Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucid dreaming  (Read 1540 times)
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2010, 02:38:40 PM

Any one here had a lucid dream .Its the knowledge of being in dream .Simply you know exactly that you are dreaming in a  dream .
Concept used in inception.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 11:33:52 PM

I don't lucid dream. But I often have dream about bitcoin.  Cheesy

Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
December 20, 2010, 11:41:35 PM

Any one here had a lucid dream .Its the knowledge of being in dream .Simply you know exactly that you are dreaming in a  dream .
Concept used in inception.

Yeah, I used to play around with LD and OOBE in the past; haven't done this in a while, but I have had a few lucid dreams.

Why do you ask?
spndr7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2010, 02:24:55 AM

once i had it .But i have been never able repeat it .I was guessing can the chances be increased ?

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2010, 04:32:15 AM

Pay attention to what you see in your dreams. Write them down right when you get up, or even get yourself up in the middle of the night to get more faster. Whatever you see a lot of (rivers, cars, watches, birds, anything) pay attention to them in your real life. When you see them check if you are dreaming, you won't be, but it will build the habit of checking. Eventually you will check even in your dreams.

I don't have much personal experience, just some stuff I've read.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 21, 2010, 12:07:25 PM

Any one here had a lucid dream .Its the knowledge of being in dream

Well I have had knowledge of being in a dream, but as far as I know it needs more than that to count as lucid dreaming.

Lucid dreamers claim to be aware that they are dreaming, AND be able to push the dream in the direction of their choosing.
JohnDoe

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 21, 2010, 05:01:55 PM

I was guessing can the chances be increased ?

The one time I had a lucid dream was on a period when I was thinking constantly about it so you may improve your chances if you think about it right before you go to sleep.

Also I heard that polyphasic sleeping may increase your chances, but evidence is only anecdotal of course.
Mahkul

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
December 21, 2010, 08:20:24 PM

As FreeMoney said - and also from my own experience - you have to get into the habit of asking yourself a question whether you are dreaming right now or not quite often. If you keep on doing that in reality, you will eventually start doing that while dreaming. Then you will be able to realize that you are actually dreaming; however, usually for the first few times you will probably wake up straight after realizing that you were dreaming. It takes a little bit of practice to learn this.
Drifter

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 21, 2010, 09:43:49 PM

Any one here had a lucid dream .Its the knowledge of being in dream

Well I have had knowledge of being in a dream, but as far as I know it needs more than that to count as lucid dreaming.

Lucid dreamers claim to be aware that they are dreaming, AND be able to push the dream in the direction of their choosing.

Becoming lucid is simply becoming aware that you're dreaming. Some luicid dreamers push the boundaries after becoming aware, and try to control aspects of their dream. This is related to lucid dreaming, but something different.

Most people have lucid dreams, it's just that they don't remember them. An amazing show is being put on inside our heads every night and most of us don't bother to even try to remember them. What I find most amusing is how the laws of a dream reflect the laws of reality, and it usually takes some true commitment to break those rules. For instance, gravity. Even when I am lucid, if I try to fly in a dream, I usually can only jump very high, trapped by some strange force of gravity that only exists in my thoughts.

I attempt lucid dreaming, and I attempt dream control. It takes a good amount of commitment to even remember your dreams but it's ongoing practice.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 21, 2010, 11:58:40 PM

I remember another dream about bitcoin again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: