Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would European ATM industry benefit the crypto world?  (Read 140 times)
Jeremy-Whites (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:07:00 PM

Don't you think once most of Europe is covered but such service providers, that the popularity would rise, as well as the trust and even demand? I think that having a "thing from the internet" manifest itself in your everyday life in the form of ATM would have a huge impact to the masses, who are yet to know what cryptocurrencies are or simply to the sceptics.
E.G.

https://medium.com/@coinstaker/ever-heard-of-bitcoin-atms-here-is-what-you-need-to-know-254d2d72cfb2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:52:33 PM

Don't you think once most of Europe is covered but such service providers, that the popularity would rise, as well as the trust and even demand? I think that having a "thing from the internet" manifest itself in your everyday life in the form of ATM would have a huge impact to the masses, who are yet to know what cryptocurrencies are or simply to the sceptics.
E.G.

https://medium.com/@coinstaker/ever-heard-of-bitcoin-atms-here-is-what-you-need-to-know-254d2d72cfb2
As far as I know there are already ATM's for bitcoin working around the globe. It will surely benefit crypto world if ever there would be a crypto ATM where a lot of cryptocurrencies can be converted into cash easily. Bitcoin ATM at the moment is not widely used because there is only a few of them operational in a country most of the time. In my country's case we only have one which is located to the capital which is really far away to some users.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:05:57 PM

E.G.

In Switzerland there are tons of Bitcoin ATM's. The train stations all have Bitcoin ATM's and they aren't the cheap, stupid looking ones, they look robust and solid. There are some machines that look like toys but the ones i've seen are the real deal. I've never used them, but in any case think about them as passive advertisement of Bitcoin, since it says "Bitcoin" on it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: