Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:14:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC Miner - Jupiter device: which PSU are you guys planning on using?  (Read 7038 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:08:21 AM

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley
Waiting to hear, when does the newsletter go out?
Wait, when did KNC become legit? I always thought they were another start-up-scam-of-the-week.
If you spend all your time in BFL threads, you miss things.  Shocked

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:20:49 AM

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley
Wait, when did KNC become legit? I always thought they were another start-up-scam-of-the-week.
If you spend all your time in BFL threads, you miss things.  Shocked
Well I read a lot of BFL and Avalon chip threads, and try to stay pretty informed. Stay out of the ASICMiner threads, and the other little ones. Sorry I don't read every single thread on this forum, but that would be a full time job itself.

Thinking back, I think I heard they were using FPGAs, and thought their performance numbers were a little "optimistic", so I wrote them off, and haven't looked into them since.

In the mean time, where do they stand? They're using FPGAs, but somehow have the best prices, and power efficiencies, and will be delivering soon?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:33:01 AM

In the mean time, where do they stand? They're using FPGAs, but somehow have the best prices, and power efficiencies, and will be delivering soon?

No.

They only created the Mars FPGA unit to show that they could rapidly produce a device.  They then had (multiple) open house days to show they were legit.

They are producing 28nm ASIC hardware due to be delivered in Sept/Oct.

The originally advertised 250GH/s for 7-8k USD and ended up promising 350GH/s for under 7k.  We are currently awaiting final GH/s estimates (they are hinting that it will end up higher than 350GH/s for the Jupiter unit) and their Power consumption looks to be below initial expectations as well.

They by all outward appearances appear to be the best bet in the Asic for Pre-Order market at the moment.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:36:56 AM

The originally advertised 250GH/s for 7-8k USD and ended up promising 350GH/s for under 7k.  We are currently awaiting final GH/s estimates (they are hinting that it will end up higher than 350GH/s for the Jupiter unit) and their Power consumption looks to be below initial expectations as well.
They by all outward appearances appear to be the best bet in the Asic for Pre-Order market at the moment.

Thanks for the update. I was skeptical of KNC myself and it's good to see there is community support for them.

I'll be watching with great interest in Sept/Oct. It would be amazing if they pull this 28nm product off in that timeframe. Not an easy task to accomplish at all. Wishing them Godspeed with this project.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 02:48:24 PM

No.

They only created the Mars FPGA unit to show that they could rapidly produce a device.  They then had (multiple) open house days to show they were legit.

Ya I realized I was thinking of their Mars, but their two new ones are ASICs, which makes sense. Thanks for the quick recap!

joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:02:32 PM

So, if one were to get 1 Saturn & 1 Jupiter, can they use one power supply for both or need two separate?

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:29:23 PM

So, if one were to get 1 Saturn & 1 Jupiter, can they use one power supply for both or need two separate?

Depends on final power consumption and what wattage your power supply is...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:53:03 PM

Ya 1500W is a lot for one PSU, tho it can be done.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:49:04 PM

Ya 1500W is a lot for one PSU, tho it can be done.

Hopefully he will be ok with a 1200w as they are easy enough to acquire at a reasonable price.

Finger's crossed anyway...

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:22:50 PM

If you spend all your time in BFL threads, you miss things.  Shocked
Well I read a lot of BFL and Avalon chip threads, and try to stay pretty informed. Stay out of the ASICMiner threads, and the other little ones. Sorry I don't read every single thread on this forum, but that would be a full time job itself.

Thinking back, I think I heard they were using FPGAs, and thought their performance numbers were a little "optimistic", so I wrote them off, and haven't looked into them since.

I wish more people would stay away from the ASICMiner threads.  Good man.  That operation and strategy is like digital Chinese SARS attacking Bitcoin.

I've talked to KNC a lot.  Sam makes a lot of sense when he contrasts their business model with BFL.  He's a nice guy.  I believe them.  I didn't go all in, but I will if they deliver.
tinoki

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 07:39:42 AM

Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam 

https://i.imgur.com/u97K1AV.png

Sam are you up to the challenged ?
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 10:59:26 AM

The originally advertised 250GH/s for 7-8k USD and ended up promising 350GH/s for under 7k.  We are currently awaiting final GH/s estimates (they are hinting that it will end up higher than 350GH/s for the Jupiter unit) and their Power consumption looks to be below initial expectations as well.

they're not hinting GH/s estimate, in the last news they actually said "It is with great pleasure that we can finally announce our Jupiter is now a 400 GH/s device ". You have a point about on the power consumption side since they said: "We have previously specified the power consumption of the Jupiter device at a 1000 watts. We have now received indication from our chip manufacturer that this may be lower."

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
joae1975

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:22:05 PM

Naturally BFL Josh would say that. But Knc is not an American company, therefore less regulation and more/easier innovation.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:24:28 PM

Naturally BFL Josh would say that. But Knc is not an American company, therefore less regulation and more/easier innovation.

Umm...if you think there is less regulation in the EU than the States, you are gravely misinformed!

joae1975

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:47:27 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2013, 05:00:23 PM by joae1975

Umm...if you think there is less regulation in the EU than the States, you are gravely misinformed!
Switzerland is technically not part of the EU.  And innovation in Swiss. is top notch.  Don't want to hijack this thread.  Maybe a new thread?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:32:40 PM

Switzerland is technically not part of the EU.  And innovation in Swiss. us top notch.  Don't want to hijack this thread.  Maybe a new thread?

Last I checked Sweden was though, at least it was when I visited KnC personally two weeks ago...

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:32:50 AM

Switzerland is technically not part of the EU.  And innovation in Swiss. us top notch.  Don't want to hijack this thread.  Maybe a new thread?

Last I checked Sweden was though, at least it was when I visited KnC personally two weeks ago...

lol. geography is hard. hahahaha
joae1975

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 06:04:25 AM

lol. geography is hard. hahahaha
yeah, yeah, laugh it up.  I got Switzerland mixed up with Sweden, hardy har har!!  Tongue

joae1975

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 05:15:35 PM

Alright, so any news on specific products for Jupiter power?  Also, what kind of circuit breaker would we need.  I've never really ran anything like this before.  The feds are gonna think I'm growin' weed like that guy in Canada, LOL!

joae1975

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:49:58 AM

Any news on power supply yet?  Specific products?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: