Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 02:48:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gold set to release  (Read 438 times)
VitKoyn (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:51:29 AM

Bitcoin gold is set to go live this weekend.

In a new blog post, the developers behind the fork of the bitcoin blockchain said that they would release a formal software client for download at 7:00 PM UTC on Nov. 12. Originally set for a public launch on Nov. 1, the project is backed by LightningASIC, a seller of mining hardware based in Hong Kong, as well as a community of relatively unknown developers.

Hello miners and users!
We’re thrilled to announce a start date to the community:
November 12, 2017 – 7:00 PM (19:00 UTC)
At this point, we will provide the Bitcoin Gold full node client download on our website. The BTG blockchain will officially be live, with blocks mined openly by users and pools from all around the world.
Wallets and exchanges will be able to process deposits, withdrawals and trades (as soon as they are ready). This is the culmination of months of hard work, which have led to many changes and improvements, including:
Equihash PoW change
Implementation of full Replay Protection (BIP143 SIGHASH) (protecting the community from attacks)
Implementation of a Unique “G” and “A” prefixed Address Format (avoiding accidental coin transactions to incorrect destinations)
Refinement of the per-block difficulty  adjustment algorithm (to better respond to dynamic changes in hashing power)
The usual minor tweaks, bug fixes, and improvements
Successful mining on several generations of Public Testnet
Network & pool integration
We are extremely grateful for the community around the world who have been contributing hash power to our testnets; besides patiently testing their own mining process, they allow exchanges, pools, wallet developers, and all other service operators to implement and test their support of BTG so that the Bitcoin Gold community can have a full suite of services at launch time. Thank you to all those who have donated their hash power to this effort! We’d also like to extend our gratitude to all those service providers who have been working so hard with us to prepare a fully functional ecosystem at launch.
The results are living proof that a friendly fork can lead to healthy, organic growth of a new crypto community.
The team is now redoubling efforts in the following areas:
Improving our documentation so that accurate, up-to-date info is easily accessible for mining
Assisting providers of services (exchanges, wallets) to integrate BTG – Full technical info
Assisting press and social media communities with access to information and services coming soon (official wallet and mining guide, official community forum, etc.)
We know that many of you share our happiness and joy as we mark this exciting moment.
#1CPU1VOTE
With best wishes.
Bitcoin Gold Community

Source: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-gold-release-cryptocurrency-sunday/
Official announcement: https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-launch/

Will you hold and wait for the price to pump or dump it after you receive your free Bitcoin Gold? Thoughts?
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:05:49 AM

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I have been eagerly waiting for this. And i am surprise that the team is doing quite well so far in adding replay protection and other technical development given of the bad reputation they have.
cryptobaboon

Activity: 1498
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:46:36 AM

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I have been eagerly waiting for this. And i am surprise that the team is doing quite well so far in adding replay protection and other technical development given of the bad reputation they have.
The lack of reputation, you mean. The idea behind it, the de-centralization (once again, staying away from the mining farms out there), I really like it but I'm not sure it can compete. Maybe before BCH... those forks are coming in waves and I hope to see calm seas from now on Undecided
Mysterious01

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:53:31 AM

In a new blog post, the developers behind the fork of the bitcoin blockchain said that they would release a formal software client for download at 7:00 PM UTC on Nov. 12. Originally set for a public launch on Nov. 1, the project is backed by LightningASIC, a seller of mining hardware based in Hong Kong, as well as a community of relatively unknown developers.

Hello miners and users!
At this point, we will provide the Bitcoin Gold full node client download on our website. The BTG blockchain will officially be live, with blocks mined openly by users and pools from all around the world.
Wallets and exchanges will be able to process deposits, withdrawals and trades (as soon as they are ready). This is the culmination of months of hard work, which have led to many changes and improvements, including:
Equihash PoW change
Implementation of full Replay Protection (BIP143 SIGHASH) (protecting the community from attacks)
Implementation of a Unique “G” and “A” prefixed Address Format (avoiding accidental coin transactions to incorrect destinations)
Refinement of the per-block difficulty  adjustment algorithm (to better respond to dynamic changes in hashing power)
We are extremely grateful for the community around the world who have been contributing hash power to our testnets; besides patiently testing their own mining process, they allow exchanges, pools, wallet developers, and all other service operators to implement and test their support of BTG so that the Bitcoin Gold community can have a full suite of services at launch time. Thank you to all those who have donated their hash power to this effort! We’d also like to extend our gratitude to all those service providers who have been working so hard with us to prepare a fully functional ecosystem at launch.
The results are living proof that a friendly fork can lead to healthy, organic growth of a new crypto community.
Improving our documentation so that accurate, up-to-date info is easily accessible for mining
Assisting providers of services (exchanges, wallets) to integrate BTG – Full technical info
Assisting press and social media communities with access to information and services coming soon (official wallet and mining guide, official community forum, etc.)
We know that many of you share our happiness and joy as we mark this exciting moment.
#1CPU1VOTE
With best wishes.
Bitcoin Gold Community

Will you hold and wait for the price to pump or dump it after you receive your free Bitcoin Gold? Thoughts?
Pretty useful information, I will now move my bitcoin to exchanges to avail some of bitcoin gold.
I will HODL and I'm hoping that I will be happy with my decision in the following years.
GUI_Center

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:46:05 AM

Majority of people will dump I bet, and move that money into alts. I will gladly see my alts pump a bit when that happens.

ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:48:02 AM

Hello miners and users!
Equihash PoW change
#1CPU1VOTE
With best wishes.
Bitcoin Gold Community

This information is very useful to me. I also like to invest in Bitcoin gold. I have bitcoin and some altcoin in my wallet. Currently I hold Bitcoin and altcoin. it will release in after few days. I can exchange my cryptocurrency BTC to BTG. Many of the users also looks for these project. Because this have more profit for all the member.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:53:08 AM

Hello miners and users!
Equihash PoW change
#1CPU1VOTE
With best wishes.
Bitcoin Gold Community

if this information will come to reality most of the users of crypto will be glad.and may think that the Alts era is coming.its been quite long that the alts not growing because of the supremacy of btc.so thank you for this info mate.and looking forward for this to come true
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:58:52 AM

Majority of people will dump I bet, and move that money into alts. I will gladly see my alts pump a bit when that happens.
Yeah I'm also doing that. Currently the price of BTG is floating around at $120-130, I don't think it will stay that after the release people are going to dump is very hard. I'm going to dump is asap and probably buy some ETH.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:38:10 AM

I still don't trust the team of bitcoin gold, they first of all did not complete their work on time(it happens but when you're a new unknown team, such mistakes are considered as weaknesses). Also, bitcoin gold is a shitcoin and I don't know what will be it's use in the future when people dump it.
I think most of us figured it out after the bitcoin cash fork. Alts have a really good chance to be pumped now, also because of the fact that there segwit2X has been suspended indefinitely.

Argoo

Activity: 2296
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:55:00 AM

Very good and useful information. In principle, I was waiting for something similar from the developers bitcoin gold. Previously, there was a lack of information about this coin and many wrote about it. After such results of the developers' work and bitcoin gold team as a whole, I hope that the demand for bitcoin gold will rise and it will grow in price.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
tradingcryptocoach

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:28:06 AM

thanks for info
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250