Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do any ICOs refund your money?  (Read 398 times)
lambomoonmoney (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:45:09 PM

I want to invest in an ICO yet want to invest in something that can refund me in case I need to pull out the money for an emergency. Know any companies that honor that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TokenAgency

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:06:53 PM

I want to invest in an ICO yet want to invest in something that can refund me in case I need to pull out the money for an emergency. Know any companies that honor that?

I've never heard of this, sorry. Some ICOs offer escrow protection but that's very different than just pulling your money out whenever it suits you.

My advice is don't invest any amount of money that you're not willing to lose. Definitely don't invest your emergency fund if you don't have income coming in to replace it.
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:13:44 PM

i don't know my friend but i haven't heard of such thing but there a thing which can be almost similar to refund is to buyback the altcoin you possess i have to make it clear that i saw it in bounty campaigns i dont you should seek the advice of the devteam.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:16:53 PM

Those icos that are going to give you your funds back if they dont reach enough money are those who are using an escrow in order to have all the investor's funds in there, if they dont have one, then it means that if the ico fails, you are not going to see a buck again.
But just think about it, escrows for icos are very risky, if it is a good amount of money, they can feel tempted to stole all that money and run away with that, and this is a very freaky scenario.
I dont know, most of them dont give the money back.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:28:52 PM

Currently having a bad experience with my first ico now ethconnect refused to allow ETH withdrawal even when they said people can withdraw.
Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:30:47 PM

After being in bitcoin for about 6 years or 7, all I can say is that whenever you give money, never expect to get it back.
It happened to all of us Sad
sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:31:53 PM

Personally, I wouldn't invest in an ICO if this were an issue at hand, only invest what you are willing to lose. That's the risk involved.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 06:42:23 PM

I don't think any ICO will or has refunded money until they have been forced to do so by govt. agencies, like in case of tezos. I guess SEC regulated ICO may support refunds, but chances are very less as most ICOs nowadays give tokens instantly for your invested amount. So in a way they are not liable to refund you back.   

rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:53:35 PM

If there are some fraud  attempts by dev team i will gonna to report them to local police. Dont expect they will give back your money no matter how strong arguments you gonna to use against project. Always check team of project before making investment decision.
Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:12:59 PM

I know of one ICO that refunded all participants when the minimum goal of ether wasn't reached. I don't know of any ICO that would let you request a withdrawal at your request before the tokens have been issued. That's the risk you take. It should be explained in the T&Cs.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:26:33 PM

I think refunds happen when...
- ICO goal is not met and it is "cancelled"
- ICO goal is met.  Excess contribution is rejected/not accepted.

If you just changed your mind, I've never heard of any who got a refund.  Wait for your token then sell it...or pray either of the above happens.

Good luck!
hiVe

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:37:54 PM

I think refunds happen when...
- ICO goal is not met and it is "cancelled"
- ICO goal is met.  Excess contribution is rejected/not accepted.

If you just changed your mind, I've never heard of any who got a refund.  Wait for your token then sell it...or pray either of the above happens.

Good luck!

Yes, I think there is no project refund for you. Because that money was used to execute projects. They don't have money to refund for you.

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:49:17 PM

Yes, a good example of ICO a got refund is Digipulse ICO, they were unable to reach the soft cap so they decided to return fund.

MarioLuck990

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:00:57 PM

First time I listen to something like this. Do ICOs give and refunds  Huh
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:04:23 PM

I was part of ICO it was called MVPlineup and it was canceled becouse BTC have HUGE fees and it as not possible to run buisness on BTC.
So those guys have given back all money they got from US Smiley that was full refund 1:1 : )

PS: Guy involved in this was from Bitcoin Dark.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:15:30 PM

Not in the past and not in the present that their is any ICO which can give refund, but in future it may happen. Only refund option was their when escrow was used and some ICO had their minimum investment cap if that is not achieve they gave refund and cancelled the ICO. Apart from this their is no ICO which gives option of refund the invested bitcoins if investors wants due to emergency or declining to join ICO.
Fancyax

Activity: 196

Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:49:35 PM

No ICO will refund your money in any case. Be reasonable and do your search before the ICO not after. Don't invest unless you're sure and don't expect that every ICO is profitable.

yura888

Activity: 364

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:52:52 PM

You must understand that now, especially now investing in projects at an early stage, the you is risky and you can lose everything

Embeco

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:56:00 PM

Those icos that are going to give you your funds back if they dont reach enough money are those who are using an escrow in order to have all the investor's funds in there, if they dont have one, then it means that if the ico fails, you are not going to see a buck again.
But just think about it, escrows for icos are very risky, if it is a good amount of money, they can feel tempted to stole all that money and run away with that, and this is a very freaky scenario.
I dont know, most of them dont give the money back.

That's so not true. You can use an escrow, but why would you if you can have a smart contract fulfill the same role? And I do not know a case of a smart contract getting greedy and running of with ICO funds... Also, to stay ontopic: Those escrow mechanisms in smart contracts are very common and almost every ICO has it in a kind of soft-cap implementation. If an ICO does not have this I would consider twice to invest in it as it is an additional layer of user protection.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:57:08 PM

I highly doubt that any ICO will really refund your money. Governments banning ICOS and a lot of people calling ICOS scams is for a reason. Most of them are a scam, because they don't have any working product or any future at all. Most just want to transfer your money out of your pocket into theirs.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: