Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:30:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin transaction fee keeps increasing?  (Read 2446 times)
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:02:06 AM

I have never seen two transactions with the same volume and cost differently in the same service. But I don't know why transaction fee on exchange is very expensive (0.001 on coinexchange)
Even in some other exchanges like c-cex giving a fee about 0.002 Btc or $20 for each transaction is a very expensive fee, you know everyday the user keeps growing and it makes the network become more crowded, so it will take more time to get confirmation if only using low fees, that's why transaction fees are getting expensive
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:17:25 AM

The number of users keep on rising. And along with that, the number of transactions per day also shows an upswing with every passing month. But the problem is that the block size is fixed at 1 MB and it stays constant. In the near future, the scaling issues will resurface once again and the transaction fee will hit a new high.
Harry_no1

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:07:31 PM

This has been increasing time to time and the same gets reflected on the transaction fee of each transaction. Compared to the past the price has grown bigger and the same too will contribute to the transaction fee increase. Anyhow the transaction getting stuck to the network has decreased a lot
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:24:50 PM

Hi guys,i just wanna knows that why the transaction fee for bitcoins is increasing everyday.Some days before i send bitcoin to a trader the fee was 0.0005btc but yesterday i repeat the same transaction same amount then the fee was 0.0006 btc.

Please correct me if i am posted in wrong section. Smiley

Because of the supply of bitcoin is always decreasing, the difficulty of mining bitcoin is harder.
So the fee of bitcoin transferring will be higher day by day.
But as long as the price of bitcoin is keep rising, the fee is equivalent to the price for me
monarchy

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

Probably the Cost of Transaction Rise If Bitcoin Increases Transaction Costs Will Also Rise
tdtduy

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:05:43 AM

I think that the transaction fee of Bitcoin on the exchange increased due to the demand of traders. At present, research and investment in Bitcoin is relatively common. Bitcoin collectors and trades are growing rapidly. By the rules of supply and demand, Bitcoin trading floors increase transaction fees to make more profits for managers.
Ryanpaul80

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:55:16 AM

For me ithink bitcoin transaction fee keeps increasing because of its price bitcoin price is so high its like its price before is $20000 so ithink bitcoin transaction fee depends on its own price.
winterblues

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:50:22 AM

The price of bitcoin went x10 but the transaction fees STAYED AROUND THE SAME in btc prices (whereas if they were priced in USD, it should been divided by 10).

Basically, by not adjusting the fee to the USD value and staying with the BTC value, the fee ALSO went x10 (just like bitcoin's price).

Who is to blame for this?

Is it major companies/exchanges who probably have hardcoded 200-400 sat/B in their code even though the price blew up?

Like this "hard-coding" I know is a major problem with Bittrex... they haven't changed their 0.001 BTC withdrawal fee from when bitcoin wasn't this high priced yet, making it a ridiculous $16 per transaction (when it used to be like $1).

And I think the network congestion is from these exchanges as well. I think someone needs to let them know that their hard-coded fee schedule, set to SPECIFIC sat/B values instead of USD, is the major thing making the fees impossible for everyone else right now.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:07:01 AM

As I have heard the payments being given was due to the complexity of the computations which uses more power and therefore consumes more electricity. And as I have known the lesser the value of the remaining coins in the block chain the more difficult or complex will be the processes so this makes it time consuming as well so that payments go up.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
dominional

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 01:34:19 AM

Why bitcoin transaction fee keeps increasing? It  will keep increasing because so many exchange  company has come in which fees will be included so that the transaction can take place because many things are involved. The exchanger has to put some measure of security must be put in place.

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:49:27 AM

Because on the demand of bitcoin, look how bitcoin known allmost all country in the world. And I guess everyone of these country has a crypto user. And as time goes past it become and becoming much popular. Big investor will fight to buy btc so it can cause a massive pump. Btc had a less supply so transaction fee is proportional when btc pumps. The equivalent of btc fee will grow as btc price is up
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:59:04 AM

Because on the demand of bitcoin, look how bitcoin known allmost all country in the world. And I guess everyone of these country has a crypto user. And as time goes past it become and becoming much popular. Big investor will fight to buy btc so it can cause a massive pump. Btc had a less supply so transaction fee is proportional when btc pumps. The equivalent of btc fee will grow as btc price is up

Base on my knowledge bitcoin transaction doesn't have any fees before or not that I know of. But then as what you've mention that because of its demand and yes I agree with that and for me its better to have fees as well because this will serve as maintainance and all other that needs to be maintaned.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:09:08 AM

If we compared the transaction fee last year 2017 which is experienced more than $20 fee every single transaction you made what ever how much you send it's totally same fee. But Im very thankful and happy now because the transaction fee is lower $1 and this very helpful to us who are earning a little profit because if we spend $20 this is not good to them.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:10:19 AM

I might agree with the word "demand" but with your supporting words aren't. Mostly bitcoin transaction increased/decreased base on the congestion in the network, but in these days it only requires a small amount of fee (4/sat per byte) where you can send and can be confirmed within the next block so no need to worry about stucked transactions.

Base on my knowledge bitcoin transaction doesn't have any fees before or not that I know of. But then as what you've mention that because of its demand and yes I agree with that and for me its better to have fees as well because this will serve as maintainance and all other that needs to be maintaned.
Well, your knowledge is not concrete as you agree in the quoted post. And what maintenance are you talking about? if you're referring exchanges, well mostly, exchanges get profit when users buy and sell on their platform, and might be not when sending/withdrawing only from the exchange.
jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:47:56 AM

Hi guys,i just wanna knows that why the transaction fee for bitcoins is increasing everyday.Some days before i send bitcoin to a trader the fee was 0.0005btc but yesterday i repeat the same transaction same amount then the fee was 0.0006 btc.

Bitcoin's transaction fee is still the same as Bitcoin, when Bitcoin grows up, the fee is great, when the Bitcoin is small, the fee is too small when it makes you convert, but when Bitcoin is the same fee when you go out money even small amounts or large.
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:14:45 AM

The reason behind why the bitcoin transaction fee keeps on increasing because of the demand that keeps too increasing,
and Also because of the sudden change in outer and inner part of the organization of the business.
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:21:01 AM

I think his rise in bitcoin fees is inseparable from his rise in bitcoin prices, where his conversion will automatically be high with his fee
Nolivelasco13

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:54:53 AM

I think his rise in bitcoin fees is inseparable from his rise in bitcoin prices, where his conversion will automatically be high with his fee
Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:59:35 AM

Well mate the explanation is just as easy if you learn the so-called common sense. Why? Because if you would imagine bitcpin keeps on increasing and we can't control that on and as well as the transaction it will be inevitable too to control. Hope you do understand now.

Increasing in transaction fee means good the demands of Bitcoins is  growing so that's it .
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:35:50 AM

transaction costs continue to increase as bitcoin prices at that time also increase. I think the crypto currency market is taking advantage of the bitcoin price increase.
even though the transaction costs increase but will not be in disadvantage because bitcoin that we have at that time also rise in price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: