Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Fork called off? Is it true  (Read 172 times)
deathwish (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 04:26:12 AM

Heard from my colleague today that the bitcoin fork has been called off. Is it a temporary decision? Do you think it will be back? what's the possible impact on bitcoin prices ?
Just came back from my day job. posted for expert views on this topic. 

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8271

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:30:42 AM

Heard from my colleague today that the bitcoin fork has been called off. Is it a temporary decision? Do you think it will be back? what's the possible impact on bitcoin prices ?

https://bashco.github.io/2x_Countdown/
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:01:21 AM

Bitcoin fork has been called of and it ain't a temporary decision. It has been called of because of lack of concencus from the community according to coindesk. Probably they won't even dare to propose it again unless they will improve the tech of segwit2x itself. This will probably make the price of bitcoin to stabilize at it's current levels, and the probability of a dump decreased because there won't be a replay attack on bitcoin that is expected to be caused by b2x.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: