

thank you for posting updates. I have sorted mine by switching off  wifi.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.