Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:45:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to get started with writing ASIC Code  (Read 407 times)
pr3m0nition (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:38:45 PM

Does anyone have any knowledge, Or knows where to start with writing the machine language for ASIC's to be able mine. Essentially what i am looking to do is a DIY mini ant miner.

Any links, Or how-to's are appreciated.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:56:16 PM

All the software for miners and pools is open source.  Download it and study.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:57:04 PM

There is no 'writing machine language for ASICs'. The logic structures are 'hard wired' so to speak into the layout of the dies. There is no programming possible. Only a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) is able to be programmed with a fixed logic structure that simulates the hard coding an ASIC uses. Even then they are still far slower than an ASIC.

Got a strong Computer Science background? You will need one for digging in this deep...

If you mean writing micro controller code to talk to the ASICs - follow vrobb's suggestion.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
pr3m0nition (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:34:31 AM

So essentially, The engineers behind the ant miners designed all of the XOR logic behind the asics?

I have looked for said material and have returned nothing.. Maybe i am just not looking in the right areas.

And yes, I Have a little bit of a background in computer science. Just trying to learn as much about this stuff as possible.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SkyLakeMine

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 05:11:50 PM

Does anyone have any knowledge, Or knows where to start with writing the machine language for ASIC's to be able mine. Essentially what i am looking to do is a DIY mini ant miner.

Any links, Or how-to's are appreciated.

At a high level, ASIC would be a hardware implementation of SHA-256 hashing algo. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Something like this? https://github.com/secworks/sha256 or this? http://async.org.uk/tech-reports/NCL-EECE-MSD-TR-2011-170.pdf

I just googled for it. I have no idea about the suitability of the links I just gave.

I have used this to try to understand the hashing algo.
https://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/sha256.html

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:55:18 PM

Actually that Newcastle link is a very good one and spot-on as an introduction to why ASIC solutions are so bloody much faster vs using normal CPU's and math co-porcessors (aka GPU's).

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: