Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:33:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS 71 Gh/s Avalon Unit in hand - overnight shipping  (Read 3981 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 03:41:38 PM

I already was saying when bfl failed to deliver the first time that  ebay will be offering asics at 10th of original retail price. Thats the time to buy not a penny more.
Wink Grin

Those who hold longest will probably get it the cheapest. But will it be worth it by then? <shrug>

This is hard to say because what people seem to fail to realize is that the more affordable they get, the more people will buy. Ex:

If they run $100 for 1 TH/s, I may buy 10

People will say "that's too expensive, wait until they are $10 per TH!"

Now they are $10 for 1 TH/s, so I buy 100

In essence, I am still getting the same amount of relative hashrate. It doesn't matter if I buy it now for a higher cost or later for a lower one. Either way, the more affordable they are the more EVERYONE is going to buy, and the more you have to buy to keep competitive.

What if theres a crash and btc is at $10 ppl want out of the game. Fear can bring in a deal.

I think if we experience a crash like that, ASIC's are the least of our worries, :p.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yantis (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:58:57 PM

These units are no longer for sale. I have taken down the offer.
groomsxxx

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 10:56:13 PM

Good cause you were never going to get what you wanted.

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
yantis (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:11:58 PM

I feel bad for most people because they want to make their money back in 3 to 4 months instead of projecting years out. I think right now its impossible to buy anything you can make your money back in a few months with especially pre orders. This is going to be very interesting as all the speculators that are looking for quick returns get out of mining.

I took them down btw because I fixed my power problem (I hope) and have redone my analysis and feel I will make more for these over the life of the unit than I would get selling them.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:07:33 AM

I feel bad for most people because they want to make their money back in 3 to 4 months instead of projecting years out. I think right now its impossible to buy anything you can make your money back in a few months with especially pre orders. This is going to be very interesting as all the speculators that are looking for quick returns get out of mining.

I took them down btw because I fixed my power problem (I hope) and have redone my analysis and feel I will make more for these over the life of the unit than I would get selling them.

I completely get where you're coming from, but the problem here is that there's no telling how long the devices will last. Along with this, Bitcoins could go up in value (meaning what you've mined is worth more), but in that case you could have purchased more Bitcoins up-front and just held on to them.

It's really all a matter of how you look at it.

I'm glad you got your problem fixed, though, and I do wish you luck!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:14:57 AM

I already was saying when bfl failed to deliver the first time that  ebay will be offering asics at 10th of original retail price. Thats the time to buy not a penny more.
Wink Grin

Those who hold longest will probably get it the cheapest. But will it be worth it by then? <shrug>

This is hard to say because what people seem to fail to realize is that the more affordable they get, the more people will buy. Ex:

If they run $100 for 1 TH/s, I may buy 10

People will say "that's too expensive, wait until they are $10 per TH!"

Now they are $10 for 1 TH/s, so I buy 100

In essence, I am still getting the same amount of relative hashrate. It doesn't matter if I buy it now for a higher cost or later for a lower one. Either way, the more affordable they are the more EVERYONE is going to buy, and the more you have to buy to keep competitive.

What if theres a crash and btc is at $10 ppl want out of the game. Fear can bring in a deal.

I think if we experience a crash like that, ASIC's are the least of our worries, :p.

market will remain irrational longer than you will remain solvent.
Eb0la

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:15:19 AM

Do you have the MTBF for these units?  If so your points would stand merit however there are no stats like this on ANY ASIC devices that I know of.  Its 100% gambling if you are in it for the money and not the security of the coin.  Which, lets be honest with ourselves a fair majority of people on this forum are here strictly to make fast cash.

yantis (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 03:45:50 AM

Ebola - I fully expect these modules to last for years. Of all the units out there so far to date I haven't heard of a single module having issues. The weaker parts are replaceable (ie: power supply, network router etc). Even if one of the three modules failed you could just take it and put it in another unit since each has room for four modules.
Eb0la

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:00:35 AM

Ebola - I fully expect these modules to last for years. Of all the units out there so far to date I haven't heard of a single module having issues. The weaker parts are replaceable (ie: power supply, network router etc). Even if one of the three modules failed you could just take it and put it in another unit since each has room for four modules.

If you buy a TV from the store, do you expect it to last for years?  With the way manufacturing is done these days, I sure as hell don't.  Everything is so cheaply made now a days.  Bring back LEAD solder.... This ROHS shit is crap! Cheesy
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 10:10:37 AM

If you buy a TV from the store, do you expect it to last for years?  With the way manufacturing is done these days, I sure as hell don't.  Everything is so cheaply made now a days.  Bring back LEAD solder.... This ROHS shit is crap! Cheesy

I expect it to... but then again we got a brand new Plasma a few years back that after 13 months the main board fried on it and the cost of the board alone was more than the TV was worth.

groomsxxx

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:13:30 PM

Someones  batch 1 Avalon is messing up already.   things can happen.

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 01:22:54 PM

Yeah, this is my biggest fear. The technology is still new, which means unforeseen things are going to happen. Do Avalons have warranties?

yantis (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:41:56 PM

Can you post a link for that? If its the actual modules then I would worry a bit if its one of the other components then not so much.

yantis (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 08:16:35 PM

Ranlo - No warranties that I know of and its much worse than that. The people who were shipped broken units etc have been ignored for months on end by the time they do get their unit replaced the units will have significantly less value.

Yeah, this is my biggest fear. The technology is still new, which means unforeseen things are going to happen. Do Avalons have warranties?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 09:16:41 AM

Ranlo - No warranties that I know of and its much worse than that. The people who were shipped broken units etc have been ignored for months on end by the time they do get their unit replaced the units will have significantly less value.

Ouch! On a good note for people like you that already have them, that means yours are worth more (and earn more) right now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: