Hey guys, I just wrote a shell program (written with AutoIt) for the official bitcoin client, which can render bitcoin.exe portable and carried with multiple wallets. Hope it's useful for many.
You can download the script source code and binary executable files zipped here:http://www.21bitcoin.com/files/BitcoinX.zip
If you want to be certain about security, you'd better download and install AutoIt (http://autoitscript.com
), and compile the script by yourself.
(I'm just an amateur, rather than a real programmer, so, forgive me for the ugly code...)
The program is straightforward so that almost no help file is needed:===INSTALL===
1. Download and install the latest official bitcoin client for windows. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/
2. Copy the bitcoin folder to a new location (to a USB stick, for example) (the original directory looks like this: C:\Program Files\Bitcoin)
3. Copy BitcoinX.exe in the folder where bitcoin.exe locates.
* If you already have a wallet, first quit bitcoin.exe and BitcoinX.exe, and then create a folder in /Bitcoin/data/wallets/, and copy the current wallet.dat to this folder. Then reopen BitcoinX.exe, you'll see your wallet in the listbox.
When BitcoinX.exe first runs, it will check whether blockchain files exist. If they do not exsit, BitcoinX will put a URL into the clipboard, so that you can paste it into a browsers...
Follow the instruction of the messagebox of BitcoinX.exe.
With this program, you can:
1. Render bitcoin client portable. (Portable bitcoin client is much more secure, since in most cases it is detached from your PC.)
2. Create and use multiple wallets.
3. Back up multiple wallets on fly.
And finally, you can donate me some bitcoins: 125Pd77VN354eydYQwWJprsuBERSwMZRYT