Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Client problems  (Read 1542 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:27:54 AM

Ok so i downloaded the bitcoin-qt and installed it. i imported my private keys from Electrum and deleted all the files. when i reopened the bitcoin client all of my addresses are gone. the client is 49 weeks behind on the blockchain. could this be the reason my addresses don't display(since they were created long after the block chain record my client has so far?) thanks in advance, cuz when i decrypt my wallet with pywallet there is a bunch of addresses displayed. it just doesn't show in the client. is it possible the client doesn't recognize them as valid addresses yet? also, one more detail if i try to reimport the private keys again it says couldnot import private key error code 4

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:36:30 AM

damn, i've been downloading the fuxxing blockchain all day. dafuq is dat about

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:26:39 PM

[...]
i imported my private keys from Electrum and deleted all the files. when i reopened the bitcoin client all of my addresses are gone. the client is 49 weeks behind on the blockchain. could this be the reason my addresses don't display(since they were created long after the block chain record my client has so far?)[...]
No, if it's in your wallet, it should appear under the "receive" tab.

also, one more detail if i try to reimport the private keys again it says couldnot import private key error code 4
according to bitcoin.it wiki, error code 4 is insufficient funds. you can always create a new wallet and try importing the keys again.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:50:58 AM

- snip -
i imported my private keys from Electrum and deleted all the files. when i reopened the bitcoin client all of my addresses are gone.
- snip -

Did you look in the "Address Book" section?  I think that is where they go by default in the Bitcoin-Qt wallet until you assign a label to them.

jeannie

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:54:27 AM

I took nearly a week to sync the entire Bitcoin QT chain

r3wt (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:59:53 AM

I took nearly a week to sync the entire Bitcoin QT chain

it finally synced today i tried to send a sendmany 1penny to a list of addresses,  but i didn't know i had pending unconfirmed inputs to the address i sent from, and it said i did a double spend, so i had to delete with pywallet and rescan. now my wallet shows all my balances, minus the 1.65 of the sendmany. i guess its ok for now though. maybe the transaction went through. will have to check the blockchain again

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: