Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:32:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO that have raised 75-100M that were successful for investors in the last year  (Read 292 times)
SL18 (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:37:19 PM

Do you have any in mind? Name of coin and how much they raised

I tend to believe low market cap for an ICO has most chance of being profitable for ICO investors.

75-100M seems like a lot to me...

Thanks a bunch friends!
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:45:23 PM

There are a lot of websites where you can look up the biggest ICOs of 2017. But here is one for your convenience:

https://www.blockchainmob.com/biggest-icos-2017-top-10-icos/

Whether the projects are as successful as their teams' ability to raise millions is another question.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-19/one-of-the-biggest-icos-tezos-plummets-amid-internal-strife

surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:46:40 PM

Not sure there were a lot that raised in that specific range but I can recall one and it was successful for investors and that was TenX. The intial sat price was around 30k sats and it peaked at 150k sats roughly.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
SL18 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:48:43 PM

Okay thank you!

Helps me with my research on an upcoming ico!
Snarks

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:17:54 PM

What kind of research? Are you trying to gauge how many millions you could raise if you launched an ICO yourself? Wink

SL18 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:33:06 PM

What kind of research? Are you trying to gauge how many millions you could raise if you launched an ICO yourself? Wink

No lol

I'm very picky when it comes to investing in an ICO. I've only invested in two Santiment and RPX. One was successfull and the other not so much.

I'm asking because I came across a new ico that seems interesting in February but they want to raise with today's btc price around 70M which I find a lot. I wanted to see if there was a correlation between the amount raised and the multiples that can come afterwards.

Whether there were or weren't any successful ICO between 75M and 100M doesn't mean I'll invest or not but I was just wondering.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:38:21 PM

I tend to believe low market cap for an ICO has most chance of being profitable for ICO investors.

Thanks a bunch friends!

If you are looking for pure PnD then mate not brainer pick is low cap restricted ICO than big one like Tezos EOS.
Low cap coins/token you can pump aout of the box while bigger one need time and delivery.
Tezos EOS and others need time to show results and then token may rise.
With higer cash for development is higher chance that it will work nicely

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
SL18 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:40:35 PM

Thanks a bunch friends!

If you are looking for pure PnD then mate not brainer pick is low cap restricted ICO than big one like Tezos EOS.
Low cap coins/token you can pump aout of the box while bigger one need time and delivery.
Tezos EOS and others need time to show results and then token may rise.
With higer cash for development is higher chance that it will work nicely

I like what you just said!
Snarks

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:45:23 PM

I'm asking because I came across a new ico that seems interesting in February but they want to raise with today's btc price around 70M which I find a lot. I wanted to see if there was a correlation between the amount raised and the multiples that can come afterwards.

70 million dollar is definitely a large amount of money for a startup to ask especially if they only have a white paper. I'm not sure the top 3 has even released anything beyond a white paper since raising over $180M each. I've got a feeling the people connected to those projects and their social network had a bigger impact on their success than the concepts.

SL18 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:48:04 PM

70 million dollar is definitely a large amount of money for a startup to ask especially if they only have a white paper. I'm not sure the top 3 has even released anything beyond a white paper since raising over $180M each. I've got a feeling the people connected to those projects and their social network had a bigger impact on their success than the concepts.

Company started in 2014. They are launching the product this month and doing the actual ICO in March.
Snarks

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:56:09 PM

It's a good sign that are still around since 2014 and have been developing their product before launching an ICO. I wonder how they financed those past years though, did they pay it out of their own pocket or do they already have private investors?

SL18 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:58:03 PM

It's a good sign that are still around since 2014 and have been developing their product before launching an ICO. I wonder how they financed those past years though, did they pay it out of their own pocket or do they already have private investors?

They raised seed funds so private investors I guess?

https://www.thekey.vip/

Thats the company.. nothing to hide lol
vadimkavp

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:01:05 PM

Most likely they had a successful PR campaign. Such large sums are achieved either very strong team, a good product, or good PR.
Snarks

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:11:20 PM

I'm reading the whitepaper now. Keeping in mind the Chinese government is developing a social credit score system I think Thekey could make a lot of money if they can close a deal with the government. But it's also a bit creepy.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion

SL18 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:48:59 PM

I'm reading the whitepaper now. Keeping in mind the Chinese government is developing a social credit score system I think Thekey could make a lot of money if they can close a deal with the government. But it's also a bit creepy.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion

I think they could be successful but 70M (as of now) is a lot..
Snarks

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:53:17 PM

Check this out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4918342/China-installs-20-million-AI-equipped-street-cameras.html

If the Chinese Sky Net is tracking people in daily live on the street using facial recognition, then Thekey will be doing that online with a biometric fingerprint.

SL18 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:55:32 PM

Check this out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4918342/China-installs-20-million-AI-equipped-street-cameras.html

If the Chinese Sky Net is tracking people in daily live on the street using facial recognition, then Thekey will be doing that online with a biometric fingerprint.

Terminator is upon us
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:26:34 PM

Tezos was one of the most biggest icos of all the times, if i am not wrong, they rised more than 400 millions dollars because their ico was just when bitcoin rised from $3900 to $5000 in a few weeks, and this was one of the reasons of why they rised this incredible amount of money.
A lot of icos have been failing during the last time, but icos really need a new opportunity, we are considering all of them as scam, but it is not true, i have been reading a lot of honest whitepapers todays, lol.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
cryptohorsee

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:33:05 PM

Thanks a bunch friends!

Never invest into such high cap icos. The ideal cap is below $30mln. And if it is less than that it is even better. I remember one of the ico had ultra low cap which was around 400k and it did 2000%!

uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:34:53 PM

Waves raised more than 150 million dollars if i am not wrong, but it was a long time ago and ico's were like a Boom by that time, and this is why they rised this huge amount of money.
but there have been some good icos during the last time, uTrust is raising a lot of money, i am not sure about how much money they have raised so far, but i think that they are doing it great.
There are some projects that were very succesfull, try to look it, if they are already listed on the top 100 then it means that they raised a lot of money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: