Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: //// Why are BTC profits dropping so low?? \\\  (Read 596 times)
Lickman (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:01:51 AM

Hi there,

In May I was getting over .1 BTC per day on a little more than 1600 Mhash, now a month later its almost as low as .025, a quarter of what it was.

What is going on ? What should 1600 Mhash be producing per day, approximately?

any ideas??
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:03:17 AM

Hi there,

In May I was getting over .1 BTC per day on a little more than 1600 Mhash, now a month later its almost as low as .025, a quarter of what it was.

any ideas??

^lives under a rock. ASICS DUDE, ITS the freaking asics and gpu farms. i know a dude with a 1500 Ghash farm. he even pays several people to monitor it. pulls down 200 btc a week..

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:04:12 AM

1600 Mhash/s should produce ~0.04 BTC per day on average (fluctuations possible depending on the pool you choose, its luck and its payout system). (see also: http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/)

As to why your profits are down, the difficulty has increased considerably recently with the addition of ASIC miners. Since the block-generation rate is supposed to be constant at 1 block per 10 minutes, an increase in network hashrate will decrease the amount of profit per Mhash/s.
Cheetahx

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

www.fastcoin.ca

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 07:11:23 AM

Hi there,

any ideas??

Time to move to an easier coin, which has a better return on investment, mine them, and then sell them back into BitCoins.  There are many Alt coin's to choose from at the moment, as a useful guide I use the following site to help me understand the most profitable...

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/

To be perfectly clear, I am not a pump and dump shill, but my personal favorite at the moment is FastCoin.  If you would like to learn more about that coin you can click here...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237703.0

, but any coin that tickles your fancy on that list that has a greater return on investment of resources should do the trick.  It is important to check the list daily, as prices constantly fluctuate.

Cheers and good luck!

Fastest fairly released Crypto

FST: feH4MSdmG42be3dzjYgXKtnKDEYcKNUKkB     BTC: 1CMeKdFQYnYLpjTd7k7UGkgK6L4TSJFNNR 

www.fastcoin.ca
www.fastcointalk.org
icyak

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:24:51 AM

try some other cryptocurrency ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0
Lickman (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:29:57 PM

Thanks for the replies here. I have been looking into that, but we'll see if there's any bounce back to the rate/day before going down that road.

From most of what Ive seen here on Increased hash rate, which was 16000 GHASh yesterday, the payouts, although lower because of the smaller individual share, should balance due to higher frequency, which does not seem to be the case.

Anyone able to explain this?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:31:40 PM

There is no higher frequency. The system selfregulates to only produce a block of coins every 10 minutes, regardless of how much power you throw at it.
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:36:08 PM

There is no higher frequency. The system selfregulates to only produce a block of coins every 10 minutes, regardless of how much power you throw at it.
Actually the frequency is a higher as difficulty is increasing. But it will only balance out a little part.

E.g.
difficulty 1 mio, 100% gain, but 150% frequency (thus triggering the diff increase) -> gained more
1. increase to 1,5 mio -> less gain, 100% frequency
2. increase to ~1,5 again
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 05:58:03 PM

Actually the frequency is a higher as difficulty is increasing. But it will only balance out a little part.

E.g.
difficulty 1 mio, 100% gain, but 150% frequency (thus triggering the diff increase) -> gained more
1. increase to 1,5 mio -> less gain, 100% frequency
2. increase to ~1,5 again

Yeah, ok, higher frequence in the short run until readjustment.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:01:23 PM

You profits are getting low because other people are increasing their bitcoin mining and getting the bitcoins before you do.

Also, your title is obnoxious, on this forum we generally discourage using superfluous characters in the title.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
btcisco

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:06:15 PM

Instead of starting a new thread, I will just ask here

Does difficulty change per Block cycle or time? ( or are those almost one and the same)
- if the hashing power increased 5x overnight would that mean we would mine 2016 blocks faster and retarget would happen 5x as fast?
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 06:21:45 PM

Instead of starting a new thread, I will just ask here

Does difficulty change per Block cycle or time? ( or are those almost one and the same)
- if the hashing power increased 5x overnight would that mean we would mine 2016 blocks faster and retarget would happen 5x as fast?

Difficulty is changed based on the number of blocks. When the block number is hit, the new difficulty is changed. So yes, if the network rate doubles the new retarget happens in only half the time.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: