Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:22:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One GPU vanished from device manager.  (Read 173 times)
radu91 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:20:47 AM

Hey guys. One of my rigs 4x 1080ti has been running just dandy for at least 4 months. All of a sudden one of the GPU's dissapeared from device manager.

What is the most common thing that dies in this situation. What should I replace first? Is it the card itself? How do I check if the card died ?

Thanks.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:23:24 AM

Hey guys. One of my rigs 4x 1080ti has been running just dandy for at least 4 months. All of a sudden one of the GPU's dissapeared from device manager.

What is the most common thing that dies in this situation. What should I replace first? Is it the card itself? How do I check if the card died ?

Thanks.

Dead PCIE Slot or Dead GPU are two most likely reasons.

Swap card with another card in another slot and see if card is dead in a different slot, check heat from each card while rig is running to find dead card.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:32:12 AM

Worth a shot if you use windows: Go to device manager, expand display adapters, check show hidden devices, delete faded looking device drivers.
gtxBitcoinGuy

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:06:35 AM

If the fans are running then it means GPU is ok. If it doesn't then thats bad indication.

Try to install drivers again and restart.
radu91 (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:17:29 AM

Thanks for replys guys. I changed the PCI-e, didn't make any difference. The new one woudn't work in the old spot in the MB. I put the new one in a different slot in the MB and it started working but very poorly, doing about 100 sols only out of 700 which is usual.  After that I put back the old PCI-e that I tought it was bad and it worked in a different slot in the MB.

It seems that one of the slots pci slots from the biostar tb250 died, very weird.

Now it's back and running in normal parameters with the old PCI-E!

gtxBitcoinGuy

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:56:12 AM

Thanks for replys guys. I changed the PCI-e, didn't make any difference. The new one woudn't work in the old spot in the MB. I put the new one in a different slot in the MB and it started working but very poorly, doing about 100 sols only out of 700 which is usual.  After that I put back the old PCI-e that I tought it was bad and it worked in a different slot in the MB.

It seems that one of the slots pci slots from the biostar tb250 died, very weird.

Now it's back and running in normal parameters with the old PCI-E!

Glad you are back and the cards are ok. If I were you, I would change the mobo right away and don't take the risk to damage my cards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: