Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:11:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Separate myetherwallets for trading and airdrops  (Read 313 times)
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:34:01 PM

I fel how some airdrops are scams trying to get into your wallet. Would it be wise to set up two of them, one for legit trading with altcoins and other for aidrops?

It is nice that you realized this very early. I can see that you are somewhat new here since your account is still a low rank one. Airdrops are now full of shallow coins that will definitely not live long enough to acquire much value. It is good that you will make sure your myetherwallet is safe from phishing attempts that might be very fruitful especially if your myetherwallet has some very precious coins already.
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:00:10 AM

I fel how some airdrops are scams trying to get into your wallet. Would it be wise to set up two of them, one for legit trading with altcoins and other for aidrops?
Public and private wallet should be owned by evry traders. If you want to get airdrop use publoc wallet. SOmetimes some I am worry to send my wallet before then I create public wallet. Now, my asset is secure in my private wallet. I never tell anyone about my possession in the wallet. By giving private wallet to others they will know your balance.
GUI_Center

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:01:51 AM

Definitely a good idea to have multiple wallets, especially one for airdrops. You don't want to become a phishing target due to the ETH you have in the wallet when you apply for airdrops.

Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:12:21 AM

No matter how many ETH wallet we have, if are careless with our private keys still a chance to steal our money. Not totally necessary to have other ETH wallet but still a good thing to do, so we know where is a certain coin coming from.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: