Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:09:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electroneum delayed another three to four weeks  (Read 205 times)
dumplingsandsushi (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 05:44:31 AM

Quick timeline/summary of what's going on from the devs perspective:

ICO was AWESOME - it was so AWESOME that tons of people tried to hack us! - we delayed the release of the ICO coins to protect you guys! - we can fix it by resetting your passwords! - Wait! People tried to hack us again! - We are going to recode the entire thing! - it's going to be done soon! - A little bit more! - Look! We have coffee mugs and are coding, just a little more! - soon I promise! - Oh, we decided to test the entire thing using this elite group and it will take another three to four weeks...

Ok, so if I am level headed I would assume that this is for the best and the devs really are trying to secure our coins.
But, also, if I am level headed doesn't this just seem really messed up?
On top of that here are some hardcore red flags:

official EU, Asia, and US mining pools stopped paying out ETN even after blocks were still being mined.  There's 5 to 10BTC that just hasn't been payed out.
blockchain explorer is buggy.
only paper wallet, no gui, mobile wallets.
no app for apple devices.

Well, basically, it seems like they are using the hack (whether real or not) to spend a month finishing things that weren't finished in the first place.
And all the while bragging about how ETN is in the top 30 at coinmarketcap

I was a day one ico investor (meh, "investor", I only put 2 eth in) and have been really supportive of the project.
But this sucks all kind of major balls.

and now you can consider my venting over and proceed with the "I told you so" or "Stop spreading FUD! ETN is my lover!" posts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 06:59:04 AM

Electroneum in the top 30 at coinmarket cap I appreciate teamwork but I think it will disappoint investors because they can only watch it in the market plus this delay makes investors feel bored. This is a difficult situation but I hope Electoneum team can do something that can dampen this situation

abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:05:05 AM

this is my first ICO i invested 500 usd in pre ico sale but now i got locked up,and this is a big failure.I will never join and ICO again.

RelBunny

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:17:45 AM

Quick timeline/summary of what's going on from the devs perspective:

ICO was AWESOME - it was so AWESOME that tons of people tried to hack us! - we delayed the release of the ICO coins to protect you guys! - we can fix it by resetting your passwords! - Wait! People tried to hack us again! - We are going to recode the entire thing! - it's going to be done soon! - A little bit more! - Look! We have coffee mugs and are coding, just a little more! - soon I promise! - Oh, we decided to test the entire thing using this elite group and it will take another three to four weeks...

Ok, so if I am level headed I would assume that this is for the best and the devs really are trying to secure our coins.
But, also, if I am level headed doesn't this just seem really messed up?
On top of that here are some hardcore red flags:

official EU, Asia, and US mining pools stopped paying out ETN even after blocks were still being mined.  There's 5 to 10BTC that just hasn't been payed out.
blockchain explorer is buggy.
only paper wallet, no gui, mobile wallets.
no app for apple devices.

Well, basically, it seems like they are using the hack (whether real or not) to spend a month finishing things that weren't finished in the first place.
And all the while bragging about how ETN is in the top 30 at coinmarketcap

I was a day one ico investor (meh, "investor", I only put 2 eth in) and have been really supportive of the project.
But this sucks all kind of major balls.

and now you can consider my venting over and proceed with the "I told you so" or "Stop spreading FUD! ETN is my lover!" posts

They are very incompetent at everything except marketing. As much as delays can always be expected, what this all means is that they were not doing anything at all for a month and a half while they were receiving a lot of money, and just like you noticed, they are using false excuses just to make up the time now.

However, thanks to their marketing, I still have no doubts that we can expect great things from ETN once when (or IF, it fits much better than "when") they complete the basic stuff that should have already been done.
Savvy7188

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:39:01 PM

my gut tells me that evrything will pan out right with electroneum, nothing in life is ever perfect. this happens to be one of those moments. I feel electroneum over-shot themselves. Welp, as the saying goes "temporary setbacks only mean a major comeback is on its way"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: