Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:17:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need your opinion #3  (Read 592 times)
Whitly (OP)

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:55:09 PM

Just thinking will it have potential or no.  Pawn shop for online items, the place where you can get money for your account, item from game, gift card, art, code for anything what have value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 02:13:16 PM

This will be pretty difficult to do I think, I can already see a few problems.

People will definitely use your service to sell accounts or codes that were obtained through fraud. How would you deal with this?

How will you determine the value of accounts or game items accurately? You'd also need to have the means to sell them as fast as possible if people default on their loan.

atomictornado

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:13:03 PM

Hello!
In my opinion, it is quite possible, if you carefully develop the idea and the project of the Pawn shop for online.
If you make the project clear enough. You'll need to make a good website. it is possible to develop quite a good prospect!
presearch

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 05:37:04 PM

People will definitely use your service to sell accounts or codes that were obtained through fraud. How would you deal with this?

How will you determine the value of accounts or game items accurately? You'd also need to have the means to sell them as fast as possible if people default on their loan.

Just what bct need, more sold accounts to run scam icons, good idea but in principal I think it is wrong.

BCT accounts must never be for sale.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 05:58:24 PM

These type of sites already exist but I don't know if it has been saturated yet.

It might be worth a try.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:25:46 PM

Just thinking will it have potential or no.  Pawn shop for online items, the place where you can get money for your account, item from game, gift card, art, code for anything what have value.

It will be a good one but the part of getting money for your account is something you will need to define properly because if its like bitcointalk accounts, then that would not be nice in my opinion because that would mean creating an avenue for more scammers and spammers to continue to transact their business outside the forum which is something that is frown at over here.

On the other options, I think it will be a good one but the costs should be something you need to consider by finding a way to get it at a discount compared to other major markets and also the shipping fees should be looked into because of the category of people who will be buying outside your country of residence. Also, you need to think of inbuilt escrow system as well as conflict resolution mechanism because when it comes to handling people, all this are bound to create problems.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:06:56 PM

This.
How will you ensure that digital items are being pawned by the original owners? It’s hardly worth all the effort if all the accounts and GCs you pawn end up being cancelled or claimed back by their real owners.
kooler1

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:48:29 PM

I think there is indeed a lot of space for fraud. Since you probably would like to use cryptocurreny for exchange (why else would you ask on this forum Wink) it won't be possible to request charge back or even figure out who are the physical people staying behind the deal.

Unless your system will be a party that makes sure goods are as described and delivers them after payment.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 08:16:33 PM

After we have the Internet and all its associated technologies, vastly more versatile, almost infinite in possibility.
However, a site or store like this, seem to be susceptible of another fraud.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 11:59:24 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 12:16:19 AM by error08

This.
How will you ensure that digital items are being pawned by the original owners? It’s hardly worth all the effort if all the accounts and GCs you pawn end up being cancelled or claimed back by their real owners.

Escrow will works obviously, the website itself will act as a third party to escrow all the funds from buyers until the goods or items received in destination and be confirmed fine as ordered.
The biggest obstacle maybe about how to gain trust for a new site, there are some sites which offer similar services to buy and sell various goods using cryptocurrency or bitcoin as medium of exchange and but those sites charge high fees.
Another thing to note about shipment, a third party (your site) have to provide some shipping platforms which can handle shipment across the world, so everyone will know how much it cost for every order.
pksingh

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

BCT Manager

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 08:57:32 AM

Nice one.
How would you securitize and make it legally binding in a common way to many geographies or at least to your target market could be a game changer.
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:06:01 PM

This.

Escrow will works obviously, the website itself will act as a third party to escrow all the funds from buyers until the goods or items received in destination and be confirmed fine as ordered.
The biggest obstacle maybe about how to gain trust for a new site, there are some sites which offer similar services to buy and sell various goods using cryptocurrency or bitcoin as medium of exchange and but those sites charge high fees.
Another thing to note about shipment, a third party (your site) have to provide some shipping platforms which can handle shipment across the world, so everyone will know how much it cost for every order.
Escrow isn't even the problem. If you properly read the 2 sentences of this topic (literally is that too much to ask?) you would know that the idea was to launch a pawn shop for digital items. So no physical items and they won't need shipping. The main problem is that this will attract loads and loads of fraudulent people. Since it's extremely hard to verify ownership of digital ownership this will not be an easy problem to solve. You would ask sellers to provide some sort of proof of payment (e.g. an online receipt, or confirmation mail) but this could easily be faked. Not to mention e-cards could be carded or bought with stole credit cards.
cruiser7th

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:00:45 PM

Oh.. it is like amazon then...

Well... the account holders must have personal identity documents. like billing address or something like that and it will be check by the website owner..

The items, to be sold. It was depend to the rule so that fraud will be low..

There would a ban and refund system... "still thinking"
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:56:53 AM

Of course you need to have new innovation for this, because there are already people made it before you, you have to exploit the chance from what before you. I often found some cases that compel to pull with the maximal nominal that too high.

marchchug

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:51:24 AM

There are already some sites like these that have existed in the past. However, I'm not that sure if those still exist.
nmmnasr

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:25:07 PM

Just sharing my thought. I agreed that it is quite possible, if you carefully develop the idea and the project of the Pawn shop for online.
If you make the project clear enough. With clear and good whitepaper and a good website. And also with the organized development teams, it is possible to develop quite a good prospect.

Thanks
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:29:04 PM

Just sharing my thought. I agreed that it is quite possible, if you carefully develop the idea and the project of the Pawn shop for online.
If you make the project clear enough. With clear and good whitepaper and a good website. And also with the organized development teams, it is possible to develop quite a good prospect.

Thanks

How can you even write something like this? Explain how it would be possible to make something like this, without getting most of those accounts flagged for fraud and deleted?
Most of the stuff you're saying doesn't even relate to the OP. Why would he make an ICO for this?

It's a bad idea, end of story. Unless you can come up with some decent arguments for it, don't spam nonsense like this.

Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:36:01 AM

The development of this project is open to bitcoin members and there are many opportunities that we can get.

To know the information there must be a high experience.
Appropriate actions for a project that runs us can learn a bit about bitcoin development.

A little opinion that I can say, because I also still learn how the way related to the development of bitcoin.
If there is good information, I will also want to learn about the knowledge I still do not know.

Maybe there are many more ways we can from other to start a business dibitcoin.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:43:05 PM

Oh.. it is like amazon then...

Well... the account holders must have personal identity documents. like billing address or something like that and it will be check by the website owner..

The items, to be sold. It was depend to the rule so that fraud will be low..

There would a ban and refund system... "still thinking"
Everything over in the internet can be subjected to a fraud, so you can't easily trust people behind in every screen. A billing address can be forged if you don't have any contact to of liability to every government in every countries. If OP project tends for the people only in his country then the problem will be lesser difficult but how can he handle all of this when the problem of fraud is in the first place.

woffingshire

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:44:00 PM

The fact that people is able to get these accounts via social engineer or that others can't be sold depending on the ToS of the account, would be killing the meaning of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: