Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] Avalon Module boards for sale  (Read 3195 times)
magnets99 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:03:24 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 08:02:05 AM by magnets99

Hello there,

I have 10 unpopulated Avalon module boards for sale.
https://i.imgur.com/TTJoR1r.jpg

my background is in electrical engineering and I am replicating the Avalon design.

I've had more PCB's made than I need and I intend to sell them to offset my capital outlay.

As you can see in the image, i'm going to start populating mine, but i only have enough parts (and ASIC AVALON chips) for 10 boards so i have a further 10 available.
I can get more made if the interest is very high.

I am based in Sydney, Australia.
You may inspect before paying if you wish. I am happy to post internationally however I will ONLY post with tracking.
Australian orders will be sent by Express Post with Tracking (next business day)
International Orders will be sent by Express Courier International http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/express-courier-international.html
Please note I will only post to countries that will provide tracking and signature

If you want one, reply to this thread with your offer and how many boards you want.
I don't know how much interest is here, so i guess i'll leave this thread open over the weekend and post them out on monday.

The fine print:

I will pick the highest offer until all 10 boards are gone.
Please note Postage is on top of your offer (It will be about $10)!
I'm happy to write commercial sample on the package as that's what it is.
You are responsible for any customs charges (if applicable)
I would appreciate a + of trust if you are happy when it arrives (though this isn't mandatory).
I will contact you via PM to get your Postal address and give you my BC address.
Feel free to make an offer by PM if you have to but i would like to make this transparent for all. I would not like to be accused of making up shill bidders etc.

Any questions please do ask (though i'm off to bed now, so it there will be a delay for a reply, it's 10pm here and i'm a tired father!)

FAQ
Whats with the writing and the silver bowl?
My username is in the picture to show that they are my boards, I put the bowl in there as the warped reflection will make it hard for ass-hats to photoshop their own username into my image.

Are you going to sell populated boards?
I'm not planning on it at the moment, i have the components for 10 boards but i haven't made them yet, i would not like to sell any until I've proved i can make at least one.

Do you have any more ASIC chips?
no

Do you want any more ASIC chips?
no

Where did you get the boards made?
Hackvarna

How do i know the boards are good?
They are the avalon design, i've made no modifications at all, if they don't work, then mine won't work either, and neither will anyone else's.
Hackvarna do electrical testing on each board so there should be no broken tracks.

How are you going to solder those? they are tiny!
Yes, yes they are. I will be using an IR reflow oven, a steady hand and probably quite a lot of swearing.

How much to post to the USA/UK/Canada/myhouse?
About $10, i'll get you an exact price when I know where you are and how many boards you want. Don't worry about this too much, i will not charge you anything other than what it costs me and i will put (a copy) of the receipt in. I think there are two options 2-4 days and 2-7 days, the latter being cheaper. It will be your choice
http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/MS160-International-Post-easyguide-apr2013.pdf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 02:21:25 PM

My username is in the picture to show that they are my boards, I put the bowl in there as the warped reflection will make it hard for ass-hats to photoshop their own username into my image.

Nice idea. Guess I'll do likewise in the future. Thank you.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
GigaWave

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:20:27 PM

This is actually quite common and even required to post a for sale thread on the real forums on the internet. Helps cut down on scammers which seem to be so prevalent here.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:18:27 PM

Since apparently there is no opening bid amount I guess I'll start off with the obligatory low ball offer of 0.1 BTC per board, interested in all 10 boards. Total bid BTC1 for all 10 boards
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:19:58 PM

This is actually quite common and even required to post a for sale thread on the real forums on the internet. Helps cut down on scammers which seem to be so prevalent here.

Yes, this is indeed the way to do it. Just as posting "order proof" should NOT be a screenshot, but a digital picture of your actual computer screen (with phone/camera) with a post it, or other paper note with username.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 04:31:34 PM

how much cost ?
dxtwo

Activity: 145

coins...coins...as far as you can see

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:55:18 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2013, 11:59:40 PM by dxtwo

5 BTC @ 1 (correction: for populated board).

I am interested in an unpopulated board tho.
Aquaficial

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 09:17:18 PM

5 BTC @ 1

Why would you pay that much? You do know that these are just the board only and do not include the chips right? There are no parts on it at all and you have to buy and solder all the parts separatly. Without the right tools, it is very hard.
TheSwede75

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:21:04 PM

5 BTC @ 1

Why would you pay that much? You do know that these are just the board only and do not include the chips right? There are no parts on it at all and you have to buy and solder all the parts separatly. Without the right tools, it is very hard.

Wait, what that a 5 BTC bid for ONE of the boards? 5 BTC is a lot even for all 10 boards, but go for it.
dxtwo

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:58:38 PM

Ah, I thought this was for one of the completed boards!
magnets99 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:26:59 AM

Hi All,
Yes 5 BTC is way too much even for ten.
I shall assume you thought they were populated.

I'd like about 0.5 for each board as i'm saving you time and the boards are high quality.
But i will be ok with anything more than 0.1 a board.

I hope someone bids over TheSwede75 otherwise they got the deal of the century :0)

Is there any interest for a board populated with everything except the ASIC chips?
I have no idea how i would test that the board was working. And i'm not sure if you can dead-bug the ASIC chips (though a blower would probably work).

dxtwo

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:50:02 PM

1.5 BTC for all 10
fasmax

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:02:53 AM

Have you built the etch for the controller board ?
magnets99 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:32:41 AM

Have you built the etch for the controller board ?
No i was hoping to get around that by using the protocol directly from a raspberry pi, haven't looked into it yet. My Chips are due September so i've got a little while.
If it looks easier (and not too expensive) to make the controller rather than messing about with odd libraries I'll go ahead and etch the controller

And by etch i mean, "have the 4 layer pcb's professionally produced, cnc'd and silk screened" at hackvarna or i may use seeed who i'm use to dealing with.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:18:46 PM

500$ for 1 board to much .
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:53:14 PM

5 BTC @ 1 (correction: for populated board).

I am interested in an unpopulated board tho.

If looking for a fully populated Module (8x10chip boards), it looks like Hashtech is accepting escrow with JohnK.  I don't know if that includes the heatsink backplate... didn't really look since I am not in the market.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:08:18 PM

Any possibility of producing more?

Do you have the backplane board that 8 of these boards will plug into?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
magnets99 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:34:10 PM

Hi Bogart,

I don't have the back plane, i hate the fan noise so i'm mounting mine in a water cooling rig.

I can [produce more module board] but i think it would probably be a better idea for me to create populated boards and sell them.
A lot of people have bought ASIC chips but don't have the hardware to run them.
If i can pre populate the boards, people could solder the last asic chips on themselves, it all depends on whether you can dead bug it i think.

I will have to have a play with my boards and seek advice from those who do this as their day job  Smiley

Great signature BTW, i didn't realise it ever got that bad. Do you think the modern day equivalent would be the US simply instructing it's ISP's to block the bitcoin ports?

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:25:34 PM

Hi Bogart,

I don't have the back plane, i hate the fan noise so i'm mounting mine in a water cooling rig.

I can [produce more module board] but i think it would probably be a better idea for me to create populated boards and sell them.
A lot of people have bought ASIC chips but don't have the hardware to run them.
If i can pre populate the boards, people could solder the last asic chips on themselves, it all depends on whether you can dead bug it i think.

I will have to have a play with my boards and seek advice from those who do this as their day job  Smiley

Thanks for your reply.

I don't mean the heatsink, but rather the backplane PCB that 8 of the 10-chip boards plug into electrically, which itself then connects to the control unit via a ribbon cable, like is shown here:

https://i.imgur.com/LD5WFWe.jpg

Do you have the components on hand to populate the boards (minus the Avalon chips)?  I'd be interested in buying the PCBs along with their SMT components, to try assembling them myself.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
AndrewK

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:30:11 PM

So I pm'ed about these. I'd take all 10 for 2btc.

Thanks,
Andrew

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: