Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Ron Paul: We Are Approaching the Point of No Return  (Read 171 times)
allthingsluxury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 06:48:30 PM

The treatment for this is a correction; you have to allow the debt to be liquidated. You have to get rid of the mal-investment and you have and to allow real economic growth to start all over again. But that wasn’t permitted in ’08 and ’09, which is why there’s been stagnation. It's hard to believe that today we have negative interest rates -- real rates are negative and people still aren’t grabbing them up! A shortage of money isn't the problem here; rather, it’s a shortage of understanding market conditions.

We’re over-taxed and over-regulated. This is resulting in a destructive system that has divided the country into two groups: those who haven’t recovered from the Great Financial Crisis versus those who are getting very rich because they're on the receiving end of the new money created by the Federal Reserve. The people who get to create the credit get to distribute the credit, which always results in a situation where money becomes unfairly distributed, as its allocation is no longer dependent on productivity.

Click here to watch this video:

https://goldsilverliberty.blogspot.ca/2017/11/dr-ron-paul-we-are-approaching-point-of.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lynchfondu

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:02:06 PM

By "Great Financial Crisis," are you referring to the "Great Depression?" You understand that post-WW2 conditions were the best conditions for the average (white) American in history right? I think the conditions you want to look at is Reagan and beyond.

It's ironic actually. You're talking about over-regulation as a fault of economic disparities, but Reaganomics was the beginning of the economic conditions that are present in the US today, and the beginning of what became the political norm for succeeding US governments: cut taxes and increase spending (i.e., deregulate and incur more debt).

I can tell you that deregulation actually correlates with an increase in government spending, because deregulation usually surmounts to cutting taxes to social programs, which exacerbates problems of poverty. To offset the increase in poverty as a result of deregulation, the US government has historically spent more (they borrow in the absence of tax revenue) to deal with the situation. This way, they are able to deregulate and satisfy a majority of Americans, which secures them political power, but sequentially they incur more debt as a result. A homeless man is more expensive on the street than he is if housed (look at Utah).

- Your friendly neighborhood political scientist.

aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:00:51 PM

I didn't watch the video as it sends you to a different website even tho it seems like it will send you to a Youtube video. Pretty deceptive if you ask me, I do not approve of it.

By "Great Financial Crisis," are you referring to the "Great Depression?"

No. I am pretty sure from the context that he is referring to a global financial crisis in 2008, which was when and probably why the Bitcoin was born.
(It is even referred to in the first Bitcoin block or rather the bank bailouts that occurred after)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007%E2%80%9308

To find a solution to a problem we need to have the definition of the problem first. As for the problem of rich profiting from the FED and the bank bailouts at the expense of the people, the solution is to not print more money and give it to the banks. The problem of the bailout is the bailout itself, over-regulation and over-taxation isn't what brought us here, it was trusting banks and the bailout afterwards which would affect even the ones that didn't trust the banks and had no part in the blame.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: