Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:14:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy is the most valuable thing that belongs to you.  (Read 595 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 07:08:42 AM

The reason why most people do not use encryption is because it's too bothersome to use existing solutions like GPG. What we need is an easy (that means, no bitmessage's hashing and "takes 5 minutes to send a message") way to communicate - something persistent.

Do not use proof of work for messages. Botnets sending out email spam will still send out PoW spam. Message delivery and permanent storage should not be guaranteed - rather, read notifications is what should be.
RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:11:58 AM

Lower barriers help, but don't you think most people neglect data security b/c they simply don't value [or understand the value of] privacy?

somewhat amusing paper - Ben Laurie decries PoW&spam almost a century ago (in internet time)
http://goo.gl/xObnG

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:17:07 AM

The reason why most people do not use encryption is because it's too bothersome to use existing solutions like GPG. What we need is an easy (that means, no bitmessage's hashing and "takes 5 minutes to send a message") way to communicate - something persistent.

Do not use proof of work for messages. Botnets sending out email spam will still send out PoW spam. Message delivery and permanent storage should not be guaranteed - rather, read notifications is what should be.
this community should pool all of the great minds and come up with a new framework for privacy. great post TF. this deserves a sticky imo. We have to stand up for our rapidly diminishing rights. Don't know what its like down under but i can feel the noose tightening in the states.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:17:51 AM

Exactly and I find that Bitcointalk has the most liberal policy allowing for most privacy
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:23:25 AM

Exactly and I find that Bitcointalk has the most liberal policy allowing for most privacy

i'm not quite sure i understand what you mean. would you care to elaborate a bit?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:20:20 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 10:52:20 AM by hashman

Lower barriers help, but don't you think most people neglect data security b/c they simply don't value [or understand the value of] privacy?

somewhat amusing paper - Ben Laurie decries PoW&spam almost a century ago (in internet time)
http://goo.gl/xObnG

What's so amusing about somebody being correct?   As an anti-spam solution, PoW was never successful, and mostly for the reasons he gives.  

Edit:  Sorry, I misunderstood your comment.  It does have a light hearted tone and funny title Smiley
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 09:41:46 AM

RetroShare is quite easy to use, might even be grandma-compatible, but it's quite a monolithic piece of software, we need something more modular and more web-like

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: