Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:43:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin transaction fee keeps increasing?  (Read 2444 times)
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:19:45 AM

I think it is because of the many transaction on the blockchain
I think that is the direct cause and you are right. But you may ask why is the high number of transactions a problem (wasn't bitcoin designed to handle that?) and why do we have an increased number of transactions.

The first answer is that Bitcoin is unfortunately not designed to handle the current transaction throughput. In those early days indeed it was used as electronic means of payment, number of services accepting it increased every day and Bitcoin flourished. But then, as everything, it became obsolete and it was not capable to handle all incoming transactions. For some reasons that escape me, the developers behind it wouldn't yield to accept any change nor improvement and currently we have Bitcoin which is crippled and it really concerns me very much.

As to the second question, we have an increased number of transactions because the Bitcoin price went up a bit. And it will be happening again and again in the future. Now, imagine the transaction fees when the prices goes up hugely! After the very high tx fees in December last year (in the range of 80-100USD per transaction) we observed calm moments in the beginning of this year and everybody went on thinking that if they don't see a problem, there is no problem. Just like an ostrich with its head in the sand. Well, wake up call, devs!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Claudyah

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:26:57 AM

Bitcoin prices show rapid growth. Interest in investment and speculation about this cryptocurrency more and more. At the same time, transaction delays and high prices make the use of coins practically uninteresting.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:29:43 AM

I think the cost of bitcoin delivery is always increasing as bitcoin prices also rise rapidly, when bitcoin prices rise shipping costs also rise because the transaction is so dense that it will be difficult and long to do the bitcoin delivery process.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:16:04 PM

It is because of the demand from the people because the user of bitcoin is getting bigger and bigger and that caused the network to have a slower speed of transactions and the miners adjusted it by taking advantage of having more crowd and they raise the fee for the transactions into a higher rate so they can be profitable. It is just simple law of supply and demand.
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:29:05 PM

its because the user of bitcoin is increasing too, the users of bitcoin that want to send their bitcoin want to makes the bitcoin is sent in a fast time, so the sender is increasing the fee because become a priority in the queue, and i think if the fee of bitcoin high it will makes us happy, why? because if the fee of the bitcoin high its mean that bitcoin is popular and there are many people that use bitcoin, and the effect is bitcoin price will stable and maybe increasing

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:38:51 PM

I think with increasing mining difficulty to mine Bitcoin, the fees to move Bitcoins around the network increases. Furthermore the market price of Bitcoin will also contribute to the transactions fees. I have noticed that as the price of Bitcoins go up the fees increases which makes complete sense. This is one reason that I use Litcoin to transfer "wealth" around the cryptosphere.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:17:10 PM

Dude, why do you need bitcoin?) Use the ethereum, it's much more profitable in transactions
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:23:38 PM

To put it in simple terms and it's already been mentioned here, it's the miner's fee that controls our fees when sending BTC.
You want the luxury of sending BTC, then you gotta pay those miners what they ask.
Thian778

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:09:17 PM

Price of Bitcoin changes from time to time as well, when BTC dropped its value transaction become also lesser, because exchange and wallets have a computer system that calculates everything as long as it was programmed on them, so they adjust when there are movements on the BTC price, isn't it amazing?
Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:13:16 PM

Hi guys,i just wanna knows that why the transaction fee for bitcoins is increasing everyday.Some days before i send bitcoin to a trader the fee was 0.0005btc but yesterday i repeat the same transaction same amount then the fee was 0.0006 btc.

Please correct me if i am posted in wrong section. Smiley

I think because the bitcoin is increasing that's why the transaction fees also increasing. And every transaction fee is depends on how much you sent to transact. If you sent big amount of bitcoin of course you need to fee also little big for the transaction.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:44:15 PM

The main factor in increasing the fee is because Bitcoin is hard to mined. And it can not be denied that Bitcoin Mining is always on the rise. And we can not avoid the problem of the fee increase.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:09:31 AM

It's also that most likely the network is more congested today than it was yesterday. $4.5 billion have been transacted in the last 24 hours, double than before.

Also for the current price
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:26:18 AM

It is because of the demand from the people because the user of bitcoin is getting bigger and bigger and that caused the network to have a slower speed of transactions and the miners adjusted it by taking advantage of having more crowd and they raise the fee for the transactions into a higher rate so they can be profitable. It is just simple law of supply and demand.

Well it is the chance for transaction platforms to take advantage of the growing number of people who performs trading and uses their platforms. I also guess that it is because of the increasing price of bitcoin.  Everything seems in sync with bitcoin if you will notice it. 

For us,  traders,  this growing fee is becoming a pain in the ass but we can't blame them if they increased their fees.  Just like us,  they also want to gain profit anyway.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:30:31 AM

Hi guys,i just wanna knows that why the transaction fee for bitcoins is increasing everyday.Some days before i send bitcoin to a trader the fee was 0.0005btc but yesterday i repeat the same transaction same amount then the fee was 0.0006 btc.

I think for that thing is there are reasons why that thing might happen in our bitcoin society and this is because for interms of demand of the people here in bitcoin. Many people get some income from this and they might be the people who are affected the most because of the factors might increasing of the fee.
CoinstarF

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:48:26 AM

Well mate the explanation is just as easy if you learn the so-called common sense. Why? Because if you would imagine bitcpin keeps on increasing and we can't control that on and as well as the transaction it will be inevitable too to control. Hope you do understand now.

Bitcoin fees are increasing due to large number of participants in bitcoin talk and forum many now investors  many also traders  many also sellers  uncontrollable undertermined personalities using this sites meaning many are interested in bitcoin currency.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:04:50 AM

i know that the transaction fee right now is high, its caused by the people that want to send the bitcoin is too much thats makes a queue in transactiion, in bitcoin we know that if the fee is high your transaction will be in priority queue, so if you want to send it faster you can set the fee is in the high and if you want to slower you can decrease the fee

freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:59:16 PM

Each market has different pieces of at least 0.001 BTC or more. With the increase in market fee due to the administrative costs of the market itself. Cool
lida311993

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:19:46 PM

I think this is due to the fact that more people are interested in bitcoin and the network will constantly require updates. Small transactions on 1-200$ a lot and it needs to be solved somehow.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:39:04 AM

Maybe because of the value of bitcoin the higher the value the more you paid and there are also some procedure they have in the market that makes it high like the demand of bitcoin in the market and also investor and those who facilitate  or manage it is one factor.

mary cury

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:07:22 AM

I have never seen two transactions with the same volume and cost differently in the same service. But I don't know why transaction fee on exchange is very expensive (0.001 on coinexchange)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: