Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:31:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of ASICMINER-PT and other Mining shares/PTs  (Read 2947 times)
dragony (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:47:31 AM

Hi there Smiley,
my first post in Securities.

I have few questions for you guys:

1) Having some shares of ASICMINER-PT (Chinese) is a great thing due to the dividends but... what is the future of ASICMINER-PT? Swedish https://www.kncminer.com/ is comming, Russian http://www.bitfury.org/ is here.

2) What this chart means?

Is ASICMINER having difficulties with increased difficulty or the competition have more advanced technology (e.g. the Swedish). If KNC starts mining with better hardware, ASICMINER could be worth zero. Swedish manufacturers could have better technology which they don't outsource to China.

3) Are there any other stocks(PTs) of mining companies and exchanges? I know about those at https://btct.co/security but nothing about them.

I am ready to invest in ASICMINER-PT but I am not sure they will be able to fight the competition.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:51:56 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140366.0
https://picostocks.com/stocks/view/19
Based on bitfury chips...

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:53:46 AM

The chart means that the AM-Hashrate went down. This is unrelated to difficulty or competition. They might have a different kind of problems (power supply, overheating, rearrangement, etc.)
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:01:00 AM

Promised future technology mines exactly at zero hashrate now. Wink
dragony (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 01:35:17 PM

Thanks all of you for your replies Smiley

Reading the thread isn't making me comfortable to give my BTCs to these people. Sry Smiley

The chart means that the AM-Hashrate went down. This is unrelated to difficulty or competition. They might have a different kind of problems (power supply, overheating, rearrangement, etc.)

Promised future technology mines exactly at zero hashrate now.

Haha, nice Smiley

Is there any other info about that drop of ASICMINER's hashrate? I wouldn't be glad to buy the stock which will jump to half in few days.  Undecided

Do someone know how big will be the today's dividend?
ianp

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:17:52 PM

Thanks all of you for your replies Smiley

Reading the thread isn't making me comfortable to give my BTCs to these people. Sry Smiley

Promised future technology mines exactly at zero hashrate now.

Haha, nice Smiley

Is there any other info about that drop of ASICMINER's hashrate? I wouldn't be glad to buy the stock which will jump to half in few days.  Undecided

Do someone know how big will be the today's dividend?

There is a speculation thread on this page that will provide some insight.

Leading theory is that ASICMINER is taking off Gen2 miners and replacing them with Gen3. Gen2 miners will then be sold to the public at a fixed price, like previous sales of Gen1 miners.

The second leading theory (IMO) is datacenter/power issues in southern China.

dragony (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:41:10 PM

Ok, so KNC (Swedish) PTs are available? Are there any other mining stock worth mentioning or it is just ASICMINER-PT?
blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:13:37 PM

Ok, so KNC (Swedish) PTs are available? Are there any other mining stock worth mentioning or it is just ASICMINER-PT?

KNC stocks will be available on bitfunder soon..

Bitrated user: blastbob.
dragony (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:47:10 AM

Ok, so I am in for ฿2.74 which is not that bad. Thanks to selloffs and uncertainty.
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 09:25:47 PM

Promised future technology mines exactly at zero hashrate now. Wink
+1 Timing is everything in this extremely competitive market.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:44:24 PM

Ok, so I am in for ฿2.74 which is not that bad. Thanks to selloffs and uncertainty.

you could've gotten it for below BTC2.7 at the lowest point.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
dragony (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:45:56 PM

I've bought few PTs for 2.8 and later 2.6 Smiley I am little worried that if KNC or someone else will come with better hardware those 20% of ASICMINER's market will go down with PTs heading south. Also I am interested about competition.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 12:55:49 AM

I've bought few PTs for 2.8 and later 2.6 Smiley I am little worried that if KNC or someone else will come with better hardware those 20% of ASICMINER's market will go down with PTs heading south. Also I am interested about competition.
I hope that you understand ,Most of the integrated circuit manufactures in China is capable to produce at 40nm technical  , KNC is using 28nm.(not a huge differences ,and I believe China has manufacture can produce this at 28nm too.)for integrated circuit producing, it would be roughly the same process to producing 110nm  (Technical used in first Generation Blade)and 28nm ,it only different in the production equipment involved .and also consider the cost advantage in China and availability of production equipment and technicians. Still should not worry about it too much.
In facts the missing hashrate is backed , other things should be consider is as long as there are not competitors in the exchange ,this still are good assets, even it dividend been drooped 50% , it still the best assets generate positive value to its shareholders. The only things is some people are often too sensitive about the price fluctuation and often fell panic when they see the price drooped significantly.
I think if you wish to make money in BTC stock market than AM is the only option as long as I have seen.
I was spreading this information before, since some one said go to get PMB , because its dividend looks like better than AM, but they did not consider about its dividend is far less than the value depreciated of its contract , which you can look at PAJKA bond.
AM is a company in Shenzhen ,GuangDong province China. this province is famous of assembly electrical products. The most apple products is produced in this province too. 

My point is do not worry, if there are not other assets generated positive value, then AM still in the dominant position , for those selling shares today is equal to make a panic loss and give up their future benefit.  of course , if you planed to leave the BTC exchange than it will be another story.    
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:14:29 AM

I think if you wish to make money in BTC stock market than AM is the only option as long as I have seen.

BASIC MINING has just tripled its share value in the past few weeks.

Doubled over last night.
gog1

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:40:20 AM

I think BASIC MINING would be a good short.

Doubled over last night.
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:07:37 AM

That's because creativex just got his Avalon unit.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:07:54 AM

Doubled over last night.
Basic mining's dividend is about 3% a year at today's level, I would not call this as a competitive competitor. and for majority AM shareholder's need a stock that can at least average trading over 100BTC per day,and the liquidity provides by those stock are not meet this requirement , but I would to see if KNC really IPO at bitfunder,then it will affecting AM's price, but consider KNC only produce hardware, they do not mining, so this question needs take further analysis.
I suggest do not buying Basic mining at this price level, not only it has very low dividend compare with AM ,and its price more likely to be correct in the future.
dragony (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 08:01:32 PM

I hope that you understand ,Most of the integrated circuit manufactures in China is capable to produce at 40nm technical  , KNC is using 28nm.(not a huge differences ,and I believe China has manufacture can produce this at 28nm too.)for integrated circuit producing, it would be roughly the same process to producing 110nm  (Technical used in first Generation Blade)and 28nm ,it only different in the production equipment involved .and also consider the cost advantage in China and availability of production equipment and technicians. Still should not worry about it too much.
In facts the missing hashrate is backed , other things should be consider is as long as there are not competitors in the exchange ,this still are good assets, even it dividend been drooped 50% , it still the best assets generate positive value to its shareholders. The only things is some people are often too sensitive about the price fluctuation and often fell panic when they see the price drooped significantly.
I was spreading this information before, since some one said go to get PMB , because its dividend looks like better than AM, but they did not consider about its dividend is far less than the value depreciated of its contract , which you can look at PAJKA bond.
AM is a company in Shenzhen ,GuangDong province China. this province is famous of assembly electrical products. The most apple products is produced in this province too. 

My point is do not worry, if there are not other assets generated positive value, then AM still in the dominant position , for those selling shares today is equal to make a panic loss and give up their future benefit.  of course , if you planed to leave the BTC exchange than it will be another story.     

Thank you for you very informative post. The thing is if Swedish or Russians can produce 28nm with lower power demand fast enough, they can surpas ASICMINER very fast. Maybe it's a stereotype but I still view China as great manufacturer but not an inventor.

Doubled over last night.

That's because creativex just got his Avalon unit.

Basic mining's dividend is about 3% a year at today's level, I would not call this as a competitive competitor. and for majority AM shareholder's need a stock that can at least average trading over 100BTC per day,and the liquidity provides by those stock are not meet this requirement , but I would to see if KNC really IPO at bitfunder,then it will affecting AM's price, but consider KNC only produce hardware, they do not mining, so this question needs take further analysis.
I suggest do not buying Basic mining at this price level, not only it has very low dividend compare with AM ,and its price more likely to be correct in the future.

Thank you guys for your posts about Basic minig. I will definitely look into that.

Anyway the price of ASICMINER-PT jumped up but I think it will go down to 2.9 again. The price gain was too quick.
Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:09:28 PM

Doubled over last night.

This shows a fundamental lack of understanding - a fairly common one on these forums.

The time something's a good buy as an investment is BEFORE it tripled in value - not after.  You buy low and sell high - not the other way round.

It may be that there's reasons why it's still good value - but if so it is NOT that price has risen (that just made them worse value than they were before), but rather the reason why the rise occurred plus a reason why they're worth even more than that.

Knee-jerk "Its price rose so I'll buy" reactions are one of the most stupid (but common) things in BTC trading.  All other things being equal a share whose price fell is better value than one whose price just rose.  Of course all other things are NOT equal - which is (part of) why it's the "other things" that should form the basis of any useful discussion rather than how price has happened to move.
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:13:35 PM

Doubled over last night.

This shows a fundamental lack of understanding - a fairly common one on these forums.

The time something's a good buy as an investment is BEFORE it tripled in value - not after.  You buy low and sell high - not the other way round.

It may be that there's reasons why it's still good value - but if so it is NOT that price has risen (that just made them worse value than they were before), but rather the reason why the rise occurred plus a reason why they're worth even more than that.

Knee-jerk "Its price rose so I'll buy" reactions are one of the most stupid (but common) things in BTC trading.  All other things being equal a share whose price fell is better value than one whose price just rose.  Of course all other things are NOT equal - which is (part of) why it's the "other things" that should form the basis of any useful discussion rather than how price has happened to move.
+1
Suggesting someone to takeover those share when just tripled its price ,is equal to convince other to take a boom over himself.
Price sometime is not necessary factor, when I bought DMC it only trade at 0.12 ,at this time AM is trade around 1.3
I been calculated that DMC hold 1000 shares of AM at that time, its share price is undervalued by its stupid share holders.
So far , the best assets I invested is DMC, it not only link with AM's value , it has further increase room once BTCT mining received its BFL orders.

Anyway ,before invest in any assets ,do your homework and considering all possible situations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: