Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:06:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] Avalon Module boards for sale  (Read 3195 times)
magnets99 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:49:42 PM

Hi Bogart,

Yup, i meant the PCB as well (not the heatsink)
That back plane would be no good in the water cooling rig i have in mind, i will be just using ribbon cable for data and some heavier guage for the Power.

I have enough components for 10 boards, All parts were ordered from Digikey and comes to about $300 (for 10 boards worth).

I guess i could order some more parts but again, i want to get these working.

If i get these working, I will think about selling a kit which would be (i'm thinking aloud here Smiley

one module board
set of components for module boards

then optionally:
components soldered to the module board (except the ASIC chip)
Heatsink or water block
Raspberry Pi instead of controller board with a prebuilt image (and of course the ability to build your own so you can feel confident that your bitcoins aren't going to me Smiley

That's all at least two months away for me though, unless someone in sydney has an avalon miner and some spare chips they want to lend me so i can test mine works Grin
Seems to me that the big thing lacking out there at the moment (based on the PM's i'm getting) is the part list that converts the Avalon BOM into the order list for Digikey.
I had to have a lot of help in making that list and until i've got some working boards (September) i'm not confident in giving that away.

dxtwo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

coins...coins...as far as you can see

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 10:00:32 PM

2.1 BTC for all 10
magnets99 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:01:48 AM